The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

yllly

Greetings dear forum users! I'm a relatively new user and I have a lot of questions, but let's focus on one of them! Brutes past. Tanks rule, as I understand it, but which archetypes are relevant? I really like Shield, Stone and Bio for example, is any of this suitable in 2024?

Thank you! I really hope for your participation and forbearance on my stupid questions! 🙂

Yes, and I also found an interesting picture, is it really true?

meleeTable.PNG.96908f839c9ffdcf4d6fdcc3ab8da62e.png

• Like 1

Five year old but unused account with just a couple of posts suddenly reappears and asks a question guaranteed to start some serious forum flamage.

Yeah, this clearly isn't a long time player using an alt account to troll the forums and lure the mods into another banhammer fest. You know, like what we've been experiencing every other week for the last couple of months.

I recommend just not taking the bait and not replying at all.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, yllly said:

Yes, that really is a true picture of a graph, made by a player, who tested the power sets using his own set of rules, and those are his conclusions.  Someone else running different builds or under different rules might come to different conclusions, but it's a nice baseline to look at anyway.

Note:  Also, things change over time.  The devs tinker with powersets from time to time and improve somethings and nerf others.  I forget when that was made.

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes, I once tried to play and said it honestly, what’s wrong with that? And now it’s interesting how everything has changed here. And to you, dear guardians, I wish you to be a little kinder to others.
It's a pity this world lacks compassion! But we don’t have enough because we think only about ourselves!

Posted (edited)

Once in your life you trying to ask something on a forum and immediately get slop in the face

Moreover, English is not your native language and it’s not easy for you to write here, ask, ask questions.. I understand that you are not doing this out of malice...

I won’t be distracted by those who want to laugh and ask the same question again - Bio Shield or Stone? Or is all this long in the past?
Pardon for my clumsy English, I'm more used to speaking enemy languages 😉

Edited by yllly
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, yllly said:

which archetypes are relevant? I really like Shield, Stone and Bio for example, is any of this suitable in 2024?

Any archetype, primary powerset, and secondary secondary powerset is relevant if you want if fits your character conception.

It doesn't make any difference what year it is or what "side" you play on.

if you just want to make some cookie-cutter, mini-maxed clone so you can be OP, search the forums.

But, I'm going to tell you from the get go, if that is what you are looking for ... you picked the wrong game.

Sure you can do that. Sure some people have fun doing that.

But the game isn't about that. It's about playing the kind of superheroes you want to play and exploring what the game has to offer.

I also don't condone simply getting power-leveled to 50.

If you are a fan of comic books/graphic novels/superheroes then you probably have an idea of the kind of heroes that you would like to play.

Make them ... all of them. Play them and figure out what you like best. Jump back and forth between them. Play the one that fits your mood ... or make a new one to match your mood.

This game is loaded with customization.

Obviously my advice is don't worry about being uber or L337. Just play the game and enjoy what it is with the kind of superhero/villain/whatever character that you want to explore being in the game world. Make a bunch of costumes. Fiddle with the power customization. The possibilities are massive. 

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

37 minutes ago, yllly said:

enemy languages

What enemy language is that?
Do you consider yourself to be our enemy?

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

15 hours ago, yllly said:

Greetings dear forum users! I'm a relatively new user and I have a lot of questions, but let's focus on one of them! Brutes past. Tanks rule, as I understand it, but which archetypes are relevant? I really like Shield, Stone and Bio for example, is any of this suitable in 2024?

Thank you! I really hope for your participation and forbearance on my stupid questions! 🙂

meleeTable.PNG.96908f839c9ffdcf4d6fdcc3ab8da62e.png

Tankers, Brutes and Scrappers are all good 2024. Scrappers are damage and Tankers are Tanks with Brutes somewhere in the middle.

Shield, Stone and Bio are all suitable as of 2024 for any of the AT's above.

I wouldn't see too much into that graph. 

Maybe try each out a little or build on a theme etc but do have fun with what ever you choose. 🙂

Out of the three I like Stone the most as it has the defenses of Shield but more perks like recharge, a damage aura, and endurance recovery. But lets preface this by saying saying the following is partly subjective and not based on actual tests but just from playing all three sets.

