Say hi, get welcomed!

Trying to think what else this section of the forums could use to

help get it off the ground. I'm thinking a welcome thread might be a fun add.

This thread is pretty much what it says on the tin... are you just finding your way here?

Say hi and get welcomed. 🖐️🙂

• Thanks 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

Welcome home to our game reborn and the (new) best part of the forums Philotic Knight and I love that song!

Welcome back to you as well Zemya (I am still tempted to call you Temerous Nox cuz that is how you signed your art 07K1tHnz_o.png), did your new tablet arrive?

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

Well the old standby is GIMP but there are several

new contenders for the crown of best free app.

Overall I would suggest you look into

#1 Krita - Gets a lot of press as being the best of the free digital paint tools.

#2 Medibang - Lightweight and more simple but still fairly robust.

#3 Sketchbook Pro - Officially licensed COPICS w00t!

Caveat on SBp though. It used to be a paid program it went free a while back but it makes you

login and be connected to their server at all times (unless they have changed this recently) which most

likely means that they are collecting information on you and selling it so while it is technically "free" in that you

don't have to pay for it... you have become the product they are profiting from, so it's not truly free

in the fullest sense of the word. That said it has the closest thing you can get digitally to

a full set of Copic Markers (that never run dry) and it's pretty hard to deny the value in that.

For a small upfront investment there is also Paint Tool SAI v2 and Mischief for your consideration.

Many people love SAI for it's brushes and Mischief is all vector based so nothing loses quality with scaling...

also they have the whole crazy "infinite canvas" thing which you kind of have to see to believe. There are  youtube vids.

Anywho those are my thoughts on it. There are a few others like M$ Paint (it's trying to get better) and FireAlpaca (too buggy

and unstable when last I tried it but it may have improved) and the aforementioned GIMP but those are the big names as best I know.

• Thanks 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

I doodle casually and am definitely not an artist, but the art forums were my favorite place to hang out when the game was live; so much creativity and beauty being produced, it was really fun to see it all.

A fond memory: there was a great thread where everyone who posted got assigned a tarot card to design involving a character of theirs; I got Wheel of Fortune, and here is the 2006 sketch that I managed to salvage from Photobucket

For fun, this is an absolutely incredible drawing of my old Virtue toon "Life and Death" done very kindly for practice by artist Richardiovascular (managed to find him on DA but no idea if he is active); I don't know where you're at now, but your stuff is amazing and I hope you are successful

• Like 2

Hi, I buy some art.  Okay a lot of art before old hands throw things at me >.>

My spending has toned down but I still get some, and I'll still be here sharing artists I like, commissions, and letting people know about artists available on a budget 🙂  I might do some freebie Terrible Art in a few months. My poor abused 2 in 1 tablet laptop is dying(battery casing is cracked) and my most viable vector on screen drawing solution seems to be Infinite Design on an android tablet as ipads with pencil support and samsungs with s-pen are still upwards of $300. So there may be scariness and practice needed. 🙂

• Like 1

Welcome home Midnight Blue Mage.

Did you post under a different name on the live forums?

Your name doesn't ring a bell from the old 606. Nice job making the Wheel of Fortune into

one of those spin the wheel and throw the deadly bladed implement contraptions.

That is some sweet inking work on that piece. I remember Rich Vang... don't think he has been active since about 2015-16. At least not on DA.

He does have a big folder of CoH stuff with a lot of the usual suspects in it though (i.e. Thor's Assassin, WP, Mardun, Pep Rally, Kilo etc).

-----------------

Heya Kai. Welcome back to the best part of the new forums!

Glad you got your name sorted ( I see you were Kage) and thanks for posting that sale, by all means let others know of any deals you come

across and you should totally put up a thread to showcase your art collection. Oh and "some art" lol! You were one of only 5 people

to get a commission from me that one time I decided to open for comms back on Live, now that's a true connoisseur. 07K1tHnz_o.png 

Kai colored.png

P.S. If you meant case of the battery, those are easy and cheap to replace in most notebooks,

if you meant the shell that holds the battery in like the laptops case itself... well there is always duct tape. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

• Like 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

On 7/26/2019 at 4:25 PM, Christopher Robin said:

Welcome home Midnight Blue Mage.

