Mastermind Mastery

I thought having some Mastermind Mastery Ancillary Power Pools would be nice.  The following are my suggestions (not in the order that they might best be used):

Mastermind

• Mercenaries Mastery
    • Buckshot    Ranged (Cone), Moderate DMG(Lethal), Foe Knockback
    • Cryo Freeze Ray    Ranged, Moderate DMG(Cold), Foe Hold, -SPD, -Recharge, -Fly
    • Elbow Strike    Melee, Extreme DMG(Smash), Foe Knockback
    • Ranged (Targeted AoE), Minor DMG(Energy), Foe Disorient, -ToHit
    • Combat (Wolf/Crab/Bane Spider) Armor    Auto: Self +Res(Smash, Lethal, Psionics, Status Effects)
  • Thugs Mastery
    • Bullet Rain    Ranged (Targeted AoE), Moderate DMG(Lethal/Special), Knockback/Special
    • Suppressive Fire    Ranged, Minor DMG(Lethal/Special), Foe Disorient/Special
    • Heavy Blow    Melee, Moderate DMG(Smash), Foe Knockdown
    • Swap Ammo    Change Secondary Damage/Effects
    • Strength of Will    26    30    Self +Res(All DMG, Disorient, Sleep, Hold, Immob, Repel, Knockback), +Rec
  • Ninja Mastery
    • Kuji-In Retsu    Self +DEF, +Res(DEF Debuff), +Rec, +SPD, +Special
    • Explosive Arrow    Ranged (Targeted AoE), Moderate DMG(Lethal/Smash), Foe Knockback
    • Stunning Shot    Ranged Disorient, Minor DMG(Smash)Crippling Axe Kick    Melee, Moderate DMG(Smash), Foe Immob, -SPD, -Fly, -DEF
    • Hide    Toggle: Self Stealth, +DEF(Melee, Ranged, AoE)
  • Necromancy Mastery
    • Soul Transfer    Self Rez, Special
    • Dark Embrace    Toggle: Self +Res(Smash, Lethal, Neg, Toxic)
    • Tenebrous Tentacles    Ranged (Cone), Moderate DMG(Neg/Smash), Foe Immob, -To Hit
    • Abyssal Gaze    Ranged, High DoT(Neg), Foe Hold, -To Hit
    • Moonbeam    Sniper, Extreme DMG(Neg), Foe -To Hit
  • Robotics Mastery
    • Charged Shot    Ranged, High DMG(Energy), Foe Knockdown, Special
    • Cutting Beam    Ranged (Cone), Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe -Def(All), Special
    • Charged Brawl    Melee, Moderate DMG(Smash/Energy), Foe Sleep, -End
    • Kinetic Shield    Toggle: Self +DEF(Smash, Lethal, Energy), +Res(DEF Debuff)
    • Overload    Self +DEF(All), +Res(DEF Debuff) +Rec, +Max HP, +Special
  • Demon Mastery
    • Hellish Blight    Close, Moderate DoT(Toxic), Foe -End, +Regen, +Rec
    • It uses the same animation as Hell on Earth
    • Come Hither    Ranged, Foe Confuse, Placate
    • Entrance    Ranged, Moderate DMG(Psionic), Foe Hold
    • Burn    Location (PBAoE), Moderate DoT(Fire/Toxic), Self +Res(Immob)
    • Gnome Toss    Ranged, Moderate Damage Over Time(Smash), Foe -Perception, -ToHit, Delayed Moderate Fire Damage
      • Of course, make the gnomes more demon-looking
  • Beast Mastery
    • Call Swarm    Summon 2 Swarms
    • Earsplitter    Melee, Extreme DMG(Smash/Energy), Foe Chance for Hold
    • Howl    Ranged (Cone), Minor DMG(Smash/Energy), Foe -Res(All)
    • Scream        Ranged, Moderate DoT(Smash/Energy), Foe -Res
    • Fast Healing    Auto: Self +Regen

v/r
BG

• Like 8

This would give a boost to those most insulting of all MMs ever (please note sarcasm) the dastardly Petless MM.  And it would be pretty fun to have a gnome toss!

• Like 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

14 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

This would give a boost to those most insulting of all MMs ever (please note sarcasm) the dastardly Petless MM.  And it would be pretty fun to have a gnome toss!

Do Petless MMs exist and thrive? The Demon MM was a hard powerset to imagine up consistent ideas fitting with the power set. There is a shortage of other whip animations to borrow. The beast MM was complicated, too.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BrokenGods said:

Do Petless MMs exist and thrive? The Demon MM was a hard powerset to imagine up consistent ideas fitting with the power set. There is a shortage of other whip animations to borrow. The beast MM was complicated, too.

The game has gotten a lot more forgiving, what with the easy plethora of IOs one can pick up.  I've run a couple of semi-petless that did OK.  "Thrive" though?  Depends on how you define it, but I ran my second attempt all the way to 50 without problem (other than a hater on the forums here when I mentioned it) and had fun, which is how I'd define it.  I don't MM a lot though and dunno what might be going on in the forums over there about 'em.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

38 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

The game has gotten a lot more forgiving, what with the easy plethora of IOs one can pick up.  I've run a couple of semi-petless that did OK.  "Thrive" though?  Depends on how you define it, but I ran my second attempt all the way to 50 without problem (other than a hater on the forums here when I mentioned it) and had fun, which is how I'd define it.  I don't MM a lot though and dunno what might be going on in the forums over there about 'em.

I tried running one shortly after CoV release and gave up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BrokenGods said:

I tried running one shortly after CoV release and gave up.

Back then I bet it was too tough, yeah.

Go have fun!

I did have another idea for Robotics Mastery that I couldn't quite articulate. Instead of Overload, perhaps a fusion power where either the Protector Bots fuze (similar to the Hercules/Zeus Class Titan) to give the MM a second Assault Bot for a short while or that all pets could fuze into a "power suit" for some time. The power suit option could behave like the Keldian Dwarf transformation. Maybe I am just thinking with the 'rule of cool' in mind. Either way, it could be fun.

v/r
BG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BrokenGods said:

all pets could fuze into a "power suit" for some time

Hmm... I imagine a power like this would have to first check that you have some minimum number of living pets, kill/defeat them all, lock out the respective powers, and only then, trigger the temporary "power suit" power.  I wonder if such a power could simply overlay a larger wireframe version of the assault bot overtop your character, granting you an array of powers normally possessed by your minions, for the power's duration...

On 4/25/2024 at 5:37 PM, Clave Dark 5 said:

I have one currently that I take seriously, kind of a cross between Indiana Jones and Ash from Evil Dead. I love the whip, but don't like the demons. He works ok, is more about buffs (sonic defense) than combat, but 'thrive' is not a word I would apply to him.

Back on Live, I did one with Dual Pistols right when that came out. He was a lot of fun, but again, tough to really get anywhere with him after the 20s.

It's easier on HC, but I still get more use out of [Throwing Knives] at level 50 than I should...

• Like 2

On 4/25/2024 at 7:55 PM, BrokenGods said:

I have 8 of them. I have Semi petless as well, Either last mob or Tier 2 pets.  
EG Robot Boy - Boy with his Giant Robot. Another is like a tech fighter with Protector Drones.  Thug and Tier 3 Pet ( 2 brawling brothers)

The issue leveling them up petless is Endurance I think I got into the 20s ( I want to say 25 ) before I went for the PL route. 
The endurance drain is massive.. 

But if you IO them out at level 50. I am telling you I can solo 8/3 on all of them against the common squishy mobs. So no Carnies or Malta. 
A link to my thread is in my signature.

• Like 1