DEDICATED AV HUNTER

Lazarus

24 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

I can't do more than one laugh emoji at a post. This disappoints me.

I quasi-beat her.  Definitely couldn't without insps, but with a tray full of reds I just killed her before she got lucky and landed her stupid hold on me.

On 4/25/2024 at 5:51 AM, Lazarus said:

I see what you mean,..the other idea I had is a FIREMELEE/BIO,..

I also intend to use RING OF FIRE epic,..so no av running.

Also why is RAD a bad melee set?

an AV will most times step out of a ton of immob/holds/and various other mezzes.  

basically, if you are counting on something like 1 ST immob power you better be hunting sappers

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

an AV will most times step out of a ton of immob/holds/and various other mezzes.  

basically, if you are counting on something like 1 ST immob power you better be hunting sappers

Most AVs are actually rather weak to immobilizes. They fold the same way as regular bosses, even with the purple triangles up. So, 2 applications will do the trick - and if you use your immobilize as part of your attack chain, you will get a double stack with the base duration even against a +4.

• Microphone 1

• 2 weeks later
Posted (edited)

I done a lot of AV hunting with scrappers

My katana/Rad is really good against a lot of AV's

MY DM/SD has taken down alot but psi gets me I have not tried out my

My Ice/EA is my other  which can do PSI because of over load so any EA is the most versatile + it has endurance recovery and a heal

I think EA is under looked it has a taunt aura + recharge heal and endurance recovery

Edited by hejtmane

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

I hunt them all the time on my Tanker, so ST damage doesn't need to super duper optimized. That said I've taken as long as 7 minutes to kill some of the sturdier ones which would leave most of the Scrapper crowd cringing 😄

My suggestions would either be Energy Melee (exceptional ST damage with a tsunami of CC effects) or Fire Melee ('minimal' damage loss, much easier to achieve ST rotation, better AoE than Energy Melee). Rad Melee and Dark Melee might appeal thanks to their baked in heal but their ST damage is not amazing and Rad Melee in particular got hit by the 'fix' to Irradiated Ground.

For a secondary you'd need good heals, good recovery, solid all rounder. To be honest anything would work once throwing enough IOs at it but I'd pick Energy Aura. On a Brute or Tanker I'd go with Stone Armor which is a bit ridiculous. The small regen debuff Bio or Rad does is inconsequential.

Bio does add damage and is the choice for pylons, though pylons are a skewed test since it amplifies the -res that Bio does. I don't consider it as all rounder as Energy Aura but this is an AV hunter so it might be what's desired.