1337 XP From Elite Boss xD

Using Computer terms like its Nineteen Ninety Nine.

prince-1999.jpg.8777db321aa3df7b15a18de4fbd1b84c.jpg

• Like 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

1 hour ago, Lines said:

Grandad, please tell us one of your stories about how you used to pwn n00bs noscope from your roflcopter. I like it when you tell those stories.

• See back in those days, nickels had pictures of bees on ‘em. “Give me five bees for a quarter!” you’d say.
  • Haha 1

PvP Capture the Flag!  Bring some fun into it....

On 10/15/2024 at 10:23 AM, Lines said:

Grandad, please tell us one of your stories about how you used to pwn n00bs noscope from your roflcopter. I like it when you tell those stories.

Ghu, I'm an old fart... I remember sticking phone headsets into 110 baud modems in the computer lab in college to connect to the timesharing system... and submitting card decks to run jobs on an IBM 1130. And the little pranks, like putting program cards with an 80-column-wide 'duplicate' field onto the program cylinders of the 029 keypunch machines and flip the 'program' switch up to catch the unobservant...

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

I remember sticking phone headsets into 110 baud modems in the computer lab in college to connect to the timesharing system

But you could read the text on the screen at a comfortable speed while it downloaded. 😄  (I think 300 was fine, 1200 was a bit too fast)

2 hours ago, lemming said:

But you could read the text on the screen at a comfortable speed while it downloaded. 😄  (I think 300 was fine, 1200 was a bit too fast)

I didn't start having to work at it until I got my first 9600 baud modem, but then I've always had a high reading speed. I remember finding the cardstock-and-spring tachitoscope (sort of like the one in this patent) my parents had, working up through the settings until the fastest one was still too slow, and trying to get it to work faster.

• Like 1