First draft of a Set build for my Elec/Elec

Generator

Hey folks,

So my first Sentinel is level 39 now, and I think it's time to start actually planning out a set-based build.  The first result is below.  I could use any constructive feedback anyone's got to give.  I'm certainly amenable to changing out sets used and such if that will yield a better result, but I'd really like to keep the powers I'm using as they are (number of slots each one gets, again, I'm fine with some changes).

Thanks!

Later on,

Generator

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 2.22

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Ann Ionic: Level 50 Mutation Sentinel

Primary Power Set: Electrical Blast

Secondary Power Set: Electric Armor

Power Pool: Flight

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Concealment

Power Pool: Teleportation

Ancillary Pool: Electricity Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Charged Bolts -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg(A), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Dvs-Dmg/Rchg(21), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Dvs-Hold%(37)

Level 1: Charged Armor -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(3), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), RctArm-ResDam(21)

Level 2: Lightning Bolt -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(50)

Level 4: Fly -- Frb-Stlth(A)

Level 6: Ball Lightning -- Ann-Acc/Dmg(A), Ann-Dmg/Rchg(7), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Ann-ResDeb%(50)

Level 8: Zapping Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(11), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)

Level 10: Charged Shield -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(11), NmnCnv-Heal(42)

Level 12: Tesla Cage -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(15), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)

Level 14: Energize -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(15), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(23), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(31)

Level 16: Static Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Ags-ResDam(42), Ags-Psi/Status(43)

Level 18: Conductive Shield -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), TtnCtn-ResDam(27), TtnCtn-EndRdx(29)

Level 20: Grounded -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)

Level 22: Combat Jumping -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), LucoftheG-Rchg+(46)

Level 24: Aim -- GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(A), GssSynFr--Build%(48)

Level 26: Short Circuit -- EffAdp-EndMod(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(27), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(29), EffAdp-Acc/Rchg(31), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc(40), EffAdp-EndMod/EndRdx(45)

Level 28: Lightning Reflexes -- Flight-I(A)

Level 30: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)

Level 32: Thunderous Blast -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(34)

Level 35: Power Sink -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(36), EffAdp-EndMod/EndRdx(37)

Level 38: Power Surge -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(39), Lck-Rchg/Hold(39), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(39), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(40), Lck-%Hold(40)

Level 41: Chain Fences -- EnfOpr-Acc/Rchg(A), EnfOpr-EndRdx/Immob(42), EnfOpr-Immob/Rng(43), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob/Rchg(45)

Level 44: Paralyzing Jolt -- RopADop-Acc/Rchg(A), RopADop-EndRdx/Stun(45), RopADop-Acc/EndRdx(46), RopADop-Stun/Rng(48)

Level 47: Rehabilitating Circuit -- Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(48), Prv-Absorb%(50)

Level 49: Recall Friend -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(13), PrfShf-End%(19)

------------

Alright, so we're keeping powers as they are. Let's see here. I will recommend enhancement boosting a lot b/c it's an effective way to save slots.

- Move a slot out of Stamina and into Health, put in Panacea proc.

- On charged bolts, personally, I'd ignore the Chance of Hold IO and use Acc/Dam/End/Rech instead. Chance of hold can only affect a minion. I would also deeply consider putting Superior Opportunity Strikes here, since in general the single-target ranged sets aren't that good.

- Your AoE defense isn't much, so I'd just keep Chance for -Res and swap the other five pieces out for Posi's Blast on Ball Lightning

- I'd switch to two 50+5 generic health IOs on Charged Shield, and consider generic endmod if you're having any endurance problems at all. (Though I doubt it, you're toggle light.)

- I prefer two or three 50+5 Heal/Recharge on Energize, frankenslotted

- Try to get Gladiator's Armor in a resistance slot for another +3% Def

- Aim really doesn't need a To-Hit enh -- I'd just use a generic +5 Recharge there, maybe two.

- Some actual defense slotting in CJ would be beneficial.

- There's no benefit in any of your flight enhancements. Fly is already over the non-afterburner speed cap with nothing in it.

- Actual defense slotting in stealth would be good too.

- Short Circuit is probably where you could best recover slots with boosting. Not sure you need six slots there with all the end drain you have.

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

Sunsette,

Thanks so much for your feedback.  Let me try and run the list, see if I can address/acknowledge a few points.

- Slot to Health for Panacea: sounds good, I'll check it out.

- Charged Bolts, I hadn't thought about that. A swap to the A/D/E/R piece sounds good, or if I need to grab a slot for other purposes I may leave that as Devastation 4-pc (unless I move Opportunity Strikes here, which I might).

- Ball Lightning: good point on the sets, I'll definitely look at it for v2.  (Side note: when you 5-pc Posi's, which piece do you skip?  I vacillate between the proc and the Dmg/Range.)

- Charged Shield: my intent had been to grab up the set bonuses in Numina's.  End isn't really an issue, I use enough Power Sink to do right by my blue bar,  so I don't think I need to put any EndMod pieces in here (I don't think I was even aware it can take EndMod enhancers).

