The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Life-Like/Realistic Showcase Listing for July 13-28

• Retired Community Rep

It's time for our next Showcase! Life-Like is the next category, and we expect it to be BIG. We're looking for realistic/part of life types of bases and works in progress: things like apartments, houses, places you'd visit in the real world. Not naturescapes, because that category is NEXT month, along with "Other", which should catch those bases that just didn't fit well in other categories, or, had multiple categories in the base.  Count teleporters that function as doors or elevators as realistic, given the limitations we have in this editor.

Please list the base this way:

Shard:

Base Code:

Builder or Owner: (Include builder's global and anyone else who might like to get comments, such as an owner or co-builder.)

Special Considerations: Is this a WIP? (Work in Progress) Should people have flight to see or navigate in this? Did it win any awards?)

Reminder: to enter the showcase, we'd like to see the bases listed in the Directory, please. Please update or enter your base if you have not yet done so (code can be "DM owner" or something similar if you'd like the base to be private outside of the Showcase, but the Directory helps others know the base exists).

Let's see those bases! We have people who have been eagerly waiting for this category to appear! Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Shard: Excelsior

Base Code: DOUGHNUTS-30456

Builder or Owner: @Mr. Density

Special Considerations: No special considerations, just some background. "The Doughnut Shop" was made because I developed a character named "Doughnut Man", who originally was the owner of Drenched Doughnuts in Overbrook. When one day, some Trolls wandered in from South Skyway looking for an easy score. What happened instead is the Owner of Drenched Doughnuts showed them the door using his elemental powers. After blowing them out of the shop, he started to consider the marketing angle this presented, and so he became the "Doughnut Man". Spreading Doughnuts, Hot Chocolate and Coffee, and Justice across all of Paragon City, all while bringing awareness to the stalled rebuild of the zone. This base is the representation of "New Overbrook", with the Drenched Doughnuts shop at the centre. So, come for the tour, enjoy yourself, and be sure to get a hot beverage and a doughnut while you're in town. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Moose 1

- Mr. Density (Tank)

Supergroups: Earth Special Forces (Excel/Indom), The Doughnut Shop (Excel), Macy's Day Parade (Excel), Order of the Silver Flame (Indom)

Quote: "Jerry, if you think that by threatening me you can get me to be your slave... Well, that's where you're right. But - and I am only saying this because I care - there are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing." - Chris Knight, "Real Genius"

I'm not sure whether this qualifies as life-like, but my intent was to create something grounded and realistic. It does exist within the game universe... just as a bit of a deconstruction.

Base Code: DAYPASS-18887

Builder or Owner: @Forager

Special Considerations: If you like walking, I recommend walking everywhere inside except for the gym area. Once you find your way outside, you can run everywhere except the nightclub where I strongly recommend walking as you approach the line to get in. The teleporters (both internal and external) are hidden for aesthetic reasons so they don't glow or make noise, but they were not intended to be hard to find. The danger room has no public entrance and the small nightclub inside is only a preview and backup for the larger one outside and cannot be accessed.

Teleporter locations:

Spoiler

Travel hub is in the cars in the loading area. The door to go outside is at the end of the hall.

A brief description:

When property values in Dark Astoria flipped and went negative, those willing to take risks had a chance to shape the future of the zone. Forager was able to secure half a city block just outside of Little Cimerora and opened The Apparatus, a small company that supplies training and equipment to Natural origin heroes. They share the block with the private military force that was contracted to reclaim the area, but rumors suggest that the two groups share more than walls, especially after the opening of Opportunity Square. Forager got the first crack at the real estate there as well, opening Club Twilight and gaining even more influence.

Recently though, progress in the area has stalled. City officials are blaming the contractors, the contractors are blaming the locals and the locals are blaming the city. While everyone agrees that Dark Astoria needs change, nobody seems to agree on what that change should be.

• Like 4

Shard: Everlasting

Base Code: Krewe-29031

Builder or Owner: @ARCHETYPE (Getaways here on the forums)

Special Considerations: Heavily a W.I.P. as teleport points are one directional for now (/stuck is your friend or some areas are unfinished so you can jump through the roofs and boundaries of the base are not yet set.  Started about a week ago and have been adding little by little with progress slowing due to hitting my creative wall.

Teleporter locations:

Inside the Getaways hideout in an old carriage house are zone teleport points. multiple points throughout the base have portals on the doors such as the main hostel of the Krewe, the Getaways through the apt next door, Beads Jewelers, Baron Samedi's Humidor.

A brief description:

The Krewe and the setting of their base was born from a published AE mission The Getaways: Friend or Faux, arc ID:54553 which players work with my character Counterfeit to explore his past. Set in New Orleans players join Counterfeit to see why his old villain team the Krewe wants him dead.  Players and Counterfeit run missions to confront the Krewe.  

