More inspiration functionality

Vanden

1. Please allow tier 4 "super" inspirations to be combined like the lower three tiers can be.

2. Likewise, allow Team, Dual, and Team Dual inspirations to be combined as well.

3. Allow us to "downgrade" any tier 2 or higher inspiration into an inspiration of any type one tier lower.

4. Add some debuff resistances for 60 seconds to certain inspirations. Tier 1s 25% debuff resistance, Tier 2s 33% debuff resistance, Tier 3s 50% debuff resistance, tier 4s 75% debuff resistance. Add Recovery debuff resistance to blues, Defense debuff resistance to Oranges, and Slow resistance to Reds.

Edited by Vanden
  • Like 1

And make Heal inspirations take effect immediately without waiting for animations to play.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I know this isn't what your post is about, but I would also love to see a few new inspiration types.  The P2W means you could easily start with them disabled and let people opt in.

a) Something for Support and Control roles.  +debuff effect, probably just a Power Build Up in Inspiration form.  Could make the numbers reasonably small and also include your point #4, here.  So make your secondary effects stronger while weakening theirs.

b) Celerity.  +Recharge and +Move Speed.

Well, I have a few thoughts on this matter:

1. I could see adding a set of inspirations that basically act like power boost, in that they boost the buff/debuff/control effects of your powers.

2. It seems to me that, for instance, granting extra defense is how a luck combats defense debuffs.  Having it grant both extra defense AND protection from defense debuffs seems kind of redundant.

3. There does seem to be an odd delay, in some instances, between the time you click on an inspiration and when it actually takes effect.

4. I could see being able to downgrade an inspiration in exchange for being able to select one of a different type.

Cheers!

7 minutes ago, biostem said:

It seems to me that, for instance, granting extra defense is how a luck combats defense debuffs.  Having it grant both extra defense AND protection from defense debuffs seems kind of redundant.

The suggestion isn't to add the debuff resistance to purple inspirations (lucks), but to orange inspirations.

28 minutes ago, Vanden said:

The suggestion isn't to add the debuff resistance to purple inspirations (lucks), but to orange inspirations.

That still doesn't make sense - if you want to be better prepared for defense debuffs, eat more lucks.  If you want to address damage resist debuffs, eat more oranges...

44 minutes ago, biostem said:

That still doesn't make sense - if you want to be better prepared for defense debuffs, eat more lucks.  If you want to address damage resist debuffs, eat more oranges...

Def debuff resistance isn't tied to defense, tho. Anything can provide it. But there is no resistance debuff resistance except for resistance itself. 

I wouldn't be opposed to putting all debuff resistance into the sturdys. For most ATs, the extra resistance doesn't do much on its own. But having the option to pop a yellow for +perception or an orange for res to - perception would be keen. 

2 minutes ago, Leogunner said:

Def debuff resistance isn't tied to defense, tho. Anything can provide it. But there is no resistance debuff resistance except for resistance itself. 

I wouldn't be opposed to putting all debuff resistance into the sturdys. For most ATs, the extra resistance doesn't do much on its own. But having the option to pop a yellow for +perception or an orange for res to - perception would be keen. 

No, what I'm saying is that if you get hit with a bunch of defense debuffs, you can just up your defense to kind of counter it, (i.e. eat some grapes).  If you get hit with damage resist debuffs, up your damage resist to compensate, (oranges).

10 minutes ago, biostem said:

No, what I'm saying is that if you get hit with a bunch of defense debuffs, you can just up your defense to kind of counter it, (i.e. eat some grapes).  If you get hit with damage resist debuffs, up your damage resist to compensate, (oranges). 

You can do that, but that still won't prevent a cascade defense failure unless you eat enough lucks to go way over the defense soft cap.

9 hours ago, Vanden said:

You can do that, but that still won't prevent a cascade defense failure unless you eat enough lucks to go way over the defense soft cap.

Also, def debuffs can be very common and high in caliber.  You might get hit with a radiation attack that drops your defense by 15%...that's more than a small purple on its own.