Did you post under a different name on the live forums?

Your name doesn't ring a bell from the old 606. Nice job making the Wheel of Fortune into

one of those spin the wheel and throw the deadly bladed implement contraptions.

That is some sweet inking work on that piece. I remember Rich Vang... don't think he has been active since about 2015-16. At least not on DA.

He does have a big folder of CoH stuff with a lot of the usual suspects in it though (i.e. Thor's Assassin, WP, Mardun, Pep Rally, Kilo etc).

-----------------

Yes, I am pretty sure I went by RobtheSwordsman in those times but honestly that might not be the right one, my memory is fuzzy. Either way, glad you recognize Richard's work, and happy to be back!

Healix I feel like if you had a motto it would be "I have a gif for that."

Also I know you are welcoming other people and did not actually say

hi yourself but welcome home to the best part of our new forums, Healix!

Good to see you posting here and it was nice meeting you in-game. zb7XgP0P_o.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Robin said:

Healix I feel like if you had a motto it would be "I have a gif for that."

Also I know you are welcoming other people and did not actually say

hi yourself but welcome home to the best part of our new forums, Healix!

Good to see you posting here and it was nice meeting you in-game. zb7XgP0P_o.png

*hugs Christopher Robin*

gotagif.jpg.21edb7d99bf4712cf08e7e91b683b7d7.jpg

AHHH, there it is...

heerzahug.gif.7c24e0ea310dd538dea1a57fd85be173.gif

bigGrinsmiley.png.b6a30735e68414ae9774221567958244.png

• Like 1
y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

• 2 weeks later

@Healix Also, this is a thing now.

I know I didn't ask and don't know if you

want any fan art of your hero but yeah... too late. uT70ukQ0_o.gif

Healix quick sketch

Click above thumbnail to see it bigger in my thread.

• Like 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

• 1 month later

Hi everyone. Just found my way here thanks to @Christopher Robin and I am so psyched to be home again. I was DJ1 back in the 606 but I was mostly a lurker. I always loved seeing all the art and reading the stories from the amazing talented people though and I can't wait to see more stuff here. Wish I had my heroes back but I am just happy the game exists. Its like a dream come true.

• Like 1

Yah no idea why I looked there I hadn't checked in a long ass time and I certainly didn't expect a message saying the game was back. It died in 2012 like the mayans said it would and I just thought that was it and these new sequels are taking FOREVER so I thought I would see if there was any progress and BAM hereos is back! I still can't believe it. I think after I have a few marathon gaming sessions and remake some of my heroes like Gray Ming it will feel more real. Thanks again dude.

• Haha 1

Lol yeah the Mayans were right about the world coming to an end everyone just assumed it was the real world... turns out it was CoH.

Yes it is really real, yes unfortunately you will have to start over from scratch but on the plus side they have added a bunch

of cool stuff and more is coming I am sure. For example Sentinels have been added to the Ranged Damage sub-class.

Think of them as official cannon Blappers or more survivable Blasters.

If you need any help getting set up or have questions PM or note me and I will help if I can.

Yeah I thought I would've been playing City of Titan's or one of the 4 others years ago but alas I still cannot play any of them  now.

As consolations for having to wait go though, having CoH back is pretty much the best thing ever.  No problemo man, welcome home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

I am so excited to see this section on a forum again, and even more to see those here !!!

On live I was @Barroness - Pinnacle server - City Scoop "Hall of Bases w/EnnVee"

Now Im on Excelsior, @EnnVee and still love bases, even more with the love they got finally ! Just a taste of the "art" I create. I cant draw for diddly, but I can get real creative with a base!

image.png.3fe9feb250b4f26f129249ecbe3cb2bf.png

Edited by Barroness13
  • Like 2

21__infinity_by_halo_enigma-d2wllcr13.jpg