Krewe-20931 is set in a neighborhood in New Orleans, where the Krewe operate out of an old hostel. My main villain group the Getaways have a hideout in an old carriage house across the street. Stop in and join some refreshments at the newly opened Bamboo Kat's tiki bar, have your fortune read at the fortune teller, find your scent with a perfume from Love Potion Apothecary, brew a beer at the Blacksmith Brewery, shop jewelry from Beads Jewelers, grab a snack from the King Cake Bakery, visit Lis's greenhouse for all your floral needs, or cigars from Baron Samedi's Humidor. coming attractions include a small club known as the Voodoo Doll House. Overlooking the block is the Perch, a low-income housing development and fortress of the criminal mastermind the Pelican and his Boil Boys. other notable locations include a small hospital emergency clinic, shotgun style housing and apartments (all under construction).  Play the AE mission for a full appreciation of the base and story behind it, or just come visit the base and let me know what you think about the progress so far.

• Like 3

Base Code: AH-10808

Builder or Owner: @JelloMold

Special Considerations: Aegis House occupies the top two floors and roof of the Rogers Building in Steel Canyon. Be wary of the portal in the magic lab; it’s warded for a reason.

• Like 4

Base Code: AIRPORT-28073
Builder/Owner: @Inferno Girl

No special considerations are needed.

The Airport is a small transport hub.  The TSA check has a bit of a line, but the moving walkway will get you to the terminal fast.   Have you ever wanted to hop behind the automated baggage area at the airport?

• Like 4

- Jo Jo -  

Base Code: STATION-18074

Builder: @Garbage Wizard 

(Winner of the Utility Base Over 5k category in the 2023 base building contest)

Base Code: GO-28888

No special considerations necessary for either base.

Edited by Vexxillion
  • Like 3

Paragon Galleria

Base Code: Pshopping-13668
Builder: @twentysix
Winner: 5th Place in Homecoming Base Building Contest, Judge's Choice Everlasting Base contest.
Description: A mall built in an abandoned warehouse, located in Skyway.

Edited by 026
  • Like 4

Base Code: GIANTS-18986

Builder: @Dr. Feedback

A portion of Newport City, which is an affluent neighborhood south of Founders Falls, and home to Gentech. The owner and president of Gentech is David Prescott, a mutant known as Brainbane. He has created this company to research mutant genes, while also helping mutant heroes be a force for good in the world. The team has a base underneath the city, which is accessed via several points in the city.

• Like 3

Base Code: RENAISSANCE
Base Builder/owner: @Fayted
Special Need: Flight will be necessary as this is a WIP
, so some flooring is missing.
Description
: After visiting Rome in 2023, I was inspired by St. Peter's Basilica, which this base is modeled after. There are limitations to base sizes, so it's not an exact replica, and I'll be taking some artistic liberties since it's no where possible to replicate the real thing.

Base Code: DIVINE-1512

Base Builder/owner: @Ankh

Special Need: None.

Description: This cathedral is based off the gothic architecture of Notre Dame. Originally intended as a portal hub.

Note: I don't know why I'm obsessed with cathedrals, I think I have a problem.

• Like 3

• Retired Community Rep

Please also be sure to send comments to the builders, and please remember that there is a "guestbook" in the directory where your comments can be public for those looking for which bases are worth a visit.

• Like 1

Base Code: DIGS-34712

Builder or Owner: @Doctor Radon

Special Considerations:  This was meant to be a simple studio apartment in Kings Row.  Visitors will quickly realize that it's poorly named, as this is much larger than a studio, having multiple rooms and even a small bar.  What I discovered is that it's much more challenging to craft a nice-looking base in a very compressed space than I had first imagined (It can be done, of course!  I have seen some amazing studio-type apartments in the past- I just lack the skill to pull it off myself, apparently).

Anyway, I imagine that this base is one of several apartment complexes in a former warehouse in Kings Row, that was gutted and converted into rental flats.  I'd go back and change the base name, if I could, but of course you can't do that, so I suppose it will remain poorly named in perpetuity. 😄🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

• Retired Community Rep
Posted (edited)

Got a few entries to add from the Scourge group:

Shard: Everlasting

Base Code: CHATEAU-7475

Builder: @Easter Bunny

Base Code: VAULTLUXE-17647

Builders: @Easter Bunny / @BBBadger

Base Code: GIZA-3190

Builder: @BBBadger

Edited by Easter Bunny
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

(\/)     Easter Bunny 
   ( . . )    Retired Community Rep  |  
Active Base Advocate

c (") (")   Community Base Directory  |  Base Building Guide  |  Base Building Discord 

• Retired Community Rep
11 hours ago, Triumphant said:

Base Code: DIGS-34712

Builder or Owner: @Doctor Radon

Special Considerations:  This was meant to be a simple studio apartment in Kings Row.  Visitors will quickly realize that it's poorly named, as this is much larger than a studio, having multiple rooms and even a small bar.  What I discovered is that it's much more challenging to craft a nice-looking base in a very compressed space than I had first imagined (It can be done, of course!  I have seen some amazing studio-type apartments in the past- I just lack the skill to pull it off myself, apparently).

