Don't slot Celerity + Stealth on Summon Wolves

SmalltalkJava

Just an FYI while doing some initial investigation on slotting special things into beast pets.   I saw that Summon Wolves takes Running sets.  So i slotted Celerity +stealth to see if the wovles would get all sneaky like ninja wolves or batman wolves.   Well it just affects the MM, and just for 120 seconds.   The stealth affect turns off after 120 seconds because summoning wolves is considered an "instant effect" power. 

So a little side quest of mine to turn Beasts beastly continues.

- oh, by the way.  the Pines Set selection for Summon wolves is friggen huge.

I've slotted my celerity +stealth into my sprint. So when I need stealth, I just toggle on sprint. I have noticed that the 120 seconds isn't strict in my case. Sometimes it's on all day long. Either that or the mobs just don't mind me anyway because of their low perception.

6 minutes ago, Six Six said:

I've slotted my celerity +stealth into my sprint. So when I need stealth, I just toggle on sprint. I have noticed that the 120 seconds isn't strict in my case. Sometimes it's on all day long. Either that or the mobs just don't mind me anyway because of their low perception.

Thats because its a toggle. It would only work 120 seconds in a clickable power.

5 hours ago, Six Six said:

When slotted in sprint or any other toggle power, as long as that power is on the +Stealth component of Celerity is working for you.  However, you still have to deal with all the combat stuff that breaks stealth, like attacking, being hit by an AOE, etc.  So even when its active, it can drop.  That may be misinterpreted as not being “strict” because otherwise it is.

I’ve also noticed with some visual graphic settings the Stealth appearance (character is translucent) appears to drop.  But even in those cases, unless you are under some form of attack/attacking, it’s still active.  Just a visual bug.

I don't think any procs like that work on pets. I tried the kb protection before but pets still got kb'd frequently. Also Preventative Medicine to see if the pets can get a shield. Launching them off buildings to try to trigger it. It didn't activate once.

4 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

I don't think any procs like that work on pets. I tried the kb protection before but pets still got kb'd frequently. Also Preventative Medicine to see if the pets can get a shield. Launching them off buildings to try to trigger it. It didn't activate once.

Yeah that is unfortunate.   It removes some spice from the MM.  

Since I didn't see it mentioned.

Super Speed plus stealth IO gives you stealth against regular mobs. So as long as you have SS running you can stand next to them with zero issues.

Though high perception mobs like Rikti Drones and some Corsair mobs can see you.