The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Gate of Darkness and Mote Locations [SPOILERS]

Posted (edited)

First, thanks to Nodnal for helping out a ton in mapping the Endless Colonnade and finding many of the motes with me.

SPOILERS AHEAD

There are seven total motes within the Labyrinth of Fog. There is one corresponding to each color floor, plus one in the Endless Colonnade. Each provides a modest buff of some kind, and when you have acquired all seven and go to the Gate of Darkness (within the Core of the Labyrinth) they will combine into one passive power called the Mote of the Gladiator that has all of the individual components combined.

As a note, I unfortunately did not take screenshots, but I've tried to be somewhat descriptive. I hope to add screenshots to this in the near future. I also have not figured out the patterns to get TO each of these individual maps, and it took me about an hour of running around to find them a second time.

Mote of Apathy - The Endless Colonnade

• Once you find The Endless Colonnade, follow the route to the farthest south you can go. Once there, you will find the Mote of Apathy and obtain a +10 rech passive, along with the hint that you need the Labyrinth Accolade and the 7 Motes in order to get through the Gate of Darkness.
  • Nodnal's map: 

Once you have all seven motes, you can proceed back to the Core of the Labyrinth. If you've already obtained the Conqueror of the Labyrinth accolade, you can teleport here from the Labyrinth lobby. If you haven't gotten Greek Philosopher yet, please see my guide thread on that. From the core, proceed to the Gate of Darkness (upper levels, E-NE). As you approach the gate, your seven temporary passives will become one passive that will be called Mote of the Gladiator, and you may enter the True Core of the Labyrinth. This will award your prestige costume!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADDENDUM AND ADDITION OF PICTURES: Below are the locations and quickest (easy) access to 6 of the 7 motes. The only one I couldn't find good access to was the Endless Colonnade, but we'll leave that to you adventurers and explorers to map out! The method I used was to simply re-enter the door you came out of. I'm sure there are shorter paths, but this is the most repeatable I was able to discover quickly.

Mote of Despair: Take the red portal from the lobby, then keep re-entering the doors (3 re-enters total after the portal click) you just came out of until you get into the Blue Arachnos base then you'll find the Mote of Despair at [2312.9 -508.2 -2379.8]

screenshot_240711-11-07-13.thumb.jpg.57328379034c31c883a464acffcbd2ca.jpg

Mote of Greed : Take the green portal from the lobby, then keep re-entering the doors (2 re-enters total after the portal click) you just came out of until you get into the Green Sewers then you'll find the Mote of Greed at [-1178.3 -220.8 1350.5]

screenshot_240711-11-17-00.thumb.jpg.dab754e3948ab0535906cce4c2e4944e.jpg

Mote of Violence : Take the blue portal from the lobby, then keep re-entering the doors (2 re-enters total after the portal click) you just came out of until you get into the Red Warehouse then you'll find the Mote of Violence at [-906.6 -236.2 -487.1]

screenshot_240711-11-18-58.thumb.jpg.16b1691da60dc507d75313e0d1686d7c.jpgscreenshot_240711-11-19-06.thumb.jpg.a1bcfb722953ae71dd7de3b5188757ee.jpg

Mote of Cowardice : Take the blue portal from the lobby, then keep re-entering the doors (4 re-enters total after the portal click) you just came out of until you get into the Yellow Praetorian Underground then you'll find the Mote of Cowardice at [-2666.7 -353.5 2428.7]

screenshot_240711-11-23-24.thumb.jpg.28ee9d2dfe4338411adca87090111c2f.jpg

Mote of Jealousy : Take the green portal from the lobby, then keep re-entering the doors (6 re-enters total after the portal click) you just came out of until you get into the Yellow Praetorian Underground then you'll find the Mote of Jealousy at [1956.2 402.9 582.5]

screenshot_240711-11-33-24.thumb.jpg.b2ec210eff59776abba59f748448fcab.jpg

Mote of Fury : Take the orange portal from the Core of the Labyrinth, then keep re-entering the doors (6 re-enters total after the portal click) you just came out of until you get into the Yellow Praetorian Underground then you'll find the Mote of Violence at [-3562.8 -330.5 2038.9]

screenshot_240711-11-39-28.thumb.jpg.d6b585a97dbdea66aae579c9703ec336.jpg

Edited by Final Overlord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Developer
10 hours ago, Final Overlord said:

Note that there is currently no badge or reward for this

Check your prestige costumes... Looks like the unlock reward needs a bigger notification.

Also, well done on solving the Labyrinth so quickly! Very nice! 😄

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

12 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

How does one get to the Core?

Once you beat the Minotaur, a white swirl on the ground will take you to the core.

Then grab the history plaques in the core which if you have the other badges will complete the "Conqueror of the Labyrinth" accolade.  Then you can port to the Core from the lobby.

Also, you can get to the Arena from the Core via the White Portal

6 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Check your prestige costumes... Looks like the unlock reward needs a bigger notification.

Also, well done on solving the Labyrinth so quickly! Very nice! 😄

I apologize for my outburst.

screenshot_240709-16-17-00.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lemming said:

Once you beat the Minotaur, a white swirl on the ground will take you to the core.

Then grab the history plaques in the core which if you have the other badges will complete the "Conqueror of the Labyrinth" accolade.  Then you can port to the Core from the lobby.

Also, you can get to the Arena from the Core via the White Portal

Wait, what arena? I haven't found that yet =(

2 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

Wait, what arena? I haven't found that yet =(

Fight the mino, get them down some health and he ports everyone around to it.   More chaos and after you beat him, profit!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Final Overlord said:

I apologize for my outburst.

screenshot_240709-16-17-00.jpg

You certainly found the motes faster than me, and I've been looking for them.   Thanks for the directions

28 minutes ago, lemming said:

Fight the mino, get them down some health and he ports everyone around to it.   More chaos and after you beat him, profit!

Aah, okay! I was just clicking All Of The Doors and so I've been quite put off that there's all these areas I haven't found yet, despite my thorough investigations!

23 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

Aah, okay! I was just clicking All Of The Doors and so I've been quite put off that there's all these areas I haven't found yet, despite my thorough investigations!

One door I totally missed that someone else found was in a ceiling area.  Cobolt is one sneaky bastich

• Haha 2
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

• Developer

Separate from the True Core, there are seven secret '???' areas total, which includes the Endless Colonnade.

I don't expect them all to be found before we go live, they give no special rewards except the special views and the exploration for any and are, for the most part, more hidden than the motes.

• Like 2

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

On 7/10/2024 at 6:27 AM, Cobalt Arachne said:

Separate from the True Core, there are seven secret '???' areas total, which includes the Endless Colonnade.

I don't expect them all to be found before we go live, they give no special rewards except the special views and the exploration for any and are, for the most part, more hidden than the motes.

Really love the server room. Are the server racks static but the map itself change? It feel weird seeing them in Manticore's mansion lol

• 3 weeks later
On 7/8/2024 at 11:10 PM, Final Overlord said:

Mote of Fury : Take the orange portal from the Core of the Labyrinth, then keep re-entering the doors (6 re-enters total after the portal click) you just came out of until you get into the Yellow Praetorian Underground then you'll find the Mote of Violence at [-3562.8 -330.5 2038.9]

screenshot_240711-11-39-28.thumb.jpg.d6b585a97dbdea66aae579c9703ec336.jpg

This is actually in an orange 5th Column underground base, not Yellow Praetorian Underground. It's also surrounded by angry mobs so bring some purples and speed with ya!