Indomitable Badge Runs

Posted (edited)

Indom Badgers!

I will be leading announced badge runs on Indomitable for participants to acquire badges which are harder to come by in normal gameplay. I will post in advanced the dates and badges which will be sought in this thread so that players can pick the characters they want for those badges. 

I will provide a post each month that will show the forthcoming badge(s) runs for folks to sign up for (much like the Theme Team does during their weekly event) by replying in this thread with their global handle and character name. At this time, my schedule does not allow me to do these weekly, so I will be posting dates in advanced instead to accommodate.

Details:

1. Badge runs will begin on either Saturday or Sunday at [1100 PST / 1200 MST / 1300 CST / 1400 EST]
  2. No Incarnate Trial or "Master of" content will be ran for these events (this is in order to ensure a reasonable time constraint for all participants)
  3. No speed runs (this is to ensure players get to experience all of the hidden secrets and spoilers without feeling rushed)
  4. First come basis for sign up (this is to ensure fairness and event manageability)
  5. No AT/Powerset combos restrictions (anyone can bring any character, as long as they can meet the badge requirements!)

Subsequent posts will contain the next month's worth of badge runs and then I will continue to post upcoming runs on a monthly basis. If these badge runs prove successful, I will continue them throughout the year. Have fun and thanks for joining us!

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 5

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Posted (edited)

Hey Indom badgers! Here are our badge runs for the month of June!

This month has a PvP badge flavor, so if those are ones you need, please feel free to sign up with your global and character. Remember, these badge runs will start on [1100 PST / 1200 MST / 1300 CST / 1400 EST] for the dates listed below. I am also taking suggestions for badge runs for the month of July. Feel free to comment on any particular badges you want to acquire.

Saturday, June 1stAdvanced Mode Lady Grey Task Force: This badge run will consist of running the Lady Gray Task Force at the 1-Star difficulty level (Malicious) in order to acquire the two new badges and explore the upcoming [spoilers] and hidden Easter eggs (both in the Rikti War Zone and in the Task Force). This task force has new enemy mechanics and a unique enemy spawn not found anywhere else in the game. Defeats will be likely and we will be going at a leisurely pace, so expect it to take 1-2 hours. We will meet at Lady Grey, I'll be there 15 minutes early to start inviting peopleIn this mode, we will want to defeat any Rikti Scientists we see as soon as possible!

Badges:

• Badge Apocalyptic: Badge awarded for completion of Lady Grey Task Force
  • Badge Zookeeper Omega: Defeat K'ong in the Advanced Mode of The Lady Grey Task Force
  • Badge Doesn't Look At Explosions: Complete the Advanced Mode of The Lady Grey Task Force, and escape the Rikti space station

Sign-Up for Saturday, June 1st - Advanced Mode Lady Grey Task Force:

1. @Glacier Peak Glacier Peak - Ice/Cold Corruptor
  2. @ZorkNemesis Weald Warden - Archery/Plant Blaster
  3. @Bananiac Bananiac (Plant/Rad Controller)
  4. @Cece Princess Cecilia - elec/elec blaster.
  5. @FrauleinMental Fraulein Mental - Mind/Kin Controller
  6. @Milrop Sequestered - Willpower/Super Strength Tanker
  7. @Midnyte Midnyte - DM/WP Brute

Saturday, June 8th - PvP Badges Week 1: This badge run will consist of acquiring the Recluse's Victory Archvillain-defeat badges. We will meet inside the Hero base in Recluse's Victory, I'll be there 15 minutes early to start inviting people. These AV spawns are random and we will sometimes get the same ones many times in a row, so patience is key! 

Badges: Players will need to be Hero/Vigilante alignment for these.

• File:Badge defeatrecluse.png Arachnophobic: Defeat Lord Recluse in Recluse's Victory
  • Thumbnail for version as of 00:11, 8 May 2020 Wrangler: You have helped defeat Black Scorpion in Recluse's Victory
  • File:Badge defeatghostwidow.png Poltergeist: You have helped defeat Ghost Widow in Recluse's Victory
  • File:Badge defeatscirocco.png Sandblasted: You have helped defeat Scirocco in Recluse's Victory
  • File:Badge defeatmako.png Shark Hunter: You have helped defeat Captain Mako in Recluse's Victory
  • File:Badge defeatrecluse.png Justiciar: Defeat Lord Recluse, Ghost Widow, Captain Mako, Black Scorpion, and Scirocco in Recluse's Victory

Sign-Up for Saturday, June 8th - PvP Badges Week 1:

2. @Cece Casualty of War - fire/energy dominator
  3. @Bananiac Mr O'Hallows (Fire/Nature Controller)
  4. @Burnt Umber Commenticia - Illusion/Forcefields Controller

Saturday, June 15th - PvP Badges Week 2: This badge run will consist of acquiring the Recluse's Victory Hero-defeat badges. We will meet inside the Villain base in Recluse's Victory, I'll be there 15 minutes early to start inviting people. These Hero spawns are random and we will sometimes get the same ones many times in a row, so patience is key!

