New Lore Set Idea : Clones

artphobia

After facing and teaming with personal clones & alternate dimension selves time and again ... it kind of dawned on me (and, no doubt, others)...

Be fun to have a Lore set that were clones of our toon.  Might be more of a cosmetic venture though. The clones powers had would require balance, but would still be fun. Some base power sets that rank roughly with the current one ... ok actually could just port over another Lore set's powers and replace the models.  Just an idea for something new

Has a toon of EVERY prim/sec combination(2062)

After facing and teaming with personal clones & alternate dimension selves time and again ... it kind of dawned on me (and, no doubt, others)...

Be fun to have a Lore set that were clones of our toon.  Might be more of a cosmetic venture though. The clones powers had would require balance, but would still be fun. Some base power sets that rank roughly with the current one ... ok actually could just port over another Lore set's powers and replace the models.  Just an idea for something new

Considering there's a 'doppelganger' enemy group in the game which literally does copy you and your powers, I don't see why this couldn't happen.

I know one of the more entertaining tips you can do as a villain actually has future versions of yourself that you fight, and when I did it on my bots/FF MM he was summoning bots to fight me with. Given that I can't see why it couldn't be done.

Oh god, a Doppleganger set.

*plays Titan/Bio scrapper*

*summons second Titan/Bio scrapper*

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!?

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

Way back on the official, I wrote up a detailed 9-power powerset for masterminds called Duplication. I don't have the whole thing saved anywhere, but the general gist of it was:

Ranged Attacks: just as the Animal Summoning powerset uses "pet-themed" ranged attacks, the Duplication powerset does the same, creating a temporary duplicate of yourself that appears next to your target, punches it in the face, then vanishes. These powers have a chance to placate.

Utility Power: Quick Clone. Creates a weak "non-mastermind" pet that only lasts a short while and deals relatively little damage with a brawl attack, but his attacks have a chance to taunt. You can produce multiple Quick Clones at once via repeated activation. They can fly if you can.

Tier 1 Pet: Replicants. Basic brawling/boxing pets. Gains kick and tough with upgrade 1, weave and cross punch with upgrade 2. All attacks have a chance to taunt. They can fly if you can.

Tier 2 Pet: Dopplegangers. Have some limited ability to duplicate themselves, allowing them to use the same "pet-themed" ranged attacks you possess. They can fly if you can.

Tier 3 Pet: Second Self. In addition to gaining your ranged attacks, this pet also gains some of the powers from your secondary powerset. They have the first two powers by default, gain the next two powers with the first upgrade, then the second two powers from the second. If you get defeated while your Second Self is still standing, your second self "takes over" as the new you: you switch places with the second self while your hitpoints become equal to his and he gets defeated in your place. This sheds whatever aggro you had. Like all your duplicates, it can fly if you can.

No way, I already had to chase a clone of myself that was wreaking havoc all over Paragon City!

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster

If you have your own server, there is a GM command to spawn a set of doppelgangers of the character you are playing. You get 8 or so level 50 bosses with your powers and they appear in different sizes with variations on your costume. I think the number may change because one time I could swear it was just 5, but maybe some were too small to notice right away.

Anyway, while playing around with various God-mode options on a server, I was able to create a Mastermind with ALL the pets and powers, then spawned a doppelganger and ended up creating a gaggle of doppelgangers, each able to spawn all the MM pets and spam all the MM buffs/debuffs and I was facing an unbeatable mass of pets and MMs.

Here's what the doppelgangers look like when my blaster spawned them:

KQCBCEt.jpg

It occurred to me that a GM on Homecoming could easily do this in a hazard zone and annouce a call for all heroes to try to defeat the mob. The best tactic I could discern is to slowly pull the MM's away from the main group so you could kill them one at a time, but that's tricky to do when each can spawn over 30 pets.

• Like 1