Base Passcode... is it working?

So, I set up my Supergroup permissions so that teammates can enter my base.

However, they can only do so if I'm the team leader. Which is odd... the game use to show the base of everyone on the team and you could enter anyone's base even if they weren't the team leader, as long as they had their permissions set to let teammates enter.

And now, there is the passcode attached to the base portal. As far as I can tell, it does nothing. I see no way to set a passcode.

So, anyone know what SCoRE did to bases in this regard?

Base permissions have to be set to allow team members.  It's at the bottom of the big list of permissions that every sg leader should be setting when they create their sg.  The default is to NOT allow team members into your base. 

As far as the passcode goes... I think this should allow anyone with the code to enter the base, whether they are on a member's team or not.  My memory is foggy, but I want to say this was implemented so that leagues could run certain trials (I'm looking at you, CoP) without having an sg member as the leader for every team.

It seems to be an optional thing. I suspect there is a command for it, but I didn't see it in the i25 patch notes.

• Like 1

I don't think you read the post well, Impish Kat.

Zombie Man said "I set up my Supergroup permissions so that teammates can enter my base.

However, they can only do so if I'm the team leader. "

He already has set permissions, they're not working normally. I haven't actually teamed with anyone since I got a base up and running. I searched in the 84 page patch notes for anything about a base access code and there's nothing in there. This may be something that's Not Working As Intended.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I don't think you read the post well, Impish Kat.

Zombie Man said "I set up my Supergroup permissions so that teammates can enter my base.

However, they can only do so if I'm the team leader. "

He already has set permissions, they're not working normally. I haven't actually teamed with anyone since I got a base up and running. I searched in the 84 page patch notes for anything about a base access code and there's nothing in there. This may be something that's Not Working As Intended.

Oh!  I'm sorry, you're right. 

That's what happens when I stay up until ogoditsearly in the morning.  :facepalm:

Yah, I couldn't find the code stuff in the patch notes either. I think that it would be an excellent way to allow leagues to run trials through a base.  If there is a command to change the passcode, you could conceivably create a "guest code" for the trial, then switch it to a "member code" afterwards.

Oh!  I'm sorry, you're right. 

That's what happens when I stay up until ogoditsearly in the morning.  :facepalm:

Did you get the level? That's the important thing.

But seriously has anyone else tested this? Is it a ZMan problem or are all the permitted bases only allowing owner lead teams to enter? If no one has had the chance I'll recruit a team in atlas and just test it real quick when I get home. Heck I can troll for compliments on the layout while they're in there.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Side Q (assuming I remember to read it),

What if you say...forget the code you put in because you didn't know WTF it was for? :p

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Found the command by using /cmdlist and looking at the resulting chat log in game folder...

sg_enter_passcode                                Enter a supergroup base access passcode.

Haven't tried it yet.

I would assume that you can reset your passcode by simply entering a new one to overwrite the old... maybe?

Found the command by using /cmdlist and looking at the resulting chat log in game folder...

sg_enter_passcode                                Enter a supergroup base access passcode.

Haven't tried it yet.

I would assume that you can reset your passcode by simply entering a new one to overwrite the old... maybe?

That command is just the command version of clicking on the base teleporter. It says it takes 0 arguments, so, it can't be the way a passcode is set.

can you change permissions after you set it up? Im looking and cant find it

Supergroup window > settings > click on the part of the form that says permissions.

Z-MAN! There's a name I haven't seen in forever! How have you been?

Swell!

.....I see no way to set a passcode....

To set up your SG code, type:

/sgpasscode YourCodeWordHere

the game will then accept that with the addition of your sg ID# (YourCodeWordHere-###)

*anyone* with the passcode can enter your base.

• Like 2

@Kismet

@KlSMET - (kLsmet)

@Kismette

@Kismet Angel/@Angel of Fate/@One Kismet - on live

Heroes on Guardian/Villains on Victory

That command is just the command version of clicking on the base teleporter. It says it takes 0 arguments, so, it can't be the way a passcode is set.

huh... well there goes that thought

the game will then accept that with the addition of your sg ID# (YourCodeWordHere-###)

Cool!

I take it you've used this function?  Has anyone else tried it yet?

Cool!

I take it you've used this function?  Has anyone else tried it yet?

Yea, I've had an alt create a base so I can port to Pocket D and Echo:Galaxy, for the Ouroboros port.  My new sgless alts can access it.

@Kismet

@KlSMET - (kLsmet)

@Kismette

Yea, I've had an alt create a base so I can port to Pocket D and Echo:Galaxy, for the Ouroboros port.  My new sgless alts can access it.

awesome!

FYI, I saw someone post in Discord that you can invite your alts to your sg... I think the command was /altinvite

Thanks!

So... even non-teammates can use that code to get in? E.g., if I give teammates the code to get in and then we disband, then the next day, one of those players can still use the passcode to enter my base?

Thanks!

So... even non-teammates can use that code to get in? E.g., if I give teammates the code to get in and then we disband, then the next day, one of those players can still use the passcode to enter my base?

Just tested it on another box and account, and yes indeed, anyone with the passcode can enter at any time.

Also, it's not case sensitive in case anyone wants to know.

Just tested it on another box and account, and yes indeed, anyone with the passcode can enter at any time.

Also, it's not case sensitive in case anyone wants to know.

okay... so can it be overwritten?

So you could have a "guest passcode" for the length of your missions/trials/tours... a short term code, if you will

And then have a "member passcode" for the rest of the time... ???

So you could have a "guest passcode" for the length of your missions/trials/tours... a short term code, if you will

It can be overwritten and not counting the setting to allow teammates access if you're the team leader, no, no 'guest'/temporary passcode that I know of.

@Kismet

@KlSMET - (kLsmet)

@Kismette

Ok getting back to the top of the question, I went to do some testings on base access but actually ... when I went to do the settings myself, the permission specifically states allow guests into the base when you are the LEADER of the team. So it's actually working correctly; I didn't remember it working that way. I thought it was any teammate of a team I'm on.

What may be confusing both Zombie Man and myself is advanced old age is having a lot of memories of teaming with people in supergroups we were in coalitions with. Those people had free access all the time and in my extended play circle everyone coalitioned to make sure every small group had all the resources they needed.

... no 'guest'/temporary passcode that I know of.

What I mean is.... You can overwrite it for a temporary "guest code", and then overwrite it again for the "member code".... if it can be done as many times as desired.

This is something that definitely has to be updated on the i25 branch. It'd be so much easier to have a button to allow:

- teammates

- leaguemates

- friends

into one's base.

If you need to grant someone permission to enter on a temp basis, friend them, and then when their done, kick them off your friend list.

If you need to grant someone permission to enter on a temp basis, friend them, and then when their done, kick them off your friend list.

I get what you're saying for the first part, but this seems.... unnecessarily rude.  I understand that's not the intention, but it just feels weird.