Badges: Players will need to be Villain/Rogue alignment for these.

• File:Badge defeatstatesman.png Oppressor: You have helped defeat Ms. Liberty in Recluse's Victory
  • File:Badge defeatbrawler.png Uppercut: You have helped defeat Back Alley Brawler in Recluse's Victory
  • File:Badge defeatpsyche.png Interrogator: You have helped defeat Penelope Yin in Recluse's Victory
  • File:Badge defeatpositron.png Destroyer: You have helped defeat Positron in Recluse's Victory
  • File:Badge defeatmanticore.png Dead-eye: You have helped defeat Manticore in Recluse's Victory
  • File:Badge defeatsynapse.png Breakneck: You have helped defeat Synapse in Recluse's Victory
  • File:Badge defeatstatesman.png Blackguard: Defeat Ms. Liberty, Manticore, Back Alley Brawler, Positron, Synapse, and Penelope Yin in Recluse's Victory

Sign-Up for Saturday, June 15th - PvP Badges Week 2:

2.  @ZorkNemesis Weald Warden - Archery/Plant Blaster
  3. @Cece Casualty of War - fire/energy dominator
  4. @Midnyte Eternal Midnight - Energy/Electric Brute
  5. @Burnt Umber Hostia Usta - Fire/Dark Cor

----------ONE WEEK BREAK DUE TO SCHEDULE----------

Sunday, June 30th - PvP Badges Week 3: The Arena badges are next for the final PvP week! Tournament Victor and Pentad Victor take the most time, so we will be doing these first and once everyone has those two, we will proceed to the other three Arena badges. If you want to switch badgers after each attempt, you are more than welcome as needed. We will meet inside the Pocket D Arena area, I'll be there 15 minutes early to start inviting people. ***I'm locking the player count at 8 for this run to ensure I can respect the two hour time estimate for players who sign up.*** 

• Thumbnail for version as of 00:22, 8 May 2020 Arena Victor: Win any rated or unrated match in the Arena
  • Thumbnail for version as of 23:54, 7 May 2020 Arena Duelist: Win a rated or unrated Duel match in the Arena
  • Thumbnail for version as of 00:31, 8 May 2020 Tournament Victor: Win a rated or unrated Swiss Draw match in the Arena
  • Thumbnail for version as of 00:01, 8 May 2020 Arena Survivalist: Win a rated or unrated Battle Royale match in the Arena
  • Thumbnail for version as of 00:08, 8 May 2020 Pentad Victor: Win a rated or unrated Pentad or Septad match in the Arena
  • File:Badge arena AllStar 5.png Arena All-Star: You've earned the Arena All-Star badge by winning all of the above types of Arena matches

Sign-Up for Sunday, June 30th - PvP Badges Week 3:

2. @FrauleinMental Fraulein Mental - Mind/Kin Controller
  3. @Burnt Umber Nox Atrissima - Widow/Fortunata
  4. @Midnyte Midnyte - Dark Melee/Willpower Brute
  5. @Bananiac Character and AT unknown
  6.  @DethMonger @BruceWee- Bruce Wee - Martial Arts/Regeneration Scrapper
  7. @Crossbones "Silver Sun" AT unknown
Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I know the level range of Recluse's Victory has changed from what it was on Live.  What would be needed if you were joining to two RV events?  Weirdly enough, I was more used to exploring Warburg than RV on Live.

For future badge runs, perhaps something involving Drowning in Blood?  Death From Below gets run all the time but you never hear about DiB.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ZamuelNow said:

I know the level range of Recluse's Victory has changed from what it was on Live.  What would be needed if you were joining to two RV events?  Weirdly enough, I was more used to exploring Warburg than RV on Live.

For future badge runs, perhaps something involving Drowning in Blood?  Death From Below gets run all the time but you never hear about DiB.

Recluse's Victory has no minimum level requirement. You are welcome to bring whichever character you desire for the badges identified and they will be auto-sidekicked up to Level 50.

I appreciate your suggestion! My goal with these badge runs are to acquire the badges which generally are more difficult to get either due to fewer players on the server or because they aren't often ran content-wise. Drowning in Blood can be soloed with minimal effort, just like Death from Below, so I won't be doing them as part of the Indom Badge Runs.

Thank you!

Pocket D Zone Tour

Posted (edited)

If I can remember to be awake, i'll come along for at least the Lady Grey and Redside RV runs, assuming you can make use of Weald Warden, my Archery/Plant Blaster.  I imagine 1☆ LGTF isn't so difficult that you'd want a cookie cutter setup and I need RV pillboxes as well; those are a massive pain even dualboxing.

As for future suggestions, aside from Master of TFs, there's of course hard mode Aeon and Imperious, never see shouts for those on indom.  Maybe there could also be organized hunts of real rough defeat badges, like Cimeroran Monsters (for those of us who don't just spam ITFs, they're a huge pain to fight on the cliffs) or something else.

EDIT: Another idea is Worthy Opponent, the old LRSF with Enhancement set bonuses disabled so it's like running it in the I7-I8 days.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
Worthy Opponent
  • Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ZorkNemesis said:

If I can remember to be awake, i'll come along for at least the Lady Grey and Redside RV runs, assuming you can make use of Weald Warden, my Archery/Plant Blaster.  I imagine 1☆ LGTF isn't so difficult that you'd want a cookie cutter setup and I need RV pillboxes as well; those are a massive pain even dualboxing.

As for future suggestions, aside from Master of TFs, there's of course hard mode Aeon and Imperious, never see shouts for those on indom.  Maybe there could also be organized hunts of real rough defeat badges, like Cimeroran Monsters (for those of us who don't just spam ITFs, they're a huge pain to fight on the cliffs) or something else.

Happy to have you join us for the Lady Grey Task Force and Redside Hero Defeat PvP Badges - I'm assuming your global is @ZorkNemesis? nevermind, I see it in your signature (I usually read the forums on my phone).

I would like to do Aeon and Imperious 1-star runs in the future, however, I am still learning the content and I don't want to waste anyone's time with my learning curve. Perhaps in a month (July) I will be familiar enough though! I can definitely see doing some Defeat badges, especially the Minotaur/Cyclops in Cimerora - great suggestion.

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Hey @Glacier Peak, this sounds fun and I think this could work for me timewise. I try to be there next saturday for the 1-star Lady Grey with Bananiac (Plant/Rad Controller).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

For Lady Grey, Cece would like to bring Princess Cecilia - elec/elec blaster.

For the Hero RV and Villain RV, she would like to bring Casualty of War - fire/energy dominator.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for everyone signing up for the LGTF 1-star badge run. I'll see you all in game in a few hours!

There is one spot remaining if anyone has any friends that want to join us. Otherwise, I think we'll be fine. I've soloed this at 1-star on my main, we just need to defeat those pesky Rikti Scientists in each mob before they spawn a portal and we'll be fine. I will be giving folks a tour of the hidden easter eggs before we begin (and in the last mission) so they get the full experience.

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

On 5/25/2024 at 4:42 PM, Glacier Peak said:

Saturday, June 1stAdvanced Mode Lady Grey Task Force: This badge run will consist of running the Lady Gray Task Force at the 1-Star difficulty level (Malicious) in order to acquire the two new badges and explore the upcoming [spoilers] and hidden Easter eggs (both in the Rikti War Zone and in the Task Force).

Hey Glacier, I rearranged my day and am able to join after all. I'll bring Midnyte - DM/WP Brute

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Excellent work on the first Indom Badge Run! Everyone got the badges and with seconds to spare!

Big shout out to @FrauleinMental for the badge saving teleports at the end of the last mission and @ZorkNemesis for making sure I was headed in the right direction. Sorry for spawning Honoree before we were set 🙂

image.png.8c2f81202e940ca761344d1028954f01.pngimage.png.5a3291844b4fc191a499d0f0cd676c4c.png

I'll see everyone who signs up next week when we start the PvP badges.

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Excellent work on the first Indom Badge Run! Everyone got the badges and with seconds to spare!

Big shout out to @FrauleinMental for the badge saving teleports at the end of the last mission and @ZorkNemesis for making sure I was headed in the right direction. Sorry for spawning Honoree before we were set 🙂

Gotta admit, I was crazy confused by that point! I saved all your excellent instructions in my notes, to study up for next time. 😉 I really love it that you're running these in this structured way. Can't wait for the PvP runs!

Edit: (P.S. This is my new favorite phrase... "badge-saving teleports"...... 😆   thanks Fraulein!)

Edited by Midnyte
to add my edit :O
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Midnyte said:

Gotta admit, I was crazy confused by that point! I saved all your excellent instructions in my notes, to study up for next time. 😉 I really love it that you're  running these in this structured way. Can't wait for the PvP runs!

Thanks! It's a very chaotic final mission and it's a big map. I might try to change my instructions to give folks less bloat and more what's important at the moment. I think it went well though - I'm glad I changed the difficulty in the beginning.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Thanks! It's a very chaotic final mission and it's a big map. I might try to change my instructions to give folks less bloat and more what's important at the moment. I think it went well though - I'm glad I changed the difficulty in the beginning.

