[Shadow Fall] vs. [Group Invisibility], what's the conflict?

Some Random User

I use both.  They don’t conflict. Together they’ll give you enough stealth that most enemies won’t be able to detect you.  I picked those two over Superior Invisibility because they provide stealth for a team, and I wanted the team defense.

I've been told they do conflict. Is that untrue? What happens if I use [superior Invisibility] and [shadow Fall]?

There's no conflict between GI and Shadow Fall because GI is a click power.  You can stack the stealth radius and defense from both of these powers.  SI and Shadow Fall, however, can't be used at the same time.  Toggling one on will toggle the other off.

SI and Shadow Fall, however, can't be used at the same time.  Toggling one on will toggle the other off.

Sounds like a player should choose one and not take the other. What are the upsides and downsides of each?

Shadow Fall is a stronger DEFENSIVE power. Its defense bonus in combat is stronger, it adds a Resistance bonus, and it affects nearby teammates.

Superior Invisibility is a stronger INVISIBILITY power. Not only does it have a stronger Stealth radius so that even mobs that have +Perception still have more trouble in seeing you (with Shadow Fall you still need additional +Stealth in order to be able to fall on top of the Hydra's head and not die), but it also has a strong -Threat buff, lowering your Threat level. This means that you won't be attacked if there is anything else in the area to attack, and as I recall, you can even kill a mob from a spawn and the spawn won't be alerted to your presence. This makes it an interesting soloing power, being able to Deceive mobs, Blind one and kill it, while putting out Phantom Army for more damage, and never get attacked. Be warned, though, it prevents the use of Tar Patch for -Resist, since any mobs debuffed WILL notice you... and it drains a LOT of Endurance. So killing while using it will be tough on the blue bar. However, since you will be killing one Held mob at a time, you don't need to run other defensive toggles, so it does save a bit of Endurance there.

What Coyote said, SI allows you to solo most content because you never need to deal with more than one mob at a time. On the other hand, using your secondary invisibility stacked with GI will make your group sing your praises... Taking all three gives you versatility and LotG slotting choices...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation