Pet Set questions

Archmage1000

So I am trying to make 1 of each Pet set but really need to know what secondaries would work well with each.  So far I have

Bots/Time: doing very well so far

Need suggestions on:

Thugs

Demons

Necro

Ninja

Mercs

Beast

Tell me whats good and not so good

Are you trying to stay thematic? Are you wanting to avoid repeating secondaries, because frankly you can play /time with any of the primaries and it will be amazing.

Thematic and strong.

Demons/Thermal

Necro/Dark

Beast/Nature

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.

Without repeating, I would go:

Beast/Cold - Great amount of defense for pets. 
Demons/Thermal - Damage resist cap to several types.
Mercs/Storm - KD mitigation and the extra pet slotting in Tornado helps.
Necro/Dark - Mitigation through -tohit debuffs.
Ninjas/FF - KD mitigation and a great amount of defense for pets.
Bots/Traps - Great amount of defense for pets.
Thugs/Time - Great amount of defense for pets.

I don't have knowledge/experience with Kin, Nature, Poison and Rad to make an assessment. At times, Empathy and Pain will have trouble keeping up with incoming damage. TA, overall, is pretty underwhelming. 

4 hours ago, DocMidknight said:

Ninja/kin....little cracked out ninjas running around critting everything 

/kin is an amazing set.... depending on what you want to do. It offers little to no practical mitigation for your pets. Since MM pets cannot benefit from the +recharge of Kin that's a big hit to the attractiveness of the set. On top of that it offers no defense, resistances or meaningful debuffs to improve pet survival. It's an amazing choice if you want to be strong support for a group but not great for soloing. Yes, your pets will do a lot of damage with Fulcrum Shift but you will spend a lot of time resummoning them.

So it really depends what you plan to do with your MM.

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.

4 minutes ago, Warlawk said:

/kin is an amazing set.... depending on what you want to do. It offers little to no practical mitigation for your pets. Since MM pets cannot benefit from the +recharge of Kin that's a big hit to the attractiveness of the set. On top of that it offers no defense, resistances or meaningful debuffs to improve pet survival. It's an amazing choice if you want to be strong support for a group but not great for soloing. Yes, your pets will do a lot of damage with Fulcrum Shift but you will spend a lot of time resummoning them.

So it really depends what you plan to do with your MM.

In truth, I just wanna see the little psychos run around critting things. May make one, bump it up and watch the show before deleting it as I much prefer demons on my MM's but the ninja/kin sounded like crazy fun 

9 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

Ninjas/FF - KD mitigation and a great amount of defense for pets.

/Time is better for Ninja/ than /Force Fields is (or can be, really).

Force Fields can't heal Ninjas ... while Time Manipulation can.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

• 4 weeks later

Let me go at this the other way:

/Dark - Necro. Bots and thugs work too -to hit stacking, or -to hit and +def stacking

/Cold - Bots, toughest combo I've tried, good debuffs, more damage with Thugs but misses out on a pet self heal and pet heal.

/FF - Bots, probably the only set that doesn't have anything for bots to knock things out of.  

/Kin - Beasts, /kin prefers melee, Beasts are melee and low damage, /kin boosts damage, Best can cap their own def with enough +rech, /kin provides recharge. Necro or Ninjas for just for fun alts.

/Nature - Beasts, keeps beasts up and has good debuffs, should work as well with Demons.

/Pain - Demons or Beasts could take most advantage of all the healing, more thematic with Demons, but an evil beast master would fit too.

/Poison - Thugs, aoe around bruser, only set I've even heard of working well with /poison.

/Rad - Necro maybe since they have some controls to help keep the toggles in one place, Beasts maybe, since they're all melee it'd help keep the toggles together.

/Sonic - Demons or Beasts as those are the main res sets to go with res from sonic.  Either are thematic, demon screams or beast howls.

/Storm - Thugs or Demons for extreme DPS, one of the few that Mercs works well with.

/Thermal - Demons for stacking res & -resist, Beasts should work o.k. too.

/Time - Ninjas, as this is probably the best thing to try to keep them alive, /time really works well with all primaries.

/Traps - Mercs supposedly works well here, Bots to some extent but the kb can be annoying, Thugs works but the melee focused Bruiser doesn't fit all that great.

/Trick Arrow - Ninjas maybe, can sleep enemies then kill them one by one.  Beasts and Necro maybe as most of the damaging attacks are melee ST.

Did I miss any?

6 hours ago, Justisaur said:

/Trick Arrow - Ninjas maybe, can sleep enemies then kill them one by one.

Did it on live.  Hated it.

Trick Arrow does next to nothing to help keep your Ninjas alive.  The ONLY way you can keep them alive is Tankerminding.  If nothing attacks them, then there's less chance of them getting one-shotted (not a zero chance, just less of a chance).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I just leveled my Beast/Nature to 50.   I don't have it kitted out yet., but my experiences have led me to believe that it would do very well with Demons.    The second Tier demons have 2 resist buffs that affect the other pets and also the Mastermind.  Nature brings the resist version of /Time's defense buff with Wild Growth.  So that gives 2 levels of Resist Buffs.  It also has Wild Bastion that has +absorb buff.  This adds an additional health shield to minimize alpha damage one shots to the pets and to you.  You can also stack on Overgrowth for +damage (non-enhancable), +tohit(enhanceable) and an endurance reduction for all skills.  The impact of these three means that you need to find a way to get your recharge very very high.  You want to be able to keep the + resist buff up at all times, and also make sure your +absorb is up as often as you can get it.   The other additional benefit of /Nature would be Entangling Aura,  I have found that it works surprisingly well, especially if you add in Lockdown +2 mag chance to hold.     

It can also be made to look very thematic with Demons.  It has spores and mushrooms.  You can color it reddish or dark colored and it looks like a true hellscape when you play with the colors.  Literally a hell on earth look.  You can also go with a goth look.  Black plants with red flowers.  Lots of color options.

Edited by SmalltalkJava