The "bloat" is great info 😛 but yeah, hard to read on the spot and make it stick in your brain. I did copy/paste it into my spreadsheet notes for reference though. But what I found most helpful? Your one-liners during combat. "Monkeys!" "Honoree!", etc..... "Yellow Monkeys!"...... 😆🤣

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 1

I am also taking suggestions for badge runs for the month of July. Feel free to comment on any particular badges you want to acquire.

Here is something I would love help with! Lawrence Harkin's No One Left Behind badge. I currently have at least 5 characters with this mission queued! I attempt it sometimes but then log out when I see I won't rescue all 12 cops in time. I'm thinking all the advice is right and maybe being on a team is best, to divide up between the floors. I do use the Find macro, so I think my issue is just getting stressed out at the (very short) timer. Maybe if you or someone knows a good strategy to do it on a team, we could run it 5 times that day!

2 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

Here is something I would love help with! Lawrence Harkin's No One Left Behind badge. I currently have at least 5 characters with this mission queued! I attempt it sometimes but then log out when I see I won't rescue all 12 cops in time. I'm thinking all the advice is right and maybe being on a team is best, to divide up between the floors. I do use the Find macro, so I think my issue is just getting stressed out at the (very short) timer. Maybe if you or someone knows a good strategy to do it on a team, we could run it 5 times that day!

That one took me many times solo, I will add that to the list of future runs and tag you when I figure out what day to run it. 

• Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Saturday, June 8th - PvP Badges Week 1: This badge run will consist of acquiring the Recluse's Victory Archvillain-defeat badges. We will meet inside the Hero base in Recluse's Victory, I'll be there 15 minutes early to start inviting people. These AV spawns are random and we will sometimes get the same ones many times in a row, so patience is key! 

Saturday, June 15th - PvP Badges Week 2: This badge run will consist of acquiring the Recluse's Victory Hero-defeat badges. We will meet inside the Villain base in Recluse's Victory, I'll be there 15 minutes early to start inviting people. These Hero spawns are random and we will sometimes get the same ones many times in a row, so patience is key!

For both of these I'd like to join with Eternal Midnight - Energy/Electric Brute

So far, only Midnyte has these 13 badges, that we got all in one day from your run a couple of years ago for us. This'll be great fun! (just looked it up, it was Oct 3, 2021! 😄)

• Like 1

These look great! Thanks for organizing this.  I'll try to sign-up and be there.

I'll bring Commenticia - Illusion/Forcefields Controller

I'll bring Hostia Usta - Fire/Dark Corr.

Saturday, June 29th - PvP Badges Week 3: The Arena badges are next for the final PvP week! Tournament Victor and Pentad Victor take the most time, so we will be doing these first and once everyone has those two, we will proceed to the other three Arena badges. If you want to switch badgers after each attempt, you are more than welcome as needed. We will meet inside the Pocket D Arena area, I'll be there 15 minutes early to start inviting people.

I'll bring Nox Atrissima - Widow/Fortunata

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/1/2024 at 10:09 AM, Glacier Peak said:

There is one spot remaining if anyone has any friends that want to join us. Otherwise, I think we'll be fine. I've soloed this at 1-star on my main, we just need to defeat those pesky Rikti Scientists in each mob before they spawn a portal and we'll be fine. I will be giving folks a tour of the hidden easter eggs before we begin (and in the last mission) so they get the full experience.

Hey Glacier, I am not able to make it after all. Sooooo disappointed to miss it, but my family (unexpectedly!) needs me for something that day. 😭 So, free up my slot.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/25/2024 at 10:42 PM, Glacier Peak said:

Hi Glacier, I like to come with Mr O'Hallows (Fire/Nature Controller). That Poltergeist badge is just too good to pass up on 🙂 

We will be running the 1-Star Dr Aeon before, so hope that we will be finished by then...

• Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Posted (edited)

Thanks for everyone signing up for Saturday, June 8th PvP Badges Week 1. I'll see you all in game in tomorrow. We will meet inside the Hero base in Recluse's Victory, I'll be there 15 minutes early to start inviting people.

There are plenty of spots remaining if anyone has any friends that want to join us. Otherwise, I think we'll be fine. Folks can also switch out their characters if they desire for specific badges as needed. This will be more relaxed than our LGTF run last week. 

@Glacier Peak Glacier Peak - Ice/Cold Corruptor

@Cece Casualty of War - fire/energy dominator

@Bananiac Mr O'Hallows (Fire/Nature Controller)

@Burnt Umber Commenticia - Illusion/Forcefields Controller

I'll see everyone tomorrow for some PvP Badges! 

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bananiac said:

Still busy with Dr Aeon, I am afraid

Good copy, I'll be here when you all finish.

Edit: Successful event! Thank you all who joined our first PvP badge hunt week. Plus some extra PvP badges in the process!

I'll see folks next week when get defeat those Heroes!

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour