Foot Stomp is too damn loud!

If I have the volume loud enough to find the glowie in a mission, foot stomp will wake up my neighbors. If I adjust the sound so that foot stomp is a reasonable volume, I can't hear any other powers. I would assume this applies to some of the other AoE attacks as well that multiply their volume per target! I'd love it if ya'll could turn the volume down on these!!

For that matter, the sound effects in general are crazy loud, when I do play with the sound on, I have it at 3% and it's comparable to the volume of other games.

There have been a lot of sound effects that were iconic to this game that have lost their flavor due to toning down sound effects and how they once stacked. Healing Aura, and the Thermal Heals to name a couple. They have truly lost their ear candy because of people's complaints. Now we have an option for you to make them whatever you like.

So please, for the love of mankind, leave the last iconic sound we have in game that has not been nerfed alone?

I dont speak for all, but not only do I love the power amplified and stacked sound effects of foot stomp, but I also would prefer they un-nerf the ones that once had this effect. Now that players can change this, I see no reason we shouldn't be able to get them back.

These sounds are iconic, they set this game apart from others in the sound effects department. I would rather them stay that way.

No offense, but if the ability to blast someone's eardrums out can be considered an "iconic" part of anything besides trolling, it's time to rethink your definition of "iconic".

Here we go...

So now I'm a Troll. Because I love the sound effects in game and how they were applied. I guess I was trolling as well when I preferred the original brilliant graphics of armors. Things in this game have been toned down to death. Those of us who loved it, no longer have it. Foot Stomp somehow survived the sound nerfs, and we are glad.

I honestly don't even know how to respond to somebody calling me a troll, because I love a sound effect in game. It does not blow my eardrums out. I question how loud people are playing the game if they claim a sound effect that has been in game for this amount of years, is blowing out their ears....especially when each player has control of these sound effects. The eye candy was nerfed, much of the sound effects has been nerfed....and now we have people wanting even more nerfed.

If the fact that sound effects are something that I find iconic in this game makes me a troll, then you and I are going to have some serious problems...and we most likely will not be getting along.

You love a noise that, when everything else is at a comfortable volume, sounds like a bomb just went off on my desk.  And you're upset that someone has suggested removing this reincarnation of the "drop a trainset in a crowded area so everyone around who has sound enabled is deafened by the emote-spam" troll tactic from WoW.

I'll call a spade a spade, thank you very much.  If this is really your idea of fun, I don't WANT to get along with you.

You love a noise that, when everything else is at a comfortable volume, sounds like a bomb just went off on my desk.  And you're upset that someone has suggested removing this reincarnation of the "drop a trainset in a crowded area so everyone around who has sound enabled is deafened by the emote-spam" troll tactic from WoW.

I'll call a spade a spade, thank you very much.  If this is really your idea of fun, I don't WANT to get along with you.

If you are playing your game at such a volume that it blows out your ears, you have bigger issues than getting along with me. You have the mentallity that everyone else should give up what they love, because you cannot put your speakers at a reasonable volume, or be bothered to change the sound yourself...which you have the capability to do so. Hell, you can change it to kitty cats meow if you so desired. Instead, you want everyone else to be forced to listen to a different style based on your idea of what is acceptable. Yeah, that's fair, right?

You: "I dont want to turn my volume down, I dont want to change the sound effects on my end, everyone else needs to also change their sound effect too!"

Sounds like you believe somehow that you must get special treatment and everyone else must accept what you want changed.

Unbelievable. You have the tools, you have a volume dial along with those tools. I suggest you use them.

Once again, there's a way to silence or change sounds in the game for just you. It's not that complicated. Sure, it might require ten minutes of googling. People have survived worse.

While either side in this argument could go down this path, I tend to think the one who wants the change is the one who should enact the change. Make the sound quieter.

EggKookoo, you are my new bestest friend. This right here.

Unbelievable. You have the tools, you have a volume dial along with those tools. I suggest you use them.

Did I not say, TWICE, that the volume for EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE GAME was at a comfortable level?  Oh right, I did.

I suggest you get yourself some fucking reading comprehension before you make another inane reply like that.

Did I not say, TWICE, that the volume for EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE GAME was at a comfortable level?  Oh right, I did.

I suggest you get yourself some fucking reading comprehension before you make another inane reply like that.

Oh wow, you dropped the F bomb on me.

I play my game at a reasonable volume as well....and when foot stomp is used, it doesnt shake .y desk or hurt my ears. Maybe your "reasonable volume" isn't the same as mine.

Also....don't cuss at me...so far you have called me a Troll, and dropped the F bomb at me.

And still I am trying to hold a so.ewhat reasonable conversation with you.

I don't take being called a troll lightly, and I take the F bomb even less lightly.

Let's not do this...

Considering the closest thing you've had to a valid suggestion was for me to render all other sounds (including important audio cues I need to play somewhat well) inaudible so this ONE OUTLIER isn't ridiculously loud, I have to question your understanding of the word "reasonable" as well.

Foot Stomp would sound great if it played at the same volume as the rest of the game.  It. Does. NOT.  Start by acknowledging that fact and we can have a reasonable discussion.

My game sounds volume is at 15%; my computer master volume is at 30%, and my speakers are also turned way down.  At those settings ANY other game on my computer would be unplayably quiet.  Don't insult me by claiming I'm somehow playing this game at a loud volume.

Considering the closest thing you've had to a valid suggestion was for me to render all other sounds (including important audio cues I need to play somewhat well) inaudible so this ONE OUTLIER isn't ridiculously loud, I have to question your understanding of the word "reasonable" as well.

Foot Stomp would sound great if it played at the same volume as the rest of the game.  It. Does. NOT.  Start by acknowledging that fact and we can have a reasonable discussion.

My game sounds volume is at 15%; my computer master volume is at 30%, and my speakers are also turned way down.  At those settings ANY other game on my computer would be unplayably quiet.  Don't insult me by claiming I'm somehow playing this game at a loud volume.

I have already stated that the sound is amplified and duplicated. This is intended, as the more enemies hit, the more amplified the sound. This is also what gives this power a great deal of appeal by a great deal of players. This is not in question. However, I do not feel the sound is too loud. Too me it is appropriate and fits the expected sound of somebody smashing their fist or foot to the earth with such force that it cracks the ground beneath and knocks down multiple enemies around me. Perhaps if I played the game at twice the volume, I would find it to be too loud, but then I would simply adjust my volume accordingly.

Now, if I felt as you do, here is what I would honestly do to correct the issue. Keep in mind, I have never been a believer in changing things that other people love....even if what other people love frustrates me. And trust me, Ice Secondary for Blasters is something I hate, frustrates me and want changed. However, it would seem a lot of players like it as it stands, so instead of trying to change it to something else, I have proposed a buff for the set instead. So trust me when I say, I know what it is like to be in your position of not liking something that a lot of players love as is. I have been there right where you are, and I get it.

Now, here is what I would do if I were in your shoes. Since clearly this change is not going to happen without getting a lot of flack from players, I would record the sound of Foot Stomp with maybe 3 NPC's instead of 20. I would then take that file and add it to the file of the game, replacing the existing one. After that, any time a player used Foot Stomp, that player would hear the sound he loves, and I would hear the sound that I love. Everybody is happy in this situation.

It actually sucks for me still, because although you have a way to tone down the sound effect for you, I have no way of getting back the amplified and duplicated sounds that we have already lost in game. I'm still waiting for an option to get those back, and I would gladly do so even if it means I have to put in a bit of work on my end, so nobody else has to suffer the sounds if they do not wish to do so. I would also make the sound bite available for other players who want what I want and post them on these forums.

The point is, you have a way to change them, I have no way to revert them if they get changed.

Couldn't you get original sound files back simply by installing the issue 0 version of the game, extracting the files you want, and then putting those in where they need to be replacing the new ones?

I mean, you'd probably need to do it with COV, GR, and GvE editions to in order to get everything, but that would work right?

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

@OP, also, you've been told twice now there is a way to change the game sounds without anyone else having sounds changed, yet you resist this option like it's the plague, why is that?

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Couldn't you get original sound files back simply by installing the issue 0 version of the game, extracting the files you want, and then putting those in where they need to be replacing the new ones?

I mean, you'd probably need to do it with COV, GR, and GvE editions to in order to get everything, but that would work right?

I honestly don't know. I cannot say one way or the other because I know nothing about how these types of files work. However, if somebody knows how to do this type of thing, and knows how to add in the amplified sounds with the stacking sound effects, I would be more than happy to follow the directions in to regaining the original sound files. I would do it in a split second.

I have actually asked this question once before, and everyone was saying in that thread that you could change sounds, but there was no way to achieve the effect that I am wanting back. So I accepted (since they seemed more knowledgeable than I) that and left it alone.

However, I am secretly hoping somebody finds a way, or the Devs make these things and option for us as players. If there is a real way to achieve this, I'm all over it.

• Retired Game Master

This thread is now locked.

Question asked, solution offered. Thread done. Name calling unnecessary.

I remind you (some of you AGAIN) of the CoC.

"No, really. He's a GM. Don't ask me."

--The Entire Server, probably.