In terms of survival Stone and Shield should survive better as they have softcapped defenses and then pretty good all around resistances. Bio lags behind on content with debuffs as it can only depend on its absorb shield in those moments. Shield can also stack defense debuff resistance which is a debuff that can kill characters easily. But Shield has no heal. So Shield has a slight edge here but I'd be in favour of Stone since it has regeneration on top of Shield level defenses and strong resistances (my builds reach 81%). Bio will survive just fine against content that has no debuffs but has poor resistances to anything not smash/lethal damage so any content that lowers defenses while also doing damage types not S/L can easily tear it apart.

In terms of damage Shield has better burst with Shield Charge making a good battle opener and its +damage aura plays well with the first seconds of combat being bursty. The more enemies around the more damage a Shield character will do, but it does lack an actual damage aura for chip damage. For more sustained damage then Bio edges ahead with a combination of actual damage aura, then +25% damage from Adaptation, and the cherry on top being the -res from Evolving Armor. Stone has a damage aura and Brimstone for a little bit more damage which is actually pretty decent. So Bio for ST damage, Shield for burst, Stone for sustained damage.

For utility Shield lags last as it has no means of recovering health or endurance but at least endurance can be worked around and as for health, well, there are always inspirations. Bio shines here as it has endurance recovery that doubles as a heal and an absorb shield that grants regeneration. But in my opinion the star goes for Stone that has baked in +recharge, +recovery, +regen, and +max HP (reaches the HP cap). It mocks content that Bio would crumble under and outsurvives Shield by regenerating the few hits that comes through while Shield lacks such and can be chipped down to death. It is also near completely passive with only the max HP buff having to be clicked when HP dips a bit (Shield also near passive other than Shield Charge at the start of a fight) where Bio will require more clicks to hit their survival tools.

In practice all three armors are viable both for soloing and teaming (especially teaming) so it's a matter of taste. Teaming in particular makes everything easy with mobs being defeated faster to having less time to hurt back and there are always buffs.

If you're interested in trying Stone Armor I have the (near) immortal build in my signature.

• Like 1

I don’t consider myself anyone’s enemy in any way.
I am a man of peace! It's just that some people get angry at my clumsy English.
I am sincerely grateful for the answer of the noble gentlemen!
I just didn’t tell you why this topic arose!
And so: I almost pumped up the Shield/Fire of the Tank and one gentleman wrote to me in a personal message, saying why are you doing this, because this is a sea of pain. Pump better Stone, it’s more relevant!
In no case did I want to start trolling here. But isn't the forum meant to help newbies? And although I once tried to start playing, it was a very long time ago and everything has changed from head to toe! I didn’t want to offend or offend anyone here!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, yllly said:

But isn't the forum meant to help newbies?

Yes. The forums are here to help and so is the /help channel.

Some people are less likely to try to deal with - as you say - clumsy translation.

I would suggest that  you post in your own language as well as your translation.

Some of us may know your language or will find a way to translate. Then we can compare your translation to our translation to getter a better idea of what you mean.

I really don't care what language you speak. In the end, we both are speaking "gamer".

And although I once tried to start playing, it was a very long time ago and everything has changed from head to toe!

Yes. There has been a large number of changes.

I didn’t want to offend or offend anyone here!

Honestly, I'm more likely not to respond to those with low post counts, but it looked like you were new and I think steering people to what is thought to be overpowered is not a good idea. It was for that reason I expressed my views.

UltraAlt  thank you very much and bow!

My main language is russian and im just trying to talk, to learn English

By the way, by playing here I improve my English skill, it’s very cool! Thanks everyone for the answers, Well, I'm trying the Stone! 🙂✌️ Спасибо!

• Thumbs Up 1

All of the sets in which you've expressed interest are very solid and I think you'll enjoy any of them. Of the 3 I'd lean towards Shield but I have very serious Teleport Nuke addiction! (I'm seeking help...) Rad armor is also fantastic if you want to try something outside of those 3.

Edited by mistagoat
word

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *MiHami Heat-Fire/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

On 6/26/2024 at 11:48 AM, yllly said:

My main language is russian and im just trying to talk, to learn English

Рад видеть тебя в ГОРОДЕ, друг мой! (I hope Google translated that correctly!)

THE CITY used to be much more international and I hope it returns to be that way.

It is great to be able to game with people around the world.

15 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Рад видеть тебя в ГОРОДЕ, друг мой! (I hope Google translated that correctly!)

THE CITY used to be much more international and I hope it returns to be that way.

It is great to be able to game with people around the world.

Thank you! And I also enjoy communicating with friends on the other side of the world! 🙏

• Thumbs Up 1