Overall Active Player Population Down?

Abraxus

As many have said, the Homecoming servers have been back for "awhile" now and some/most of us have gotten past the idea that the rug will be pulled at any moment.  My time in COH isn't as rabid as it was when I first found Homecoming, but I'm still here.  It's now integrated into my free time, but not taking all my free time.  I've gone a week without playing and I've spent an entire Saturday running through the Praetoria arc.  It waxes and wanes, but will continue until it can't. 

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

12 hours ago, Primantis said:

And that's what I get for Foruming at 4 AM.  xD

Seriously, you just need to slot your Ninja-Proof better. And maybe pick up (and slot!) Just Re-read the Whole Thing as soon as you can; that's not a power to skip!

(Hint: read my signature.  Then laugh.  😄 )

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Is there a possibility that that servers could be merged if the population further declines?

I have noticed that Excelsior seems to be the only server that has red capacity now. I have considered transferring, but I have 30+ characters so would be a big move 🙂 and there is the chance I could lose some character names. so a forced server merge does worry me.

6 minutes ago, myyth said:

Is there a possibility that that servers could be merged if the population further declines?

I have noticed that Excelsior seems to be the only server that has red capacity now. I have considered transferring, but I have 30+ characters so would be a big move 🙂 and there is the chance I could lose some character names. so a forced server merge does worry me.

I haven't heard of any such talk.  If such a thing happens, there are always accommodations made, and they will be announced far in advance of any such changes.  Relax man!  Just play, and enjoy until you hear something concrete.  🙂

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 2

What was no more, is REBORN!

3 minutes ago, myyth said:

Given the news, I think you may want pause on this worry...things could get big again...

• Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

3 minutes ago, Extor Prime said:

You're one optimistic bugger, I like you. Never lose that child-like sense of optimism. Not even when the world rolls ya.

Hardly optimistic by nature...it's a fact that pessimists live longer (the supposition is that pessimists are more likely to react to threats and optimists more likely to ignore them)...

In this case, I am not at all threatened by this one way or the other...If this happens, it will be big and Population Counts will likely grow...If it falls apart, then there will be population count issues (Pop = 0).

Either way, life goes on for me...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

52 minutes ago, Sable Phoenix said:

The picture doesn't show up on mobile.  What thing is everyone talking about here that could be big?

A tweet from tony v and the homecoming devs that the negotiations with NC Soft about gaining official status are going good.

Means we might not have to worry about losing the game again.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 11:06 PM, Apparition said:

A lot of people in that category of "I'll play it to see what all the hub bub is about" crowd I mentioned in a previous post were from World of Warcraft.  They played CoH as they knew how to play WoW.  They stuck to the holy trinity, and rushed to level 50.  They played the Incarnate Trials... and then went, "That's it?"  And left.  Remember all the Empath players in late April through early June?  Yeah.  I came across more than one level 50 Empath Defender with only one attack and the full Medicine power pool... I wanted to cry.  They're mostly gone now.

That's how you play WoW, eh? Glad I never tried it.

1 hour ago, yukkuri said:

That's how you play WoW, eh? Glad I never tried it.

Not everyone plays it that way.  Mostly people doing Dungeons and Raids.

Edited by PaxArcana

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism