The Shadow Out Of Time Badge File Name?

Mac B

I am trying to make a macro using the badge image for The Shadow Out of Time Badge that is awarded from Sister Valeria Story Arc Completion.

Usually, one can use the file name from the Homecoming wiki associated to the badge. However, I seem to not be able to get that to work (Mission_Valeria_Complete according to the wiki) so I am wondering if anyone has the ability to get the real file name the game uses?

Can you share this process so others can do it for themselves?

Can anyone with the appropriate knowledge and drive update the wiki?

Bueler?

Thanks for your time and effort!

Additionally, if you're a wizard of this ilk... do you have the magic abilities to use IO images in macros?? I'm specifically looking to utilize the Ragnarok IO set image.

Again, thanks for your time and effort.

2 hours ago, Mac B said:

Additionally, if you're a wizard of this ilk... do you have the magic abilities to use IO images in macros?? I'm specifically looking to utilize the Ragnarok IO set image.

Again, thanks for your time and effort.

Take a gander here, might find what you need:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Macro_image_(Slash_Command)

12 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Take a gander here, might find what you need:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Macro_image_(Slash_Command)

That list is actually really incomplete as it doesn't refer to a single badge image for a macro.

/macro_image Badge_i27_defeat_ravenna "TGT: Nictus Host" targetcustomnext alive "Hostless Nictus Essence"

This macro uses a very new badge image as an example of what I'm talking about. Sadly, there isn't a place with all the images and their names, since that list (I believe it might be the most complete, but it isn't everything available.) doesn't contain any badges.

I am sure the function would also work on other images so long as we knew the names to the images. Hence, my asking about the IO images. Really, this means having someone that is at least somewhat versed in diving around the .pigg files to find these names and correlate them to the appropriate images. 

I've tried looking into some of the .pigg files, but I'm not sure that everything is contained in the same locations. The badge files I found didn't seem to have any i27 badges in them, but using the Homecoming wiki, I can find some of those badge names, while the wiki isn't correct with other names.

5 minutes ago, Mac B said:

That list is actually really incomplete as it doesn't refer to a single badge image for a macro.

/macro_image Badge_i27_defeat_ravenna "TGT: Nictus Host" targetcustomnext alive "Hostless Nictus Essence"

This macro uses a very new badge image as an example of what I'm talking about. Sadly, there isn't a place with all the images and their names, since that list (I believe it might be the most complete, but it isn't everything available.) doesn't contain any badges.

I am sure the function would also work on other images so long as we knew the names to the images. Hence, my asking about the IO images. Really, this means having someone that is at least somewhat versed in diving around the .pigg files to find these names and correlate them to the appropriate images. 

I've tried looking into some of the .pigg files, but I'm not sure that everything is contained in the same locations. The badge files I found didn't seem to have any i27 badges in them, but using the Homecoming wiki, I can find some of those badge names, while the wiki isn't correct with other names.

Yeah, that's about as much as I could find. 

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Settitle_(Slash_Command)/listing

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Yeah, that's about as much as I could find. 

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Settitle_(Slash_Command)/listing

Thanks for the second attempt... That list doesn't seem to directly correlate to the badge names in the game.

As an example, the macro I just gave above for the defeat of ravenna has a prefix of badgei27. It is referred to in the list right next to a badge name in question for The Shadow Out Of Time. Using a similar suffix or trying many "logical" permutations of the names I don't get a macro with the appropriate image, but one that has the error image. I also try to incorporate aspects of the name for the file from the wiki, just in case there is partial correct information is both instances. Nothing seems to work with that file name.

Edited by Mac B
suffix -> prefix

12 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Looking at CoD, the icon name for Ragnarok is:

image.png.bbca2183321023299b4e97d59526a214.png

e_icon_ragnarok

So if that's the true name in the game, try:

/macro_image e_icon_ragnarok "Text" targetcustomnext alive "Babbage"

I just tried this one and it works! So you were able to find the appropriate ingame name for that and it works like a dream! Thanks for your efforts!

