Say hi, get welcomed!

1 hour ago, Christopher Robin said:

<--- Remembers the City Scoop.

Heya Innovator (a.k.a. Dika Wolf) welcome back the best part of the forums.

Nice artz you have there too, lots of great details. zb7XgP0P_o.png

In the first one I'm guessing that Skull rolled a 1 and failed his "Save vs. Irony" check. 07K1tHnz_o.png

The second is morbid and creepifying all rolled into one. Also I get the "DIE" spelled in blocks and Tragedy Ann

but a few questions come to mind... first is the upside down G just an extra letter or is it Anne G like Angie?

2nd does the HEX refer to her powers or something else? Also the straight jacket seems to be falling

in the shape of either a W-I or a W-! is that just coincidence? Also I have seen a colorful spinning

top just like that one in my Grandma's basement. That combined with all the toys positioned

to be in shock means she cared enough to stage them. So extra creep out points there. :classic_ohmy:

Finally, ONOZ Raggedy Andy! You can't just die like that! Seriously not like that!

....do you have any idea how hard it is to get blood out of tile grout?? rs4wmRnk_o.gif

First one: Yes, and also cause a bunch of biting Skulls is what the Spectral Wounds power in the Illusion set always looked like to me.

Second one: Hex refers to the CoH player Hex-Girl (and famous CoH forumite) who played the Raggedy Anne Villain on CoV. That piece was sort of a gift to her. Every CoH artist back then did a piece for her. The extra G was a removal from Raggedy when it was changed to Tragedy. The straight jacket was a coincidence. I used a reference for the straight jacket and that strap just happened to form a W for some reason.

Edited by Innovator
  • Like 1

AKA Dika Wolf (on the old CoH forums)

Currently playing: Virtualman on Indomitable.

Hi there

Just discovered this part of the forum and thought I'd stop by. I've been a frequent visitor to the Roleplaying part of this form for a while and in there posted several story snippets about my set of characters in CoH - the Kallisti Girls. I've posted a link to that in one of the story threads. My CoH characters are essentially all the same person, but from different time lines who have been dragged into 'this one' due to an accident the original Kallisti in this timeline - Kallisti Gold - had with a Crey Portal generator.

Kallisti Gold was the first character I created on live back in 2004 and my first lvl 50 on live. Since we came back, I've got 5 of them to 50 and another 10 or so of them at various levels between mid-30s and 2 🙂 My current favourite is Kallisti the Friar, a staff/SR Brute (but don't let Kallisti Gold hear me say that, she'll get jealous!) and I've spent the last month or so collecting badges on her and got up over 1300 at the time of writing.

I commissioned some art works for KG back in the day and I enjoy writing stories and scenes around the various interactions between the Kallistis - they are all very different personalities due to their different timelines and its fun bouncing ideas between them.

Of course, Kallisti Gold is immensely proud that there is a zone named after her (at least that is her belief) and since Kallisti the Janitor turned up a few months ago, the Everlasting version of the zone has never been neater and tidier! She does pop up occasionally when there are Costume Contents to nag people to not leave a mess.

• Like 3

The Kallistiverse COH site:

https://kallistiverse.mardona.com/coh/

2 hours ago, Mistyr said:

@Innovator I remember that first picture from those old newsletters! Had a bit of a squee moment there. Welcome back!

@kallistiuk I  flew past your Friar the other day in Grandville and thought "I wonder if she's the one from the RP forums?"

Thanks! Squee moments are what I live for. 😂

• Like 2

AKA Dika Wolf (on the old CoH forums)

Currently playing: Virtualman on Indomitable.

19 hours ago, kallistiuk said:

Hi there

Just discovered this part of the forum and thought I'd stop by. I've been a frequent visitor to the Roleplaying part of this form for a while and in there posted several story snippets about my set of characters in CoH - the Kallisti Girls. I've posted a link to that in one of the story threads. My CoH characters are essentially all the same person, but from different time lines who have been dragged into 'this one' due to an accident the original Kallisti in this timeline - Kallisti Gold - had with a Crey Portal generator.