Anyway, I imagine that this base is one of several apartment complexes in a former warehouse in Kings Row, that was gutted and converted into rental flats.  I'd go back and change the base name, if I could, but of course you can't do that, so I suppose it will remain poorly named in perpetuity. 😄🤷‍♂️

Actually, you can change a base name. Petition the GMs and you can rename it whatever you wish!

Base Code: Law-18824

Builder or Owner: @Wravis/@Jibily

Basecode: Boardwalk-23004
Builder or Owner: @Jibily/Wravis

Edited by Wravis
  • Like 2

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184 - Highschool-33072

By request 😄

Base Code: KARMA-508

Builder or Owner: @Dropout

Special Considerations: Viewable with Indoor lighting (night) or the usual Outdoor with shadows (day). Won the 1st Unofficial Everlasting Base Building Contest c. Nov 2019

• Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 5:02 PM, jonalynne said:

Base Code: AIRPORT-28073
Builder/Owner: @Inferno Girl

No special considerations are needed.

The Airport is a small transport hub.  The TSA check has a bit of a line, but the moving walkway will get you to the terminal fast.   Have you ever wanted to hop behind the automated baggage area at the airport?

Very nice design!  I almost missed the site-to-site portal to the outside.  Good use of space, and as Forager said, the conveyor belt is something else!

Three questions:

1) is there a site-to-site to go into the tower?  If so, I didn't find it.

2) does the base have group storage?  I didn't notice any, but perhaps it was hidden behind a wall.

3) Where's the exit for that truck next to the conveyor belt and forklift?  I see no way it can do anything but move up and back on that row.

On 7/10/2024 at 6:29 PM, Vexxillion said:

Base Code: STATION-18074

(Winner of the Utility Base Over 5k category in the 2023 base building contest)

Clean, good look, everything in one chamber. Function before form, that's how l like to roll. 

One question:

How was the I❤️HC graffiti done?  Admittedly, I've not gone digging in the components for graffiti, so I've no idea if the HC dev team created it or if it was composed specifically for the Station.

On 7/10/2024 at 7:20 PM, CaptA said:

Base Code: GIANTS-18986

Builder: @Dr. Feedback

A portion of Newport City, which is an affluent neighborhood south of Founders Falls, and home to Gentech. The owner and president of Gentech is David Prescott, a mutant known as Brainbane. He has created this company to research mutant genes, while also helping mutant heroes be a force for good in the world. The team has a base underneath the city, which is accessed via several points in the city.

Lots of corners to explore here, and I like the secret base.  I'm very impressed with how that giant coffee cup over the door to the coffee shop was made.   Lettering styling has come a long way in base building, and you definitely put it through its paces throughout your display.

One observation:  The house next to the guy fishing in the pond.  There's a site-to-site at the front door to get in, but if there's another in place for exiting the house, I didn't find it.  No worries, I whipped out a base portal to exit the house.  Alternatively, I could have logged out and back in.  Might consider making the exit clearer.

Overall, very good, and I enjoyed looking through the various nooks.  The door to the bookstore sounded creepy and I spent several minutes trying to figure out why until later when upon flying around I noticed the giant Circle of Thorns book over the building. LoL.

• Like 2

• Retired Community Rep

I hope that people who are visiting bases will visit both of the servers (or all, if more show up...). There are wonderful bases everywhere!

Base Code: WAYPOINT-21771

Builder or Owner: @Aalya

Special Considerations: Individual rp spaces behind each door.

Base Code: TEATIME-17990

Special Considerations: Won second place in 2022's Everlasting base contest. (I think it was 2022. Drawing a blank. Apologies.)

Base Code: VACATION-28259

Special Considerations: none

Base Code: VANRRR-33112

Special Considerations: WIP, only open for showcase

Base Code: VACATION-22157

Builder or Owner: @BBBadger

Special Considerations: Three separate vacation spots to visit! Paris! Belize! Aspen! 

Base Code: FIRE-29123

Special Considerations: I think it's neat. WIP!

Base Code: RAINYDAY-14113

Special Considerations: Featured on Dacy's Videos!

Base Code: Skyhigh-15065  

Special Considerations: Featured on Dacy's Videos!