Invention Badge progresion bug

Orochi

Trying to get the invention badge and noticed that several badges(For example: the Healing and End/Recv recipes ) in the range of 15-20 aren't counting the invention of the IO for the completion of the badge. I have done some testing and it looks like recipe lv 15 doesn't count toward the badges.

Posted (edited)

You have to craft half of the count at level 15 and half at level 20. If it's an odd number, the off-count can be of either level.

This is the case for all the badges with a range of levels.

Edited by Eiko-chan
More info
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Microphone 1

^What they wrote. This is almost certainly your issue.

There is an occasional display bug for invention badge progress that won't show the bar increase, or what the actual count/progress is at for inventions, but this is a flaky UI issue that isn't particularly common. I usually encounter that problem in the SG base, but that is where I tend to be doing the mass-creation of inventions... I haven't been able to duplicate (or resolve) that issue by opening/closing the sorts of UI things that cause other issues in SG bases (storage racks, costume, vault, recipes, etc.)

• Like 1

My best advice: make a spreadsheet and track it yourself.  The badge progress is useless since it doesn't tell you how many of the different levels you've made.  Which baffles me because the Firefighter badges have two entries which each track hellions and fire defeats independently.  Why invention badges didn't get the same treatment is beyond my ken.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

My best advice: make a spreadsheet and track it yourself.  The badge progress is useless since it doesn't tell you how many of the different levels you've made.  Which baffles me because the Firefighter badges have two entries which each track hellions and fire defeats independently.  Why invention badges didn't get the same treatment is beyond my ken.

Probably because the IO creation badges don't have a fixed number for the number of IOs you make. If you need to make 7 level X and 7 level Y plus 1 extra of either, how do you code the bars? If you show it as 3 parts, 7 of X, 7 of Y, and 1 of X/Y, then the X/Y one will show completed when you make either X or Y for progress in the other 2 trackers. The Hellion Arson event has a fixed count of both fires and Hellions to track, so tracking them separately works. The current IO progress bars track X and Y separately, then applies the next IO you craft in excess of the fixed value to the variable. At least, that is my best guess.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct "then" to "the".

16 hours ago, Orochi said:

Trying to get the invention badge and noticed that several badges(For example: the Healing and End/Recv recipes ) in the range of 15-20 aren't counting the invention of the IO for the completion of the badge. I have done some testing and it looks like recipe lv 15 doesn't count toward the badges.

I'm assuming you have looked at this : https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Memorization_Badges

Table of Memorization Badges and Crafting Count Requirements
Badge Category Recipe Levels
10 15 & 20 25 & 30 35 & 40 45 & 50
Defense Debuff, To Hit Debuff, Taunt, Confuse Declining
Decaying
2 & 1
Despoiler
2 & 2
Dismantler
3 & 2
Retrograde
4 & 3
Heal Medicator
Mender
5 & 4
Rebuilder
6 & 6
Revivifier
8 & 7
Reanimator
10 & 9
Defense Buff, Resist Damage Armorer
Guardian
5 & 4
Protector
6 & 6
Security
8 & 7
Defensive
10 & 9
Sleep, Snare, Hold, Stun, Immobilize, Fear Blinding
Beguiler
5 & 5
Charming
7 & 6
Charismatic
9 & 8
Mesmerizer
11 & 11
Endurance Modification, Endurance Reduction Energy Conservationist
Battery Powered
6 & 6
Nuclear Powered
8 & 7
Mystically Powered
10 & 9
Perpetual
12 & 12
Recharge Rate, Interrupt Time Trigger Man
Hired Gun
7 & 6
Hit-Man
9 & 8
Sniper
11 & 11
Sharpshooter
14 & 14
Accuracy, ToHit Buff Major
Lt. Colonel
7 & 6
Colonel
9 & 8
Major General
11 & 11
General
14 & 14
Damage, Knockback Munitionist
Weaponeer
7 & 6
Warhead
9 & 8
Arms Dealer
11 & 11
Lord of War
14 & 14
Run Speed, Fly Speed, Jump, Range Pilgrim
Vagabond
7 & 6
Wanderer
9 & 8
Walks the Earth
11 & 11
Nomad
14 & 14

But I have to ask, are you trying to get a certain title or the portable work bench?

If you are trying to memorize all of these for the portable workbench you are going to spend WAAAAYYYYY more than buying it on the START vendor.

You are better off memorizing one that turns well and then selling that to make the money to buy the work bench.

You can easily use a workbench in a University or sg base to do this.

I'm not faulting you for wanting the portable workbench if that is your goal.

I do enough marketing so that many of my 100+ characters have a workbench.

When I was still raising capital - across the board - I was using the university or sg workbenches until I had the extra capital on a character to buy a portable workbench.