Kallisti Gold was the first character I created on live back in 2004 and my first lvl 50 on live. Since we came back, I've got 5 of them to 50 and another 10 or so of them at various levels between mid-30s and 2 🙂 My current favourite is Kallisti the Friar, a staff/SR Brute (but don't let Kallisti Gold hear me say that, she'll get jealous!) and I've spent the last month or so collecting badges on her and got up over 1300 at the time of writing.

I commissioned some art works for KG back in the day and I enjoy writing stories and scenes around the various interactions between the Kallistis - they are all very different personalities due to their different timelines and its fun bouncing ideas between them.

Of course, Kallisti Gold is immensely proud that there is a zone named after her (at least that is her belief) and since Kallisti the Janitor turned up a few months ago, the Everlasting version of the zone has never been neater and tidier! She does pop up occasionally when there are Costume Contents to nag people to not leave a mess.

Think I said it elsewhere but Heya again @kallistiuk and welcome to the best part of the forums! zb7XgP0P_o.png

I am several stories into your Kallisti Girls page, so far so good!

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 3

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

• 1 month later

Hello everybody, I just spent an hour going over the art threads and am quite impressed, so I figured I'd better say hi. I go by the name Agent Canada for most things gaming and while you won't recognize me form the old CoH forums, a few of you might know me from the various private SG forums I used to belong to.  I'm an amateur artist myself and used to offer free character art in themed lotteries. I ran the majority of these under the name of Hawkbrand in the A.S.T.S. supergroup, but also ran a few as All-Star Crusader in the Golden Age Heroes and finally as the Red Automaton in the All-star Legends. A few of you may even know me from the Champions Online forums, after the closure of course. Not sure if I should put a sample here, but this is my girlfriend's character.

AC

Alienix-01.thumb.jpg.6e706f8bca0559a11f9696e9dafe53f7.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Agent Canada said:

Hello everybody, I just spent an hour going over the art threads and am quite impressed, so I figured I'd better say hi. I go by the name Agent Canada for most things gaming and while you won't recognize me form the old CoH forums, a few of you might know me from the various private SG forums I used to belong to.  I'm an amateur artist myself and used to offer free character art in themed lotteries. I ran the majority of these under the name of Hawkbrand in the A.S.T.S. supergroup, but also ran a few as All-Star Crusader in the Golden Age Heroes and finally as the Red Automaton in the All-star Legends. A few of you may even know me from the Champions Online forums, after the closure of course. Not sure if I should put a sample here, but this is my girlfriend's character.

AC

Alienix-01.thumb.jpg.6e706f8bca0559a11f9696e9dafe53f7.jpg

Hello and welcome! Awesome skills you have 👍

• Like 1

Hey there Agent Canada, I was not in any of those other SG's but I do remember you from Deviant Art like a decade ago.

It's not easy to forget such a distinct inking style. Welcome to The New 62 and best part of the forums. zb7XgP0P_o.png

Yeah it's kind of strange that many of the more known artists and collectors from Live still haven't made their way

here (or are here in stealth mode and avoiding posting) but a bunch of people who never used to post in the

old 606 are here and active already. I'm happy to see all the creativity that's happening here either way.

• Like 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

Yeah DA is hard at work trying to become facebook it seems. They had a winning formula and became

the largest art site on the planet but now there are so many dead accounts (the grey names with a strike through)

there that it gets a little frustrating as many of those artists didn't leave a forwarding or hint as to where they were headed.

Rather than posting a link in a journal or shoutbox and leaving it as a heads up for others to find they purposefully kill their accounts to make

a statement and now if I want to continue seeing their new work I have to go searching on ArtStation, Instagram, Patreon etc. for them.

Don't me wrong it is still a good site with a ton of great art and they do several things well I just think they are heading in the wrong direction.

• Sad 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

• 4 weeks later

Wow, found my way back to my favorite place from CoH forums.  Hello everyone!  I recognize Christopher Robin from the old forum and most definitely the art posted by someone else by RichardioVascular.  Loved his work and was so thrilled when he did  a piece of Dark Lilac!   I attached one of the arts he did for me.

I can't remember what my forum name was back then but I think she is the character that was drawn most often either for free or paid for. 

Anyway, nice to see some art again! 😄

Dark_Lilac_by_Richardiovascular.jpg

Edited by DarkLilac
  • Like 5