Come one, come all, please join us in beta testing Issue 28, Page 1.

5 hours ago, Ruin Mage said:

There is always -1/x8 difficulty settings if you want to mow over mobs.

And I always hate this line. 

The option to have fun against a x8 setting should NOT be to team or play on -1. To me that’s beyond unacceptable and part of why I’m on the way out. It’s getting closer to that bizzaro ass scenario being a reality. Baby steps admittedly, but well, it’ll eventually  be a full sprint

Edited by Seed22

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

31 minutes ago, Seed22 said:

The option to have fun against a x8 setting should NOT be to team or play on -1. To me that’s beyond unacceptable and part of why I’m on the way out. It’s getting closer to that bizzaro ass scenario being a reality. Baby steps admittedly, but well, it’ll eventually  be a full sprint

I can only hope.

• Confused 1

Hmmm . . . I wonder if it would be possible or desirable to have one of the colored zones start a little lower on the level shifts.

Probably not because the problem becomes the floating level shifts.  You could show up and see most things conning grey to you (due to others gaining the shifts), but then find a +11 EB or Minotaur hidden in the pack.  So even if you had a colored area that started at level 50 or 51 or whatever it won't stay that way and you will still encounter Big Bads.

On the other hand, it's not too different than the Hive or Abyss.  You can go solo in those zones to explore, get badges, and you might even challenge a Giant Monster.  Some characters are even able to take them down or survive getting hit by several.  But Hamidon is beyond any single player.

1 hour ago, Lunar Ronin said:

I can only hope.

For shame, Ronin 😛 

No but seriously, I do like the Labyrinth, and honestly I forgot we were talking about it for a second. But yeah the rest of the game should at least be able to be done at 50 on +1x8. And given this slippery slope I doubt that’ll be the case in a few years(honestly I will eat crow AND donate $100 if this game is even UP in 5-7 years given the trajectory of changes but we’ll see) .

I know on these forums I’m not the most liked, really don’t give a fuck to be honest but it is what it is. I never hold my tongue IRL and ESPECIALLY won’t around some internet people. *

*Assuming you were hoping for my departure. No need to hope

Edited by Seed22

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

1 hour ago, Seed22 said:

For shame, Ronin 😛 

No but seriously, I do like the Labyrinth, and honestly I forgot we were talking about it for a second. But yeah the rest of the game should at least be able to be done at 50 on +1x8. And given this slippery slope I doubt that’ll be the case in a few years(honestly I will eat crow AND donate $100 if this game is even UP in 5-7 years given the trajectory of changes but we’ll see) .

I know on these forums I’m not the most liked, really don’t give a fuck to be honest but it is what it is. I never hold my tongue IRL and ESPECIALLY won’t around some internet people. *

*Assuming you were hoping for my departure. No need to hope

Err, no.  I wasn't hoping for your departure nor anyone else's departure.  My apologies if I gave that impression.  I meant that I can only hope for a full sprint towards players being unable to solo at +4x8, the highest difficulty setting for teams.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I think I mentioned this already somewhere on the beta threads, but once the patch hits live, for anyone who loves making macros and wants numbered images here ya go:

image.png.d2450ef479b80bde2054ce7174217df0.png /macro_image "Labyrinth_Shift_01" "Text" "Command"

image.png.8394277292a1dcd566e021d2f56fef2d.png /macro_image "Labyrinth_Shift_02" "Text" "Command"

image.png.718698c75ff07bf92344e567948e66fb.png /macro_image "Labyrinth_Shift_03" "Text" "Command"

image.png.75288a7e5e523df50498d95d5a783544.png /macro_image "Labyrinth_Shift_04" "Text" "Command"

image.png.45749216a415b49950f138706ebfd3d7.png /macro_image "Labyrinth_Shift_05" "Text" "Command"

image.png.1b9ce071478ab872422cca653328b0f5.png /macro_image "Labyrinth_Shift_06" "Text" "Command"

image.png.280eb70026661beff24a8b929a175d80.png /macro_image "Labyrinth_Shift_07" "Text" "Command"

image.png.27468335f9a60fc975b4d3f65d9d0ff9.png /macro_image "Labyrinth_Shift_08" "Text" "Command"

image.png.d4fce1218d4415b59d088efe49fd5fad.png /macro_image "Labyrinth_Shift_09" "Text" "Command"

image.png.df30dc7aec76db202350ad3ed061516b.png /macro_image "Labyrinth_Shift_10" "Text" "Command" 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Lunar Ronin said:

I meant that I can only hope for a full sprint towards players being unable to solo at +4x8, the highest difficulty setting for teams.

Personally, I don't see a problem with people at 50+ able being to solo story content or radio/newspaper missions set at +4/8.  I don't think there's many people running those settings in the 20s and below. 