I haven't made a character that has memorized all of them since I have been on Homecoming.

I have enough characters that can make the levels of these that I want to manufacture and I know will sell, that I don't bother memorizing any of these any more unless I want the title.

There are some good titles in the mix.

Want your military ranks? in there.

I think I've Used Beguiler, Charming, Mesmerizer, Nuclear Powered, Mystically Powered, Hit Man, ... at least.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I crafted for all of the badges a couple of weeks ago, and there hasn't been a patch in that time period, so I guarantee you that it's not bugged.  Read to the badge hints.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

19 hours ago, Orochi said:

Here is an old IO memorization tracker spreadsheet.  Just plug in your character name and then select the recipe type and level you want to track.  As you make them, click the spot on the tracker on the right.  It will show you how many of what levels you need for the badges.    

This is back from live and I don't remember who made it - but it's still useful and a Godsend.

IO Mem Tracker v. 1.09.xlsm

43 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

This is back from live and I don't remember who made it - but it's still useful and a Godsend.

omg.

It isn't that complicated.

Put in bids for the number of them that you need for each to get the badge.

Only buy enough salvage for badge completion.

Do them one at a time.

I supplied the info from the current wiki.

2 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I'm assuming you have looked at this : https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Memorization_Badges

Table of Memorization Badges and Crafting Count Requirements
Badge Category Recipe Levels
10 15 & 20 25 & 30 35 & 40 45 & 50
Defense Debuff, To Hit Debuff, Taunt, Confuse Declining
Decaying
2 & 1
Despoiler
2 & 2
Dismantler
3 & 2
Retrograde
4 & 3
Heal Medicator
Mender
5 & 4
Rebuilder
6 & 6
Revivifier
8 & 7
Reanimator
10 & 9
Defense Buff, Resist Damage Armorer
Guardian
5 & 4
Protector
6 & 6
Security
8 & 7
Defensive
10 & 9
Sleep, Snare, Hold, Stun, Immobilize, Fear Blinding
Beguiler
5 & 5
Charming
7 & 6
Charismatic
9 & 8
Mesmerizer
11 & 11
Endurance Modification, Endurance Reduction Energy Conservationist
Battery Powered
6 & 6
Nuclear Powered
8 & 7
Mystically Powered
10 & 9
Perpetual
12 & 12
Recharge Rate, Interrupt Time Trigger Man
Hired Gun
7 & 6
Hit-Man
9 & 8
Sniper
11 & 11
Sharpshooter
14 & 14
Accuracy, ToHit Buff Major
Lt. Colonel
7 & 6
Colonel
9 & 8
Major General
11 & 11
General
14 & 14
Damage, Knockback Munitionist
Weaponeer
7 & 6
Warhead
9 & 8
Arms Dealer
11 & 11
Lord of War
14 & 14
Run Speed, Fly Speed, Jump, Range Pilgrim
Vagabond
7 & 6
Wanderer
9 & 8
Walks the Earth
11 & 11
Nomad
14 & 14

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

50 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

Here is an old IO memorization tracker spreadsheet.  Just plug in your character name and then select the recipe type and level you want to track.  As you make them, click the spot on the tracker on the right.  It will show you how many of what levels you need for the badges.    

IO Mem Tracker v. 1.09.xlsm 1.37 MB · 0 downloads

Just FYI 🙂

Screenshot 2024-05-22 155221.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

But I have to ask, are you trying to get a certain title or the portable work bench?

I'm Badge hunting, trying to get all the Inventions badges. 

You are correct that I already knew about the table. Also, thank you for the tip on buying the workbench at the vendor. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you all for the help, I was wrong and the badges are working properly. There was nothing in the game that told me you needed to craft IO from the two ranges in order to get the badges.

4 minutes ago, Orochi said:

There was nothing in the game that told me you needed to craft IO from the two ranges in order to get the badges.

screenshot_240522-19-39-25.thumb.jpg.cb01695b652fd04a71c49c51c7e03ef5.jpg

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

6 minutes ago, Orochi said:

Thank you all for the help, I was wrong and the badges are working properly. There was nothing in the game that told me you needed to craft IO from the two ranges in order to get the badges.

It is in the badge progress bar text. Where it says make level X and Y IOs to get the badge. Otherwise it would have been make level X or Y IOs to get the badge.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Orochi said:

There was nothing in the game that told me you needed to craft IO from the two ranges in order to get the badges.

There sort of is, but it relies on ultra-precise parsing of grammar and could be way more clear than it is. The fact that it says "level X and level Y" tells you that you need to craft badges of both levels, not one or the other. (The fact that it says "of A type or B type", conversely, tells you that either (or any, in the case of multiple types) will work.) 

• Thumbs Up 1