[Resolved] Remove Inbox Limit

I just tried to send a PM, and I got the following:

image.png.c47c81f38cc2e753ce904c1d0a3fa400.png

Is there any way we can remove the "inbox limit" when trying to send and receive posts? Do we really have space concerns when it comes to inbox size? I mean, I could delete things out of my inbox, but honestly as a programmer I NEVER like deleting data, because you never know when it might be useful.

• Like 1
I'm out.

Or if not remove it, maybe just "embiggen" it?

And/or, maybe give players the option to archive messages - so they're still around to be re-read int eh future, but (somehow) take up less space in the database ...?  Maybe can't be forwarded or replied to anymore would help with that?

• Haha 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

At this point, I'm trying to decide if I should start deleting messages, or wait to hear back from a GM, because not being able to send PMs is really irritating, but I also don't want to lose PMs if I can help it.

• Like 1
I'm out.

• City Council

Part of your issue, I imagine, is that PMs here are stored as mini-threads. Because of the comically barebones way SMF handles PMs, every PM you had there is now an individual mini-thread. I suppose I'd suggest going through and seeing if you have any quote chains and deleting some of the excess there. When Cipher rises from his slumber, I imagine he'll look into it - a lot of the issues with limits are just default settings we didn't change.

• Like 1
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

For curiosity sake, PK, just how Many did you have?!?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)