Booked against my will

Heraclea

I clicked on Number Six out of curiosity, wanting to know his backstory and info.  Helped someone on an obviously broken mission before, and I was curious.  I specifically did not volunteer to do any of his broken and unplayable missions versus Imperial whatnot, and have less than zero interest in running them.  I specifically declined to take missions from him.

Now, in my contacts list, he has a book, indicating that I'm on a story arc from him.

How do I clear this without actually running his broken twaddle?  Do I have to wait three days for every one of them to clear?  How long is this?  Is there another way to be free of him?

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

While this has never happened to me, I've always been worried that simply clicking on/talking to a contact who would happen to have a story arc available would do exactly that, even if I never asked about missions. Now my worry has been made manifest!

On another note, um, yes please, elaborate (or link to elaboration) of possible Number Six issues if you could? I'm still waffling about in low levels and my memory isn't terribly clear on him from all those years ago... I believe I only ever did high level Praetoria stuff with one character, anyway. Not sure if I ever completed Number Six's stuff. I'd appreciate any clarification!

Odd.  It has been my understanding that the little book only means that a story mission is currently available.  If you haven't run a mission for the contact then it probably means that the contact is set to give you the first story mission directly instead of making you run through a set of possibly random missions before introducing his story.  Not that you actually started something.

There is no way that I know of to turn the "book" off except to do the mission set or outlevel the content (which I imagine isn't happening to a level 50 contact).  But you can consider it the same as a web site tagging "hot," "featured," or whatever on what they want you to look at.  The book means there is more story here.  If you aren't interested then just ignore it.

It's not inconceivable that a support ticket might do the trick (if I am using the word inconceivable correctly)

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I've run all of his missions twice and none seem broken. What is the issue with them?

It may be typical incarnates garbage, possibly soloable but definitely unteamable.  I needed a quick second mission once and got conned into a Belladonna Vetrano arc, an experience I do not care to repeat.  I expect it's like the rest of that twaddle, full of confuse and terrorize and psi nukes, with missions that move the goalposts once inside.  You do not want a team, you do not want bosses, and you want everything to spawn at -1, which isn't how I usually roll.  Actually running the missions will be a grim slog. 

Mission that was the problem was three Avatar of Hamidon AVs spawning together in one mission that would incomprehensibly spawn vines that would one shot everybody.  If there was a strategy we were supposed to use, nothing in the mission suggested it and no one discovered it.  Eventually some NPCs appeared, shone green light on them, and then they were four fifths dead and we eventually killed them.  Might be doable with fewer of these mobs spawning as EBs. 

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

It's not inconceivable that a support ticket might do the trick (if I am using the word inconceivable correctly)

Soooo tempted to drop in a Vizzini GIF or meme, but I'm stuck at work...  :P

I dangled the bait and you just can't bite...you know what that is...it's inconceivable

giphy.gif

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

[...]

Mission that was the problem was three Avatar of Hamidon AVs spawning together in one mission that would incomprehensibly spawn vines that would one shot everybody.  If there was a strategy we were supposed to use, nothing in the mission suggested it and no one discovered it.  Eventually some NPCs appeared, shone green light on them, and then they were four fifths dead and we eventually killed them.  Might be doable with fewer of these mobs spawning as EBs.

Maybe the are a bit overtuned as AVs when you face them in a team but as EBs the are not that difficulty.

I have run the story arcs now twice at a +4/x8 setting with a Dominator and a Stalker and the final mission from the Number Six story arc with the 3 Avatar of Hamidon EBs don't give me a headache. I found fighting in one of the smaller rooms in the subway station and the warehous are harder with the proxy agro.....

Here is the fight from my Ice/Shield Stalker pov:

without NPC help

If you choose the help with the npc army the fight would be IMO absolutely trivialized if you fight at Elite Bosses lvl.

Soooo tempted to drop in a Vizzini GIF or meme, but I'm stuck at work...  :P

I dangled the bait and you just can't bite...you know what that is...it's inconceivable

giphy.gif

You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

I've run all of his missions twice and none seem broken. What is the issue with them?

It may be typical incarnates garbage, possibly soloable but definitely unteamable.  I needed a quick second mission once and got conned into a Belladonna Vetrano arc, an experience I do not care to repeat.  I expect it's like the rest of that twaddle, full of confuse and terrorize and psi nukes, with missions that move the goalposts once inside.  You do not want a team, you do not want bosses, and you want everything to spawn at -1, which isn't how I usually roll.  Actually running the missions will be a grim slog. 

Ah, so not actually broken, just content you don't enjoy. Afraid I don't think there's anything you can do to clear the story arc book other than contact a GM and ask them to clear the arc from you. I tried calling Number Six with a fresh 50 and didn't get the story arc book on him, even after clicking around a bunch. Maybe it's because you did a mission for him in a team once for some reason? Seems weird that the arc would open for you without actually doing any of the missions yourself.

Ah, so not actually broken, just content you don't enjoy. Afraid I don't think there's anything you can do to clear the story arc book other than contact a GM and ask them to clear the arc from you. I tried calling Number Six with a fresh 50 and didn't get the story arc book on him, even after clicking around a bunch. Maybe it's because you did a mission for him in a team once for some reason? Seems weird that the arc would open for you without actually doing any of the missions yourself.

I knocked out the arc this morning. The single Avatar was not impossibly hard, and I just burned an autocomplete on Face Hamidon's Fury.  Though if I never see any of those floaty Augur things that are happy to just float there and attack you from across the room, it will still be too soon.

I generally do as little as possible from out of the Vanguard base on Heraclea.  Heraclea HATES the Vanguard, and considers them all to be villains not much better than Malta Group.