Fighting Pool?

Jags

Did not take them on mine.  No need of them to serve as mules for IO buffs, being /Willpower I had both resistance and defense in my secondary.  Not a fan of taking a useless melee attack.  Not building a heavy here. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

You absolutly want them to soft cap defense. Unless you are going for maybe a glass cannon? Then why not just play a blaster? Yes you can skip them as this game lets you build however you want but I have not seen a decent build without them.

I take tough. I want all the def I can get.

While tough can't be take without taking boxing or kick first, kick was just perfect for my vigilante DP. when they've got a sliver of health left after eating bullets, I walk up to them and give the the boot. makes me smile every time. =)

I may end up taking them on my Pistols/Rad sentinel, my second sentinel project.  She plays a bit closer to the action than the Water/WP, who has many tricks to keep too friendly mobs at a distance. 

Remake of a blaster I had in i23.  I get to re-use what I consider my masterpiece of bios that are brief and to the point:

FuFZUQq.jpg

Then again, the first sentinel I took to 50 has another good short one:

nzyGMiw.jpg

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I take the fighting pool if I think it can make me really durable. If I don't think that's really possible, I skip it. My fire/fire sentinel doesn't have it, nor do I plan to respec into it as i can't really imagine making a build which will make him outright tough. I'll live with him healing up his boo boos. 

My SR, WP, and nin sentinels all have it, and are quite durable (or will be once I get all the IOs slotted on my /nin one).