There's plenty of content specifically designed for teams (with more on the way), many of which come with even higher difficulty settings that are meant to be more challenging for and requiring groups/leagues. 

I'd much prefer the game didn't become City of Warcraft where you'll need a full league to help you complete anything.

Edited by Excraft
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Microphone 2

6 hours ago, Lunar Ronin said:

Err, no.  I wasn't hoping for your departure nor anyone else's departure.  My apologies if I gave that impression.  I meant that I can only hope for a full sprint towards players being unable to solo at +4x8, the highest difficulty setting for teams.

Here’s where the issue lies in that though. Let’s say they say yes to +4x8 not being soloable, then people would move to soloing +3x8 with the same speed of 4 if not faster, then y’all would cry for THAT to be nerfed, then 2, then 1. 

Forcing teaming on everyone which would drive away whatever’s left after the +4 changes

I got quoted 3 times by 3 different people. That's a new record for me I think.

Look, I'll just agree to disagree at this point so we don't end up circular about this.

The kind of game I'm asking for/desiring is not for everyone nor will I get it 100% the way I want it. Which is fine by me.

• Like 3

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

• Retired Community Rep

"Anyone can become a closed beta tester" is no longer true. Folks can join the discord, sure, but access to the closed beta channels / game server for new players is on hold for now.

Hopefully that changes for the next update. Would be nice to have more closed beta testers who actually log in and test things.

My Stuff:

fite.gif.ce19610126405e6ea9b52b4cfa50e02b.gif Fightclub PvP Discord (Melee PvP tournaments, builds, and beta testing)

Clipboard01.gif.9d6ba27a7be03b73a450be0965263fd2.gif Influence Farming Guide (General guide to farming, with maps and builds)

On 7/11/2024 at 11:48 AM, PeregrineFalcon said:

You're close, but you just missed the mark.

In the past posts with negative feedback often disappeared, and warning points acquired. Also, fellow players would attack and insult people who posted negative feedback, but when we returned said insults in kind our posts alone disappeared and more warning points were acquired while those that had blatantly attacked and insulted us got nothing.

But the absolute worst part of all of this is the blatant gaslighting. The continued insistence that none of this happened and that I should just go ahead and post my feedback so that "my voice will be heard."

I find the irony with this palatable. 

I also 100% agree with what you are saying, and its not something that happened in the past. It happens now.
The Forum Cartel runs Barter-town.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, LastHumanSoldier said:

The Forum Cartel runs Barter-town.

CAnon spreading the facts us simple forum goers are missing. 

Next up, the IO market is rigged by big AH!

But seriously? Have a problem with HC moderation? I get it. Sometimes the GMs are way too heavy handed on moderating threads. But when you go sounding like a conspiratorial loon it makes me go,  “ain't it  funny how it’s always them and NEVER the people being moderated? oh no no no,  It’s all a big conspiracy by a shadow cabal of GMs to create a police state of moderation on the forums.”

Least that’s how something like this comes across to me.  But here’s a solution; bring it up to the GMs or HC devs, or play on thunderspy. No moderation there

Edited by Seed22
  • Thumbs Up 1

Perhaps we do need another hero

tina.jpg.42de7368ac83414ec1741d19ff159e6b.jpg

Edited by High_Beam
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

On 7/13/2024 at 12:25 AM, Americas Angel said:

"Anyone can become a closed beta tester" is no longer true. Folks can join the discord, sure, but access to the closed beta channels / game server for new players is on hold for now.

Hopefully that changes for the next update. Would be nice to have more closed beta testers who actually log in and test things.

Not saying that the team should do anything differently, but many of us have very limited time to play. Between life, work, and kids it's hard to justify jumping onto a low pop beta server to test things without reward. Yes, I know that the reward is doing the right thing, but maybe if there was a way to incentivize those who do play, test, and submit feedback there would be more people willing to do so. 

No clue what that would even look like, but it's something to think about. I know a lot of people who would give up some of their time for a possible badge on their main account/character. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, jprewitt73 said:

I know a lot of people who would give up some of their time for a possible badge on their main account/character. 

They have:

image.png

Update (December 12th): AE Contest, Dev Choice, Bug Hunters, and more!

By Jimmy
December 13, 2020 in Announcements

Thank You to Testers!

Now that Issue 27 has been live for a few weeks, we wanted to take a moment to thank the testers who helped ensure we had a stable and polished release with their time, feedback and bug reports.

