Massive QOL suggestion, maybe? I'd like it anyway.

Can we get the option, when creating a level 50 recipe, to either create the LVL 50 OR the attuned version of the recipe?

You already got the drop, it's max level, why should you have to pay a catalyst penalty?  If you are taking a LVL 25 and attuning it, then I can understand that you should have to use a catalyst, because you are potentially boosting an enhancement to it's max level, and yes, maybe you should pay a catalyst fee to do that. 

I've seen the suggestions of crafting the recipe then selling the enhancement, then buying the attuned version at the same cost to save money on the catalyst, but this never seems to work out for me and I seem to overspend trying to get the enhancement.

There is a breaking point where it does make sense to just craft and then catalyst, but frequently it's a money sink.  I end up with a lot of yellow recipes, but sometimes it seems like they are useless.  Yes, you can use converters, at about 650k influence for 10 and try and convert them to a rare, but maybe I'd like to use that Multi-Strike or Doctored Wounds on my lowbies in the 20-30 range.

For instance, on this recipe

Multi-Strike  Acc/Dam
Cost to craft  490,400 inf
Cost of materials: usually under 5-10k
Cost to catalyst: ~ 1 million

Total Cost to craft & catalyst   1.5 million
Cost currently on the market (avg of last 5 sales): ~ 572k

So I end up crafting the recipe and never using it or selling the recipe for 5k at a vendor. 

I'd even be happy to pay extra for the crafting price to make it attuned, maybe an additional 50% up to 100%, if there is too much push back on doing it for the normal crafting price.  

I also would like to consider doing the same thing for any recipes that is capped out at level 30 or 40, but I'm trying to reduce the freak-out to my overall suggestion. 😆

• Banjo 1

Unless it's a purple, when you craft an IO, it is locked at that level. You crafted a level 25? It will always grant its benefits at that level unless you exemplar more than 3 levels below its crafted level. You craft a level 50? You lose its bonuses when you exemplar below level 47. Attuned IOs always give their enhancement bonuses, with that bonus scaling based on your current level. It just doesn't always give the set bonuses, since those still go away if you exemplar more than 3 levels below that set's minimum level. So yes, if you want that level of versatility from your IOs, you need to catalyze it.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to change "their" to "the" and add an "s" to "levels".
  • Like 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

I do not like this because I make a lot of passive cash on catalysts.  (7 different firefarmers a day)

On top of that awhile ago the devs added quick-casting for catalysts and boosters in the enhancement screen.

But since those reasons are selfish I dont know where to go about this.  I might use chatgpt to create a huge post on random reasons to disagree like everyone else and report anyone who disagrees with me with another chatgpt post

If you sell the level 25, you're selling it to anyone who's tried to buy the IO at any level.  As the market doesn't see the level of the IO you're selling, really.

Catalysts drop frequently after hitting level 50 in just running things, that I often have a pile built up for the next character to use.

Not sure this is needed.  I guess I could see them adding the cost of 20 reward merits for the attuned version, as I do believe a catalyst costs 20 merits to purchase from vendor, so it'd just be getting it done for you there?

26 minutes ago, BrandX said:

C atalysts drop frequently after hitting level 50

Hold.

This is once a day on an 18 hour cooldown.

Edited by kelika2
Per character.

7 hours ago, Warspite said:

Can we get the option, when creating a level 50 recipe, to either create the LVL 50 OR the attuned version of the recipe?

Not unless you can offer an inf* sink comparable to the average daily sale value of catalysts.

• Microphone 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

No thanks to the suggestion. Catalysts are a direct reward for playing, and can be earned via Merit conversion or purchased via the AH.

Anyone who would be "happy" to pay more for an attuned can buy a Catalyst from the AH, often for less than 1 MInf.

Hi, 

It's me, merchant prince Figs!  I'm here for your big convenience! Let me explain some things, kupo.

When you sell a enh on the AH it already and automatically creates a shadow copy of the item being sold as attuned. It makes things flexible from a buyers perspective. Which is nice!

They did this a long time ago / always / something / on or before 2019.

My understanding is that it prevents accumulation of things like lvl 17 of something useful at 50.

It's like when you sell rare salvage, it sells from a rare salvage pool.

There's probably a detailed write up somewhere, but the TLDR;

1/ Don't spend inf and time to convert crafted enh, they are magicked into all versions for the buyer by the ah itself.

2/ sell things you craft, purchase the attuned if you want attuned (versus ability to boost and push past normal enh caps with incarnate system 'such and such ignores n% of the enh diversity cap')

It's a clever system that was implemented, as it creates a transaction momentum for the ah.

triple-seven-joker-working-talking-to-ryuji-when-he-visits-1.thumb.jpg.114fa94f8cecb4ddfef5b24e07994926.jpg

-- big convenience price-meister Figs, merchant prince

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1