"No FX" for all powers

Leadership is a great set. Possibly the best Pool set. But most of my characters steer away from it. You know why? Because if they take any powers there, they'll be doomed be surrounded by twirling droplets, shields and whatnots for the rest of their lives. Not only isn't there any-character explanation, especially when the characters do natural things like Street Justice, Willpower, Dual Pistols... but it's damn annoying. All powers need to have the option of effects disabled - including shooting bolts. If my character throws fire, it can be invisible fire. Maybe it's thermal. And it's very simple to include that option, unlike "Minimal FX," where you have to draw up special tuned-down versions. "No FX" just switches off the graphics and sounds.

By the way, turn off that aggravating levitation whistle for "No FX" flying too. I mean Arcane Flight, maybe Fly. If I don't want twirling runes, don't subject me to the wheeze from Hover either.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 2
  • Banjo 1

8 minutes ago, temnix said:

Leadership is a great set. Possibly the best Pool set. But most of my characters steer away from it. You know why? Because if they take any powers there, they'll be doomed be surrounded by twirling droplets, shields and whatnots for the rest of their lives.

The issue with leadership is that those crosshair, shields, etc, surrounding your character are *not* the actual power - those are present on any character with the buffs on them.  The little burst effect and hand-to-chest animation are from the actual power.  I don't think you can actually eliminate those, unless there was some kind of global "Don't display buff FX" option...

• Banjo 1

9 hours ago, Alchemystic said:

I don't usually tell people to quit the game but honestly with the amount of quibbles you have I can't see you enjoying yourself here.

He already quit.  Long time ago.

• Banjo 1

Is there anything in this game that you like?

• Banjo 1

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *MiHami Heat-Fire/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

• I SUPPORT THIS IDEA... A SUPER SIMPLE ON/OFF WAY TO SUPPRESS EFFECTS.
  • FOR ME ITS A MATTER OF THE EYES, SOMETIMES ITS TOO MUCH AND GETS ME DIZZY/QUEASEY ETC.
  • I MAINLY SOLO THESE DAYS TO HANDLE IT, BECAUSE THERE IS FAR LESS.

PvP Capture the Flag!  Bring some fun into it....

14 hours ago, Alchemystic said:

I don't usually tell people to quit the game but honestly with the amount of quibbles you have I can't see you enjoying yourself here.

Whatever happened to "be excellent to each other" and attacking the idea, not the person? 

As to the topic, I'm all for a No FX option for all powers.  That allows for customizing the way a player would like.  The suppressvfx is nice, but it's all or nothing which isn't always ideal. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ZacKing said:

Whatever happened to "be excellent to each other" and attacking the idea, not the person? 

Well thats the thing, all of these ideas create the impression this isn't a game they would enjoy, and I don't mean any offense by that.

3 minutes ago, Alchemystic said:

Well thats the thing, all of these ideas create the impression this isn't a game they would enjoy, and I don't mean any offense by that.

Not directing this at you personally, but some folks here need to make up their minds.  They go on and on asking people for feedback, telling them that feedback and suggestions are important, the HC team wants their feedback etc.  Then when people do post suggestions, they get pounced on.  I wonder why some don't want to bother with suggestions anymore?

Yeah, someone may post a lot of criticisms and suggestions for improvement.   They're still here though, so there's something they're finding enjoyable enough to stay.  Attack the idea, not the person.

4 hours ago, ZacKing said:

Not directing this at you personally, but some folks here need to make up their minds.  They go on and on asking people for feedback, telling them that feedback and suggestions are important, the HC team wants their feedback etc.  Then when people do post suggestions, they get pounced on.  I wonder why some don't want to bother with suggestions anymore?

Yeah, someone may post a lot of criticisms and suggestions for improvement.   They're still here though, so there's something they're finding enjoyable enough to stay.  Attack the idea, not the person.

I think that's the heart of it all, OP allegedly doesn't play the game, or at least refuses to engage with the fundamentals (archetypes, enhancements, incarnates, progression, even visuals) to the point it's eroded people's patience, especially when feedback is given and often neglected before another thread is made.

Edited by Alchemystic
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, ZacKing said:

Cuts both ways. OP's post history includes an impressive slam at the devs by denigrating them as mere modders. I'm not of the opinion they get the benefit of the doubt any more, especially when they're shotgunning a bunch of threads all over this forum with no thought about why anything they say should be implemented, which in turn pushes other threads out of sight.

• Like 3

Aspiring game designer and minotaur main.

Anyone can tear something down. The true talent is building it back up again, better than before.

My collection of powerset suggestions - open to comments and feedback!

9 minutes ago, CrusaderDroid said:

Cuts both ways. OP's post history includes an impressive slam at the devs by denigrating them as mere modders. I'm not of the opinion they get the benefit of the doubt any more, especially when they're shotgunning a bunch of threads all over this forum with no thought about why anything they say should be implemented, which in turn pushes other threads out of sight.

My issue is that he is so busy typing up and posting 10000 word essays for changes, that he doesn’t actually engage in any type of discussion about the ideas.

Post a suggestion in a format that doesn’t put people to sleep three times while trying to read it.

Defend/explain your position.

Once it’s played out, post your next suggestion.

• Like 2

Person aside.  I sorta like the idea?  The only reason I am kind of against it, is because there are powers I'd like to see from other players.  (And while id hate to bring it up, especially since I don't do it, PVP)

But I think the pros out weight the cons.  And might get me one step closer to turning off enhancement effects.

40 minutes ago, Alchemystic said:

I think that's the heart of it all, OP allegedly doesn't play the game, or at least seems to struggle with even the fundamentals (archetypes, enhancements, incarnates, progression, even visuals) to the point it's eroded people's patience, especially when feedback is given and often neglected before another thread is made.

I understand that just fine.  You can't control what other people post, but you can control whether or not you respond and how you respond.  If folks would just put the guy on ignore, you wouldn't see the posts and don't have to bother with them.

19 minutes ago, CrusaderDroid said:

I don't disagree, but you don't have to respond.  If you'd rather not just ignore the person and choose to attack them, that's fine, but you're perpetuating the whole thing.

Why so many people can't just shut up? The lot of you turned this thread into garbage, even though it talks about an obviously welcome tweak. And if this game's play is shallow, though pleasant, or if you can't handle a detailed introduction of a complex idea without running into attention deficit, them are reality bites. Homecoming IS just modders who grabbed themselves a license from sheer persistence and sat on top of a game with a business model that will ensure there is never going to be enough resources to develop for real. They are hard-working, there is no denying that, but I don't see much imagination from them. As to whether I still play the game, like that's any of your stinking business, I kept installing and uninstalling it, because it amuses me before it depressingly bores me. It is uninstalled now, and I'm out of this "community" of the dull and obsessed. No one but myself here suggests anything interesting, and the developers don't show any signs of wanting but more of the same. Perhaps when Homecoming brings another major update or two, if they change the gameplay in a way that doesn't make me feel like a fucking loser for putting time in it, I'll give it another shot. Cheerio!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 8
  • Thumbs Right 1
  • Banjo 1