The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Focused Feedback: New Badges, Accolades, & Powers

8 hours ago, Derek Icelord said:

I like the Sheer Willpower accolade power. However, I think the requirements are rather imbalanced. I'm glad to see a reward for doing the villain strike forces, and those requirements seem fine. However, the hero version requiring Force of Justice seems a bit much, especially considering that Safeguard side objectives typically only credit whoever clicks on the glowie. This is compounded at lower levels by having 2-4 of the possible 5 side objectives spawn. Force of Justice is itself an Accolade, so it seems doubly odd to have it as a requirement.

The requirement imbalance is intentional. It’s to get more players to go redside and do the SFs.

• Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

2 hours ago, lemming said:

You can set it when you are in the maze, but it will not do anything (though I need to check a couple more tries)

You can use it inside the maze, but if you leave the maze for the lobby, it will not take you back to the maze which is probably WAI.

Posted (edited)

One other thing about Sheer Willpower.  Its usefulness seems overly skewed towards squishies less so Doms.  I know Megalomaniac is skewed more towards control but most any AT has access to a hold.  Unless there's some kind of gimmick baked in like tp protection against teleswaps or something I can't see half my roster of characters wanting to bother with this one.  

Edited by Mezmera

Having just run the remaining villain SF's I needed for this badge on a few characters I must say I like the intent of this.  The two SF's I like the least combined are no worse than running a Synapse.  I think this'll be a good way to get more participation in villain stuff and would prefer the hero accolade equivalent to be more tedious to do.  Both sides have their easier paths for certain accolades, this one should be easier for villains imo.   Plus these SF's are plain more fun to do.  

Duplicitous isn't a good badge name for completing 10 tips.  The word means deceitful, backstabbing, two-faced.  It's contextually inappropriate.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

• Developer
6 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Duplicitous isn't a good badge name for completing 10 tips.

No problem; I have very little attachment to any badge names; If you have a better alternative, I'm happy to swap it out, a lot were first-thought placeholders that nobody commented on so they ended up going out as they were.

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

17 minutes ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

No problem; I have very little attachment to any badge names; If you have a better alternative, I'm happy to swap it out, a lot were first-thought placeholders that nobody commented on so they ended up going out as they were.

Adept isn't in use, and conforms with "Uncommitted" and "Multifaceted".

• Thumbs Up 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 7/6/2024 at 3:57 PM, Derek Icelord said:

That would help a fair bit. I still think it's super janky to have an accolade requiring another accolade, though.

I agree with this, an accolade should not require another accolade

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

"Wayward" or "Mercurial" fit better with the theme of someone who changes their alignment often. "Uncommitted" -> "Mercurial" -> "Multifaceted" has a nice progression to it.

Otherwise, if you want to emphasize the fact that a hero or villain is following lots of tips, you could go for something like "Tipped Off" -> "Well Connected" -> "In the Know" but that doesn't fit the badge icon very well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Along the lines of the Safeguard side missions badge...

'Agent Watkins' arc badge 'The Greater Good Badge' also only completes for the leader. I don't like this for multiple reasons... as an arc that has you replay for multiple badges, this forces you to play alone in order to get the badge or accept the rest of your flashback TF teammates will not get the badge. While I understand there are some Solo personal stories in this MMO, I think you would want to encourage players to form groups for a variety of content. This design discourages that and this is a social game. 

Please consider changing this badge (and all the arc's badges if necessary) to team credit. Few other badges work like this, and it is counter-intuitive.

I only discovered this when forming a team to go through the badges for the Protector of Paragon City accolade pre-update.

• Like 1

I personally don't understand the reasoning for why the requirements for Sheer Willpower for Heroes is vastly more time consuming than Stonehearted for Invader is for Villains.
Anyone with Lord Schweinzer unlocked can unlock Invader for players in less than 30 mins.

If the requirements for Sheer Willpower were just Force of Justice Accolade only, that's still way more time consuming but at least closer to balance on time investment.

I'm guessing the goal here with the heavy Hero requirements is to get any Hero chasing the Accolade power to do the Strike Forces instead and switch back?

That's what any character I'd want it on would do, but...

It's not an Accolade power I'll be chasing with any character, so this is all irrelevant for me.

Just feels like a strong-arm tactic for us to do more red-side content and it's really not enticing enough for me.

Again, just my feedback.

Added: However, if this were an Auto-Power instead of a Click Power that was an inherent boost to Mez Resist.... that's a different story.

I second the motion that badge requirements for this be strictly Gold-side.

Added: This will be an Accolade Power I will be chasing with many characters, if not all.

Edited by SupaFreak
2 Additional Comments

With Seed Of Hamidon as a requirement for the Between Realities Accolade, could we please get the merit rewards for Seed Of Hamidon increased?

5 reward merits for all that work is one of the reasons most people will do it for the badges and then never again. Granted, it's not an 80 reward merits situation like OG Hamidon, but Adamastor is an uncomplicated fight lasting less than five minutes and you get 10 reward merits and 5 incarnate threads for it. It seems to me like Seed Of Hamidon should reward at least that if not more.

Raising the rewards of Seed Of Hamidon would likely drive people to do it more often and make it worth the time, effort, and coordination.

• Thumbs Up 1