Sentinel Mez protection questions

Snarky

So I have run maybe a dozen Sentinels through teens to low 30s.  When I grind alts like I been doing I tend to be very regular about how I do it 4-7 DFB 1-4 DiB maybe banks.  On Sentinels that is not often. Some random teaming and a very regular Posi 1 Posi 2 Synapse etc. 

i am a daily grinder in CoX but not a numbers scientist like Arcana or Hyperstrike. I play and go by feel.  My feelings tell me that the mez protection from the armors Sentinels get is not as strong as scrappers or brutes. Does anyone know for sure?  And if so are there standard fixes most use like procs or tune of protection or...

thanks. I really like Sentinels for when I step away from Bruting for a day or so

I don't know what you mean. I rarely if ever get CCed in normal play, excepting ITF's final boss or the DiB final boss double Shivans who seem to cut through CC protection.

That said you can consult Pines/Mids and check the differences between scrappers and sentinels.

Static Shield gives mag 8.3 protection against hold/stun/sleep, compared to 10.38 for scrappers/brutes/stalkers and 12.98 for tankers. So yes, Sentinel mez protection is slightly weaker.

It's pretty rare to get hit by enough stacked mezzes to break through a mez protection toggle though, even at "only" mag 8 instead of mag 10. I have yet to see it happen on my sentinel, besides things like Romulus' rez stun, which is something like mag 15 and will stun scrappers/brutes/tankers too.

Depending on the secondary and the type of mez, you might simply be seeing the fact that some secondaries have holes. For example, few sets protect against confuse or fear effects, and /Fire gets immob protection from Burn rather than from its toggles.

• Like 1

As a recovering Blaster, it was really hard to break the Acrobatics habit.  Sure, I stumbled a couple of times with the Aegis and Impervious Skin globals (sexy little temptresses they are), but I got right back on the wagon.  Once I did, I never looked back.  I don't need those crutches any more.

While the Sentinel base protection is less than that of Scrappers/Brutes, it's enough.  And because so many IO sets include either status protection or resistance, that more than makes up for any delta.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer