The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Clear Speed Test AE Mission (Trapdoor v2.0)

Ston

Posted (edited)

Servers published on: Live & Brainstorm

Mission Title: Clear Speed Test (Page 7)

Mission ID:  61992 (live), 23935 (brainstorm)

The popular "Trapdoor" test is now dead after the recent buffs to Council and Arachnos. I've spent some time putting together another version of this kind of clear speed benchmark and wanted to share it with you all and get some feedback. There are other good clear speed tests out there to use, but I wanted to make one where enemies have some resistance and a variety of attacks to fight you back with.

Map

• Nerva Archipelago Outdoor Map
    • I chose this map because it has fairly consistent spawn points. It is outdoors so it will allow for room for ranged tactics. The main drawback here will be that enemies have more room to flee if you do not defeat them fast enough.
    • In my limited testing, the clear time is very slightly slower than Trapdoor, but close enough.

Enemies

• Shadow Shard Reflections
    • This enemy group is a combination of Council / Circle of Thorns / Crey / Nemesis / Rikti. It features enemies from those groups that are relatively easy to deal with.
    • Enemy average resistance breakdown:
      • Lethal (15.18%) > Psionic (9.41%) > Energy (6.43%) > Smashing (4.50%) > Fire (4.32%) > Cold (1.78%) > Toxic (0.18%) > Negative (0.00%)
      • This is fairly close to what you would expect from most enemy groups.
    • "Final Boss"
      • The main boss of the mission is Roderick Mueller from the 5th Column. He's a pretty standard Elite Boss with 25% resistance to all damage types and no scary attacks. Notably more durable than Trapdoor.

Rules

• Only auto temp powers allowed
  • Only auto accolade powers allowed
  • Only alpha / interface / destiny / hybrid (passive) incarnate powers allowed
  • No inspirations
  • +4/x8 as the standard notoriety setting

*** The biggest pain point that can swing these tests are Crey Juggernauts with Personal Force Field. While annoying, you can always ignore them and come back to them. In my testing so far, they haven't seemed to impact the final time by much.

Any feedback on these test parameters would be much appreciated. Hoping to get some results in this thread to compare! I really do miss Trapdoor testing as I think it was a great way to compare builds and see which combos had the strongest clearing power.

Example run:

Edited by Ston
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Much prefer this over the office one, due to the mobs not instantly melting and having different attacks/resists. Not sure how it plays on other AT's but on a Peacebringer it feels like a wonderful test so high praise from me! ❤️

• Like 2

Banner3.jpg.79155737d064c3e5bab470e86fe0e248.jpg
❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🎖️ Friday Fashion Contest 🎖️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️
Friendly reminder that no matter what anyone or anything is saying, you ARE loved AND valued in life no matter what.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ston said:

Servers published on: Live & Brainstorm

Mission Title: Clear Speed Test (Page 7)

Mission ID:  61992

The popular "Trapdoor" test is now dead after the recent buffs to Council and Arachnos. I've spent some time putting together another version of this kind of clear speed benchmark and wanted to share it with you all and get some feedback. There are other good clear speed tests out there to use, but I wanted to make one where enemies have some resistance and a variety of attacks to fight you back with.

Map

• Nerva Archipelago Outdoor Map
    • I chose this map because it has fairly consistent spawn points. It is outdoors so it will allow for room for ranged tactics. The main drawback here will be that enemies have more room to flee if you do not defeat them fast enough.
    • In my limited testing, the clear time is very slightly slower than Trapdoor, but close enough.

Enemies

• Shadow Shard Reflections
    • This enemy group is a combination of Council / Circle of Thorns / Crey / Nemesis / Rikti. It features enemies from those groups that are relatively easy to deal with.
    • Enemy average resistance breakdown:
      • Lethal (15.18%) > Psionic (9.41%) > Energy (6.43%) > Smashing (4.50%) > Fire (4.32%) > Cold (1.78%) > Toxic (0.18%) > Negative (0.00%)
      • This is fairly close to what you would expect from most enemy groups.
    • "Final Boss"
      • The main boss of the mission is Roderick Mueller from the 5th Column. He's a pretty standard Elite Boss with 25% resistance to all damage types and no scary attacks. Notably more durable than Trapdoor.

Rules

• Only auto temp powers allowed
  • Only auto accolade powers allowed
  • Only alpha / interface / destiny / hybrid (passive) incarnate powers allowed
  • No inspirations
  • +4/x8 as the standard notoriety setting

*** The biggest pain point that can swing these tests are Crey Juggernauts with Personal Force Field. While annoying, you can always ignore them and come back to them. In my testing so far, they haven't seemed to impact the final time by much.

Any feedback on these test parameters would be much appreciated. Hoping to get some results in this thread to compare! I really do miss Trapdoor testing as I think it was a great way to compare builds and see which combos had the strongest clearing power.

Example run:

Its a shame that trapdoor testing is also yet another victim of the over tuned changes to council that never needed to be implemented in the first place.  Thanks Ston for your trying to come up with alternatives.