[Names of beta testers]

You've all been sent at least one Bug Hunter badge. You can find it in your account mail in-game (the same place where Super Pack items appear). Please be aware that each Bug Hunter badge can only be claimed on one character, so choose wisely 🙂 

Badge_bughunter_01.png.e8ee377a4e0cdcddd9ab7312683d4863.png

Participation in the testing process is hugely important for ensuring a solid release, so we really do appreciate the time that everyone has put in. If you're interested in earning a Bug Hunter badge for yourself, be sure to join in with the testing of future patches!

Edited by Glacier Peak

• Retired Community Rep
1 hour ago, jprewitt73 said:

Not saying that the team should do anything differently, but many of us have very limited time to play. Between life, work, and kids it's hard to justify jumping onto a low pop beta server to test things without reward. Yes, I know that the reward is doing the right thing, but maybe if there was a way to incentivize those who do play, test, and submit feedback there would be more people willing to do so. 

No clue what that would even look like, but it's something to think about. I know a lot of people who would give up some of their time for a possible badge on their main account/character. 

They used to award the Bug Hunter badge just for closed beta participation. Might be a good idea to start that up again? Who knows. But as someone who's earned the badge four times, it quickly loses its appeal.

The chief appeal of closed beta/QA testing is:

• See new features before everyone else.
  • See experimental features that don't make it to open beta.
  • The ability to directly influence the development of the game. (Open Beta allows this too, to an extent, but not to the degree Closed Beta does.)
  • Direct access to the Dev team.

Unfortunately, this does mean closed beta is full of folks who test nothing and just want to be part of the "in crowd". Which in turn leads to a lot of discord debate/discussion and not a huge amount of ingame testing. So, perhaps you're right, and some form of reward for closed beta testing might help that stage of development regain its focus.

• Thumbs Up 1

My Stuff:

fite.gif.ce19610126405e6ea9b52b4cfa50e02b.gif Fightclub PvP Discord (Melee PvP tournaments, builds, and beta testing)

Clipboard01.gif.9d6ba27a7be03b73a450be0965263fd2.gif Influence Farming Guide (General guide to farming, with maps and builds)

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Americas Angel said:

They used to award the Bug Hunter badge just for closed beta participation. Might be a good idea to start that up again? Who knows. But as someone who's earned the badge four times, it quickly loses its appeal.

The chief appeal of closed beta/QA testing is:

• See new features before everyone else.
  • See experimental features that don't make it to open beta.
  • The ability to directly influence the development of the game. (Open Beta allows this too, to an extent, but not to the degree Closed Beta does.)
  • Direct access to the Dev team.

Unfortunately, this does mean closed beta is full of folks who test nothing and just want to be part of the "in crowd". Which in turn leads to a lot of discord debate/discussion and not a huge amount of ingame testing. So, perhaps you're right, and some form of reward for closed beta testing might help that stage of development regain its focus.

Well said. But even then, before content gets to open beta, it's gotta go through closed beta or experimental, before which it has to make it past pre-alpha and internal developer tool kit testing. And even before that, it has to go through conceptual development feature review for approval by the Council. [Speculation]

Anyways, point of this thread - I'm always happy to see folks who have time and interest test things out.

Edit: I'm pretty sure it's also awarded for open beta testing too. If I remember how I got mine correctly...

Edited by Glacier Peak

11 hours ago, Americas Angel said:

Yeah, don't take anything I say/suggest as the gospel truth. I'm not sure what could be considered a worthwhile reward without muddying the waters and wasting time. Just a thought I had. Then again, I only play around 2 hours a week on a good week at this point due to scheduling issues so I'm probably not someone who should be suggesting any changes. 

On 7/7/2024 at 12:33 PM, GM_GooglyMoogly said:

You are, of course, welcome to test or not test anything and to like or dislike whatever.  But out of curiosity, what sort of things would interest you enough to try them on a Beta.

I like that HC is finally trying some new stuff. I haven't tested but will definitely play this in beta or when it gets put out into the regular game.

Sadly, the story arc in this page is more of the stuff I don't like. No, I didn't test it but I read the descriptor from other players. Running around, long, drawn out jumping around. I pray they don't have a ton of dialogue and story that only the team lead can access. That kind of stuff is really poor design.

HC puts out good quality stuff but a lot of it is kinda dull and repetitive. I am glad to hear there will be some changes and new stuff happening. The Live crew started changing the style of content and they seemed to be going in a good direction - the DFB, DiB style of missions is great. A lot of the Trials are fun (why aren't you adding more of these vs. those weak story arcs?) and some powers were great adds. HC has been adding some cool powers but the content has been...not as good. The material you added to the hardmode ITF and Lady Grey TF might've been put into a new trial and those items could've been re-skinned and made into some new, original characters...

I pray that one day you'll take me up on my player generated A.E. v.2.0 content add idea.

HC, I really applaud your efforts and quality of work. It is definitely top notch even if I don't like all of it. Thank you all!

• Thumbs Up 1