Add Incandescence Teleport Max Distance to power descriptions?

TL;DR Would it be unreasonable or difficult to simply add a Max Teleport Distance: ## feet to each of the power descriptions for Incan? It's a key feature of the power, and my hope is that it's as simple as adding some text, but this would be really helpful. It would be a simple indicator of a tier difference without rewriting the entire description.

I discovered a couple of months ago that the Incandescence powers all have different max TP ranges, but that is not noted anywhere in the power description nor the power details, that I could see. And there are scenarios in which that incan TP range is surprisingly consequential in some endgame content.

I've been working on a single-run MoKeyes strategy that utilizes a tight grouping of the league and using 6-8 Incans to move the league between two pre-determined waypoints. There is only a 4-second window of time in which you can move out of the Obliteration beam target (from 0:29-0:25 on the Obliteration Beam timer). The idea was that without having to leave the group, my incanners can literally just aim at the next waypoint and fire at 0:29 on the timer. But the green circle is big, so the waypoints are pretty far apart.

So, I would recruit some people to use incan specifically, and then I would be confused as to why I would see someone run out from the group to fire theirs off, and many times this would mean they have to leave early, or if they are the one Disintegrating, they are now missing heals at what could be a critical moment. I couldn't figure it out until I happened to play on a toon that had T3 Radial and discovered the range was virtually nothing compared to Core.

I hopped on the test server to make all of the T3/T4 incans and tested each to compare, and I believe T1 and T2 Incans are all the same 50 ft. radius, but the differences between T3s and upgrading to T4, as well, are pretty massive, but are not communicated to the player in any way. Prior to this, I could not figure out why it would even be worth upgrading to T4 incan because the power descriptions don't actually indicate any difference from T3 to T4, unlike with the other Destiny Incarnate powers which indicate both a longer effect duration and a wider radius.

I would love for the Max TP Distance to be added to the power descriptions for each tier of Incandescence. It would highlight a key difference between tiers and powers without needing any nerfs, description rewrites or anything. 

I guess the one problem would be players misunderstanding that to mean they can only incan their team that far (like team teleport, for example), not realizing that it actually means that's how far the teleport reticle can be aimed, but even with that misunderstanding, people would still end up choosing the highest range they can, even if they think the power itself is worse than it is lol.

Honestly, my fear in suggesting this is all the ranges get somehow nerfed instead, so I'm I'm being selfish in begging for that not to be the outcome of this suggestion. The Incan tactic I described for Keyes is how I help my league win in a situation where literally any one person on a full league just rubberbanding a little can cost the whole league 1-2 badges, whereas the incan approach for MoKeyes lowers that risk substantially since now only one player has to do anything to keep everyone safe. Lowering the effective range of the higher distance incans would also hurt some hardmode tactics too, so I would hate to see the ranged decreased if any changes would be made. 

Incan_Distance_Comparison.png

OH!  You mean distance to place the reticle!  ....I was reading your post and thinking you were crazy because the max range of Incan for all Tiers is Zone wide - you can "pull" your group from anywhere in the zone / instance.  But I see now, that you mean the distance of placing the reticle PRIOR to firing it off and pulling everyone.  🙂  

Heh, i never knew they had different distances for being able to place the reticle.  Yeah, adding in some text so that we know that range would be nice.

• Thumbs Up 2

The last time I was on a MoKeyes, which I admit was a very, very, very long time ago (edit: back on Live), the league leader had 4 with incan' and they were assigned positions in a rotation. And when it was time, the target player would just incan' everyone to them. That said, I'm not opposed to the OP, though I would recommend the distances be listed as max target location distance rather than max distance to differentiate between how far away you can place the reticle as opposed to the teleport distance.

Edited by Rudra

Just checked CoD and I don't see that information anywhere. Nor do I see it listed for any other teleport power with both an entrance target and an exit target (Wormhole, Teleport Target). Must be buried deep in the spaghetti. 

On 6/22/2024 at 8:24 AM, Uun said:

Just checked CoD and I don't see that information anywhere. Nor do I see it listed for any other teleport power with both an entrance target and an exit target (Wormhole, Teleport Target). Must be buried deep in the spaghetti. 

Click the little checkbox in the upper left corner that shows the info as code. The range for the reticle is listed under range_secondary.

• Thanks 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield | Wild Instincts | Crystallization
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

I remember reading Probability Distortion a few months back and thinking it was the best player proposed set I'd ever seen. - Arbiter Hawk 💚

On 6/22/2024 at 1:16 PM, Laucianna said:

Great idea but I think this would add far too much power creep into the game, because after all: Knowledge is power ❤️

I'm just tryna be more OP. This game is too hard 😞

• Thumbs Left 1