Rad Melee Splash Damage...

McGarnackle

You were honestly probably better served at asking this question in one of the Melee centered sets like Scrappers/Stalkers/Brutes/Tanks where more of those players would've been quicker to answer.

Anyway, Radiation Melee's splash effect is a set amount, I just can't tell you what that value is adjusting from. It only occurs on Contaminated targets, and occurs when a Single Target Attack hits that target. The splash (as I've seen) is consistent regardless of which attack is used, but then it's easy to miss and I haven't necessarily done a legit testing on it to be definitive on that. Given the way the effect works, it'd have to be someone with access to the source code to tell specifically where and how that mechanic is pulling its modifiers, because as I'm guessing it was designed, it's most likely creating a psuedo-pet effect around that target that's spreading AoE damage to contaminated targets when they get hit.

On 8/3/2019 at 3:34 AM, McGarnackle said:

Hi there!

Here's a question for you Rad Melee users...

Can you tell me if the splash damage is based on the attack it's splashed from or is the splash damage a set amount no matter what attack it splashes from?

Thanks in advance!

I haven't played Rad Melee, but unless it's significantly changed from how it appears on City of Data (because I'm not at home with access to the actual game files), the splash damage should be based on the single-target attack that caused it, be equal to 20% of that attack's damage scale, and can be affected by damage buffs and enhancements.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

On 8/6/2019 at 1:29 AM, Sir Myshkin said:

Anyway, Radiation Melee's splash effect is a set amount, I just can't tell you what that value is adjusting from. It only occurs on Contaminated targets, and occurs when a Single Target Attack hits that target. 

Pretty Much it in a nutshell. Once you have Contaminated aTarget, any Single Target attack can Spread the Contamination to other Targets. AoE Powers do not seem to be able to trigger the effect.

From Titan Network Paragon Wiki:     

Contaminated Strike

You charge your fist with harmful radioactive particles and quickly strike your foe dealing Light Energy and Smashing damage as well as reducing their defense. Affected enemies have a small chance to be affected by the Contaminated effect. Hitting Contaminated foes with single target Radiation Melee powers cause a small burst of damage to foes near the target.

Bubba Burns is a Radiation Melee / Fiery Aura Brute ( 43 ) and it's the most fun I've had with a Brute. With Irradiated Ground, Blazing Aura and Burn it is amazing, for a guy who usually plays Tanks, how fast you can go through a Mob.

Edited by Marine X

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X