Leveling Pact

Daily

I would love to see Leveling Pact system turned on. 

It was very fun to use with my husband to keep us the same level when he was working and I could play.

If you don't remember what it is, it is when you can connect your character with another person's character (as long as they are level 5 or under, I think it was) and you would share you xp.  Even if only one of the toons was online and playing, it would store half of the xp and give it to the other person when they logged in so that the 2 toons were always the same level.

I remember that they eventually turned it off on the lives servers too, but it would be really fun to have it back.

It hasn't been tried on these servers has it?  I wonder if people would enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later

I know Leandro explained back on the 1st, but I would really like to hear some further word on the Leveling Pact situation.  I've kept several of my characters below level 5 because I'd like to tie them in a Pact, and want to know if there are any plans to get Pacting reinstated.  And if so, would it be possible to remove the level 5 cap?  Maybe pump it up to level 49?

Mainly, I just want to know what priority Leveling Pacts are getting in the queue for repair/maintenance compared to other game features.

Thank you for the answer, Number Six.  I appreciate the promptness and directness.

As much as I would like Leveling Pacts to be restored, I understand you all have so much more pressing concerns on your various plates, which also are apparently being juggled, while spinning, on slender poles.

Although, this does conjure a new idea in my mind:  Feature List Post.  I don't want to add more work to anyone's volunteer duty roster, but if a GM or Admin has a list of the various features and repair tasks, and their priorities, I think that might be a handy bit of material to post publicly for users and fans to consult when questions like this crop up in the future.

Although, this does conjure a new idea in my mind:  Feature List Post.  I don't want to add more work to anyone's volunteer duty roster, but if a GM or Admin has a list of the various features and repair tasks, and their priorities, I think that might be a handy bit of material to post publicly for users and fans to consult when questions like this crop up in the future.

While not a bad idea, IME, this just turns into a list of things for players to then yell about when they don't get done or are not done the way they thought they would be, etc.

Love the idea, but in this cimmunity of extremely emotional and non-technical players, IMO, it might not fly well.

Just my thoughts.

I was thinking about this yesterday.  I have not played one of my toons because my wife has more limited play times.

Thanks for the update all!

Honestly while nice its not a huge deal.  You can always exemplar down to her level, or sk her up to yours and still team up.  So its a nice feature, but its hardly a big loss if we never get it back as CoH has one of the best teaming systems out of any MMO's. 

It's true it's unnecessary to facility paly together, but I think that for the people who used this feature, often couples, there was a certain thrill of being completely in-sync. You'd always ding at the same moment while playing together, for instance. I definitely knew many people who used it, I even used it with a couple friends who I arranged to just play a certain character with. For instance I had a friend who I played with who made a fire/kin at the same time as me, and we designed them as genie sisters. One time one of our friends on the server got stuck with a tough mission - an AV I think - and I logged on and helped with it, just that mission specifically. The leveling pact made sure that I remained right in step with my friend. (I think the no xp feature was created around this time or right after leveling pacts. That would also be an option in this situation now but I think when they went in, it was not.)

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

It's true it's unnecessary to facility paly together, but I think that for the people who used this feature, often couples, there was a certain thrill of being completely in-sync. You'd always ding at the same moment while playing together, for instance. I definitely knew many people who used it, I even used it with a couple friends who I arranged to just play a certain character with. For instance I had a friend who I played with who made a fire/kin at the same time as me, and we designed them as genie sisters. One time one of our friends on the server got stuck with a tough mission - an AV I think - and I logged on and helped with it, just that mission specifically. The leveling pact made sure that I remained right in step with my friend. (I think the no xp feature was created around this time or right after leveling pacts. That would also be an option in this situation now but I think when they went in, it was not.)

Yeah I was using it with a friend when it broke as well.  It's nice, but it definitely shouldn't ever stop anyone from teaming or playing togethor.