Add a visual FX to the Chance for -Res procs?

Vanden

Many procs (mostly the control procs) have some visual FX when they activate, to let players know they've gone off. Could we possibly add one to the -Res procs? The ones in Achilles' Heel, Annihilation, and Fury of the Gladiator. Shatter Armor from the VEAT Mace Mastery pool, has a pretty good FX for this, I think; it's basically a, well, shattering sort of effect, easy to notice, but also fairly concept-agnostic. It wouldn't look weird on a mismatched character, like the electric field in the Devastation proc, or the ice block in the Blistering Cold proc. It'd be nice to know when they're working without having to watch the combat log like a hawk.

• Like 3

Maybe, like the damage "floaters", a text announcement drifting up over the target's head, naming the proc that just went off?  In a vivid purple or bright blue color, o it's really noticeable?

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

damage procs

But for consistency, if procs get their own visual cue, then they should ALL get the same cue.

Edited by PaxArcana

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

6 minutes ago, PaxArcana said:

Maybe, like the damage "floaters", a text announcement drifting up over the target's head, naming the proc that just went off?  In a vivid purple or bright blue color, o it's really noticeable?

I don't think that's necessary. There's enough superfluous floating text already. Does the entire team really need to know, in no uncertain terms, when a Scrapper gets a critical chance bonus, or a Sentinel gets some bonus absorb?

6 hours ago, Vanden said:

Many procs (mostly the control procs) have some visual FX when they activate, to let players know they've gone off. Could we possibly add one to the -Res procs? The ones in Achilles' Heel, Annihilation, and Fury of the Gladiator.

If using an existing FX animation is acceptable, but with some simple modification to differentiate it for better visual clarity ... I'd honestly recommend doing a repurpose of the "Dizzy Head" effect used for Stun (minus the stumbling around, of course) that simply recolors the "Dizzy Head" effect a dull (burnt?) orange color, to indicate that a -Resistance debuff is in effect.

I'm thinking that ought to work and be relatively simple enough to shoehorn into the existing codebase.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I don't think "dizzy" will make sense as a way to indicate the enemy will take more damage, especially when right now it's universally used to indicate stuns or holds. The shattering armor effect makes a lot more sense in that regard.