GenCon 2019 Meet & Greet

Hyperstrike

https://forms.gle/StuBC3irtbuVxUFk8

Above is a link to a Google Forms RSVP document.

Please specify if you're going and how many guests.

This lets me know how many seats to reserve.

Rock Bottom Brewery

10 W Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46204

Saturday, August 3rd

7PM

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Dang.  The first GenCon I'm missing in years, the first Critical Role GenCon live show I'm missing, and now this.

Argh.

If you're in the area, you're still welcome.  You don't HAVE to be going to GenCon.

Doing any meet/greets a little more West in the country?

I used to go to the ones in SF.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Doing any meet/greets a little more West in the country?

I used to go to the ones in SF.

Unfortunately no.  I'm pretty much Midwest-based.  And Origins and GenCon eat up most of my "vacation" time from my regular job.

The only reason I was able to make it to the last "Player's Summit" was because it was announced REALLY far in advance.  So I could plan time for it, and pick up tickets on the cheap.

However, there's nothing stopping YOU, or others, from tossing a M&G together.  Either by itself, or around another event where lots of people from out-of-town will be coming through anyhow.

Interesting thought.....

There are some Cali Cons, gaming and otherwise -- or a pure HC event... I hear RENO is a good place to host an event... less expensive then the Bay Area, close and convenient for important players. ;)

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

• 2 weeks later

If you're coming to Gen Con, you might wanna check out my guide to Indianapolis. It's slightly out of date, I need to get around to updating it for things that have changed in the last year or so, but most of the information is still good.

http://mybook.to/geekindy

You probably know me from my guides to the P2W store and enhancement conversion, but I write guides for real life, too. :)

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

• 3 weeks later

GenCon Meet and Greet
Rock Bottom Brewery: Indianapolis
Saturday, August 3rd
7:00 PM

I had 15 responents.  Bringing a total of 24 people.

Reservation is under the name "Borner"  (aka ME).

See you guys there!

I moved to Indy a week ago. I don't think I'll be able to make the meet and greet, but I would appreciate any suggestions about the city from locals. I'm still trying to find my bearings in Indy. Feel free to respond here or DM me or if you feel more comfortable.

While you’re at Gen Con, swing by the Iron Crown booth. No swag ☹️, but my friend Nick looks like and does a good impression of the Yarp guy from Hot Fuzz.

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

46 minutes ago, Skyhawke said:

While you’re at Gen Con, swing by the Iron Crown booth. No swag ☹️, but my friend Nick looks like and does a good impression of the Yarp guy from Hot Fuzz.

Iron  Crown Enterprises? Like the Rolemaster company?

On a totally different topic, has anyone who uses Twitter pinged Posi? He goes to gen con most years. His twitter is @ManyThingsDeck these days. 

31 minutes ago, GavinRuneblade said:

On a totally different topic, has anyone who uses Twitter pinged Posi? He goes to gen con most years. His twitter is @ManyThingsDeck these days. 

Yep, he worked there many moons ago. He loooooves Rolemaster ( keeps trying to get me to join, but I just can’t get into it) and will happily chew your ear off about it if you stop by. 

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

12 hours ago, GavinRuneblade said:

Why so surprised?

I'm one of the guys running Catalyst Game Labs (BattleTech, Shadowrun, etc).

Not surprised, happy.

My Rolemaster books have survived my dorm burning down, are held together by duct tape and pure stubborness. I've dragged them through 4 states without a group to play. and they're still some of my favorite things that I own.

As soon as one of my two D&D campaigns wraps up my players are looking to try a Shadow World game. If you didn't know, Fantasy Grounds has tracked about  3400 games of Rolemaster per quarter (that's ~280 games per week) for the last couple years. Nothing compared to pathfinder or D&D, but we're out there.

and sorry for the thread hijack, back to your usual stuffages. Hope y'all have a great time at the con!

Edited by GavinRuneblade