- On Energize, again, I was going for the set bonuses.  I'll see how I feel about your approach, but if I don't do that, I might see if I can take DW up to 5 pieces for the +Recharge.

- Gladiator's +3% I will find a place to stick that in.  Haven't yet got my brain wrapped around the idea that PVP IOs are attainable.

- For Aim, again, I was going for the +Dmg set bonus.  It's not huge but every little bit helps.

- Slotting Def in CJ, Stealth.  Really?  the base values always seemed a little too small to bother.  Hell half the time I don't even run stealth in combat.  Again, I'll take another look.

- If you mean the standard FltSpd IOs in my passives (Swift and Lightning Reflexes), those are certainly replaceable, I hadn't actually looked at the flight speed tab in Pine's before you mentioned this.

- Short Circuit: I will definitely look here if I need to cannibalize a few slots.

Thanks so much for the feedback.  It'll go a long way towards a v2 of this build.  Much appreciated.

Generator

For Posi's, I usually skip Dam/Rech at 50 because I have ridiculous recharges and I like the extra range.

Re: CJ/Stealth. The def bonuses are small, but they do really add up with enough of them. Two 50+5s and they're 2.75% defense to all, almost as good as those IOs.

I'm generally not impressed with +dam set bonuses and ignore that they exist for the most part because they're dwarfed by effects like Musculature, but I don't feel that strongly about my opinion.

You also don't need to slot Fly in Fly if you did -- can't remember. Just slot whatever you like, a lot of people put a Stealth IO here.

You're very welcome. :)

OP, we keep showing up on each other's posts. My E3 sent is lvl 37, slotted with basic IOs. And as this is my first real build so I have to learn about slotting and sets. Couple quick questions as I'm wondering how to fit all I might need/want into my build...

No hasten, Is recharge not an issue?

No fighting pool, is your survivability good enough without or no room for it? 

No leadership, same as fighting is there no room or didn't need it?

Without powersink how is your end? Do you have/or had any issues? How did you resolve if so?

Power surge is the make you look like an electric monster power right? Is it useful to you? What is it like? I don't have that yet.

And In general what are your thoughts so far with the elec build? 

And general questions to anyone...

If I put a stealth IO in Sprint or fly will that up defense or just make harder to detect? Can I be stealthed enough in missions with that? 

Also I like having fly/hover with my playstyle on this toon. Most missions I hover but sometimes it does not work well, as in tight caves or enclosed small Hall's like orenbega. Would it be a waste to also have CJ for when I don't want to hover? And how do you slot hover/CJ.

Stealth IOs just make you harder to detect. Unless you have surplus of slots, I recommend putting jut in a sprint and binding the sprint to a key for when you're out of combat, toggling it off during. A stealth IO will make it as if you ate 30 feet farther away for the purposes of being detected.

CJ and Hover are an ok combo... for defense. No reason to toggle hover off. Bind prestige jump jets for extra speed in short bursts.

I usually spend four slots on Hover: Fly, Fly/End, Defense, and Defense/Global Recharge, but that last is pretty pricey. 

• Like 1

If there is one thing that being slot starved has shown me is that the gains from Hover are so small that we can leave it with just the LotG 7.5%. Now if we are *not* slot starved then some extra set bonuses won't go amiss, but I don't know what it is not to be slot starved anymore (maybe I should stick to sets like SR 😄 ).

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 7:29 AM, graeberguinn said:

OP, we keep showing up on each other's posts. My E3 sent is lvl 37, slotted with basic IOs. And as this is my first real build so I have to learn about slotting and sets. Couple quick questions as I'm wondering how to fit all I might need/want into my build...

No hasten, Is recharge not an issue?

No fighting pool, is your survivability good enough without or no room for it? 

No leadership, same as fighting is there no room or didn't need it?

Without powersink how is your end? Do you have/or had any issues? How did you resolve if so?

Power surge is the make you look like an electric monster power right? Is it useful to you? What is it like? I don't have that yet.

And In general what are your thoughts so far with the elec build? 

Hey there,

So I only saw this today, here's a few answers.

Hasten/Fighting/Leadership: all of this falls under the same general category for me.  I can get by okay without it, so on my first run-through of a new build, I tend to skip it unless it's absolutely vital.

Power Sink: without it, yes, endurance can get a little dodgy.  All the usual end management tips apply (slot EndRdx, put all the usual special IOs in Health and Stamina, etc.), but to be honest, I resolved it by leveling up and getting Power SInk. 😁

Yes, Power Surge is the one that makes you look like the Cap au Diable Gremlins. Its usefulness depends on how you feel about T9s in general.  If you feel like you're in a tough jam, especially if you're gonna face Toxic damage, this is probably your best bet.  Fire this off, and you have three minutes to settle the bill.  Once it's done, you count on the EMP to lock things down until you can recover.

My thoughts so far are that she's a lot of fun.  Ann plays differently from both my Elec^2 Blaster and Brute, and that's a good thing.  She's a little stalled right now though, as I'm trying to push a few other characters up to 50 (including the aforementioned Blaster), but I have no doubt I'll get back to business with her sooner than later.

Edited by Generator