Now that pesky "The Shadow Out Of Time" badge image name

Btw, this is also further validation that the macro_image list is even more woefully incomplete... Badge Images as well as IO Images... what other images could one use? are there images for contacts in the drop down... bet those work too

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Mac B said:

I just tried this one and it works! So you were able to find the appropriate ingame name for that and it works like a dream! Thanks for your efforts!

Now that pesky "The Shadow Out Of Time" badge image name

No problem. I used the City of Data website, then click the boost set group and hovered over the image to see the name of the file. It may or may not work for all IO sets, if you're looking for other images.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/boostset.html

Apparently, you scroll thru the patch notes and hover over to find the image name is: badge_i27_arc_valeria.png

So /macroimage badge_i27_arc_valeria.png "Text" "Command"

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Mac B -

Thanks to @lemming for the assist. If you are seeking other badge images internal names, take a look at the old City Info Tracker page. Won't have the newer badges, but if you select a particular badge and scroll to the bottom of the page, it will display the Internal Name of the badge which you can use for the macro image. You don't need to add the .png either.

Or this community tool can be used to search the Internal Name as well by searching the .mnu file. 

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lemming said:

Apparently, you scroll thru the patch notes and hover over to find the image name is: badge_i27_arc_valeria.png

So /macroimage badge_i27_arc_valeria.png "Text" "Command"

Thanks for finding this! It is deceptively difficult to find!

I have found one other deceptively difficult image to find the "Special Titan Enhancement" icon. It appears to be the same for all of them and also has a lovely crystal image in it.

We are at least becoming highly adept at making custom macros.

Again, Thanks for your time and effort in this endeavor!

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Mac B said:

macro_image list is even more woefully incomplete

The macro_image wiki page is far from "woefully incomplete", as I personally put considerable effort into making sure it stays updated. It doesn't currently include badge or IO icons because they are oversized for the power icon trays. Normal power icons are 32x32 pixels, whereas badge icons are 48x48 (not counting the rectangular ones which can be much bigger) and IO icons are 64x64 although they include some transparent buffer space and can essentially be treated as 48x48 for macro_image purposes. Certainly one can use oversize icons if one wishes, but when updating that page I didn't intend it to be an exhaustive list of every possible icon one could use with the macro_image command. Rather, I included the rather extensive library of power and other icons that fit naturally in the 32x32 power tray space.

However, there was some discussion of a similar topic on the HC Discord a few months back, and at that time I more or less agreed to build a companion page to the macro_image wiki page (because the current page already has a ton of icons and adding many more will make it even slower to load) to host images and names for oversized icon images for those folks that might want to use those. The wiki has been locked for a while, so that idea is just sitting on a back burner for now.

Getting the icon names for badges and IO sets is a fairly trivial task for me, and should be easy for anyone with access to a pigg viewer. I don't have access to the piggs at the moment and am going off somewhat rusty memory but icons for badges and enhancements can be found in the piggs as noted below:

Badges: texture_library\GUI\Icons\Badges
Enhancements: texture_library\GUI\Icons\Enhancements

Look in the issue24 assets folder for pre-HC stuff (some of which might be superseded by HC-era icons), and in the live assets folder for new or updated HC-era icons. 

12 hours ago, Mac B said:

I have found one other deceptively difficult image to find the "Special Titan Enhancement" icon.

That icon is E_ICON_EDEN_01. The E_ICON_CrystalShard and E_ICON_GEM_01 have similar gem/crystal icons if you want something else in that theme.

12 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

it will display the Internal Name of the badge which you can use for the macro image

The settitle listing page that you linked earlier (which I also maintain) contains all the badge internal names. Sometimes those match the icon name, and sometimes they don't, so trying to guess the icon name based on the internal name can be hit-or-miss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

The settitle listing page that you linked earlier (which I also maintain) contains all the badge internal names. Sometimes those match the icon name, and sometimes they don't, so trying to guess the icon name based on the internal name can be hit-or-miss.

Tremendous resource to the community which I use nearly daily. I wouldn't have much fun without all your efforts, thanks!

• Like 1