New TF from the Mayor?

Been a while since I had posted to these forums, cause I really didn't have much to think about it. I think that it'd be great to create a TF for younger heroes or even older ones to fight a TF that focuses on protecting the Mayor from an assassination plot. Several missions that entail the Family, Council, and 5th Column all conspiring to insert their own imposter into the Mayor's office. There could also be a TF from the Mayor himself, informing us of impending threats to the city, 5th Column, Council, etc.

I had these thoughts because as many times as we have gone to City Hall... no one's seen the mayor. Thought it'd be cool.

Thoughts?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Finland 1

The current (AFAIK) mayor is Ignacio Morales.  He gets mentioned in a few places but mostly we deal with City authorities through Brighid Moreira, the City Representative. A Mayoral TF would in fact be interesting.  As would a similar low level SF in Mercy, though I'm unsure who would be the contact there offhand.

• Finland 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I think the idea of a mayoral TF is interesting.

The Family, 5th Column, and Council are all in the level 20s range.  I consider that entry-level middle range, but you're viewpoint may vary.

I'm a little torn as to younger heroes getting a TF.  That range (blue side) already has the Death From Below Trial, Synapse TF, Drowning in Blood Trial, Both halves of the Positron TF, and caps off with the Penny Yin TF.  This is just mainstream, and not counting the Oroboros version of the Positron TF as well as the old Sister Psyche TF. 

Mid levels have many task forces as well.  If I were to start another, I'd look towards putting one in the 35+ range, so players running those last 15 levels don't feel they have to repeat the Numina and Imperious Task Forces indefinitely.  Just personal opinion. 

I'd suggest a mayoral task force start not in City Hall but across the street in Fort Trident.  It's a good place for the mayor to get intel, and has a lot of what a player needs.  Such an arrangement would also help the players grow more familiar with the fort as well.

If there were a strike force involving the mayor, a low level would be acceptable.  Actually, any additional strike force would be appreciated.

• Finland 1

18 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I think the idea of a mayoral TF is interesting.

The Family, 5th Column, and Council are all in the level 20s range.  I consider that entry-level middle range, but you're viewpoint may vary.

I'm a little torn as to younger heroes getting a TF.  That range (blue side) already has the Death From Below Trial, Synapse TF, Drowning in Blood Trial, Both halves of the Positron TF, and caps off with the Penny Yin TF.  This is just mainstream, and not counting the Oroboros version of the Positron TF as well as the old Sister Psyche TF. 

Mid levels have many task forces as well.  If I were to start another, I'd look towards putting one in the 35+ range, so players running those last 15 levels don't feel they have to repeat the Numina and Imperious Task Forces indefinitely.  Just personal opinion. 

I'd suggest a mayoral task force start not in City Hall but across the street in Fort Trident.  It's a good place for the mayor to get intel, and has a lot of what a player needs.  Such an arrangement would also help the players grow more familiar with the fort as well.

If there were a strike force involving the mayor, a low level would be acceptable.  Actually, any additional strike force would be appreciated.

I'd suggest (and some might not like this I suppose)  A Wizard's Weakness style tip where you go to City Representative for another mission and then she passes you along to the Mayor's office as a follow on.  

• Finland 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

5 hours ago, Darmian said:

I'd suggest (and some might not like this I suppose)  A Wizard's Weakness style tip where you go to City Representative for another mission and then she passes you along to the Mayor's office as a follow on.  

Added a wiki link to explain the WW reference.  Not everyone knows red side, after all.

• Finland 1

I would support it even more if it was a level 50 mission, since all we got is TINPEX, this terrific concept would do much to add variety to end game level. I don't count Itrials since they are league type events, and not as casual as a TF.

It may be an interesting twist that the Rikti is the force trying to supplant the Mayor, with assistance of the Nemesis and other groups that has collaborated with the Rikti

Regards

• Like 1
  • Finland 1

2 hours ago, DrRocket said:

I would support it even more if it was a level 50 mission, since all we got is TINPEX, this terrific concept would do much to add variety to end game level. I don't count Itrials since they are league type events, and not as casual as a TF.

It may be an interesting twist that the Rikti is the force trying to supplant the Mayor, with assistance of the Nemesis and other groups that has collaborated with the Rikti

Regards

How about these then (whose're run @lvl 50 and can be done with +4 difficulty setting as well😞

ITF

Dr. Aeon's Strike Force

The Lady Grey's Task Force

Ms. Liberty's Task Force

Lord Recluse's Strike Force

Barracuda's Strike Force

Dr. Kahn's Task Force

Terra Volta #3 and its villain counterpart

Various Shadow Shard TF's those're very rarely run (especially Firebaze Zulu 1)

And numerous Architect Entertainment content as well. The only advantage of Tinpex is that it drops incarnate components, which other content doesn't. l with these components would be dropped by any of +4 of aforementioned TF's and SF's as well...

• Finland 1

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/