Edited by Sanguinesun

Awesome job! It may be worthwhile to have a version with neutral mobs as well even with the average resists being on the lower end, the variation may show some sets being better than others artificially if there is cross comparison. I like this map as an alternate test though!

@Laucianna, as for the Office Mission mobs I can up their toughness a bit if that's a problem, though the punching bags are meant to just be mowed down.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Awesome job! It may be worthwhile to have a version with neutral mobs as well even with the average resists being on the lower end, the variation may show some sets being better than others artificially if there is cross comparison. I like this map as an alternate test though!

@Laucianna, as for the Office Mission mobs I can up their toughness a bit if that's a problem, though the punching bags are meant to just be mowed down.

It might be the parameters in which the test is asked for, since Ston is requiring it to be +4/x8 it is going to prove harder to get through, I haven't tried the office map on +4/x8 as that is not what the people wanting the tests have asked for 🙂 Though having a "Final boss" like Ston that is tankier then the others might be a good idea!

Banner3.jpg.79155737d064c3e5bab470e86fe0e248.jpg
❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🎖️ Friday Fashion Contest 🎖️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️
Friendly reminder that no matter what anyone or anything is saying, you ARE loved AND valued in life no matter what.

I like the test, critical knockback is the most annoying part of the test as a whole (really as a feature that was added into the game period) and as you mentioned the personal forcefield bubble guys really not being all that great either. I like seeing the boss that gives it's allies a bunch of defense by spawning a big ff bubble, makes it more engaging as you need to target him down to lower defenses of that mob.

Overall I am finding the map a fantastic start. I'll need to look more closely at mobs a second time around but just general blind feel it's close to trapdoor.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 8:36 AM, Galaxy Brain said:

Thanks for the suggestion! Going to make an alternate version of this using mobs with no resistances. Thinking Battle Maiden warriors.

23 hours ago, Ratch_ said:

I like the test, critical knockback is the most annoying part of the test as a whole (really as a feature that was added into the game period) and as you mentioned the personal forcefield bubble guys really not being all that great either. I like seeing the boss that gives it's allies a bunch of defense by spawning a big ff bubble, makes it more engaging as you need to target him down to lower defenses of that mob.

Overall I am finding the map a fantastic start. I'll need to look more closely at mobs a second time around but just general blind feel it's close to trapdoor.

Great run! Thank you for giving it a try!

And yeah I didn't even realize crit kb was part of this until I got hit by one.. Pretty annoying. I think I'm gonna stick with this enemy group and try to adjust the mission settings to make it closer to trapdoor. Might be able to control how certain groups of enemies get spawned. But love seeing that tw/bio in action, making me want to make another tw character soon! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I gave this a go on my Fire/SS.

It had:

T4 Musculature

T4 Ageless Core

T4 Assault Radial (Inactive)

T3 Degen (Radial I think)

Full Accolades

Cimeroran

Time Lord's Boon

And Amps because I could!

I didn't realize I was close to levelling before starting this, so I will run again without the insp pop if needed!

Edited by Spaghetti Betty
  • Like 2

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

@Spaghetti Betty Awesome run! First time seeing dark mastery in action, looks very strong on that build. Fire/SS has been a favorite combo of mine since live, very cool to see it still competing with other top sets, especially without an epic aoe attack!

1 hour ago, Ston said:

@Spaghetti Betty Awesome run! First time seeing dark mastery in action, looks very strong on that build. Fire/SS has been a favorite combo of mine since live, very cool to see it still competing with other top sets, especially without an epic aoe attack!

I am really liking it a lot! Tar Patch is an insane tool for a Tanker to have. Sure, it may not make hitting things easier, but an autohit -RES and slow is working wonders. Plus, it can go over its target cap. It doesn't feel like the toon is ever short AoE because Tar Patch is a great force multiplier!

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

On 5/23/2024 at 10:04 AM, KaizenSoze said:

Good job Ston. One question. Does the Nemesis Vengeance appear to effect times?

I've done a bunch of runs and haven't noticed it making any major impact. Might hurt builds that don't build for accuracy/tohit but that's a useful measurement. You can get times where a Crey Protector will combine their AoE Force Field with Nemesis Vengeance and they'll be a little harder to hit.. But you don't need *that* much to get through even all those layers of defense.

Think this would be different if there were sources of -tohit, but luckily this group doesn't have those debuffs.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/21/2024 at 5:04 PM, Spaghetti Betty said:

I gave this a go on my Fire/SS.

It had:

T4 Musculature

T4 Ageless Core

T4 Assault Radial (Inactive)

T3 Degen (Radial I think)

Full Accolades

Cimeroran

Time Lord's Boon

And Amps because I could!

I didn't realize I was close to levelling before starting this, so I will run again without the insp pop if needed!

Wow, just.... wow. This seems like a beast of a combo lol. Such dmg for a Tanker. Dark Mastery seems sweet on it.

• Moose 1

• 4 weeks later

So, I was all ready to submit a time of ~12 minutes, when I realized it was supposed to be done at +4/x8. I only did 0/x8.

I've been trying +4/x8 for an hour but keep dying =(

Devs buff Mind plz k thanks.

Edited by EmperorSteele

• 1 month later