Is there a way to export character builds?

I'm hoping to be corrected when this tool comes Back into existence, but Currently I don't know of a tool that'll let you see the build exported from the game.

That said, I Did find the game's built-in character exporter a while back while combing through this. Oddly, it doesn't seem to include nearly as much info as one gets when exporting a Mids build.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 4 months later

Since my search for how to do this brought me to this thread, I’ll update it by stating that it’s now possible to take your in-game build out to Mids.  The reverse isn’t possible outside of private/personal servers however.

Heres how:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

And this is what happens when you try that (as I believe was discussed in the same thread):

• Launch Mids
  • Click Open File
  • Choose the Build.txt
  • Get a TON of general "WTF is this power?" errors
  • End up with a mostly unusable template that has no enh slotted and most the powers are missing

Pyromethious_Test

Pyromethious_Test.jpg

Pyromethious_Correct

Pyromethious_Correct.jpg

The REASON it doesn't work has something to do with the extra headers the original Mids app has always looked for and the newest one even has issues (as they try to tweak the app's database) reading existing files at times.

build.txt Pyromethious_Test.mxd

Edited by WanderingAries

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Dunno what to tell you.  I'm using the most current version of MIDS Reborn (v2.6.0.7/Database Issue 26, Version 19.1021), and have been successful in exporting ALL my 45+ lvl 50 builds I have on Homecoming thus far.  Haven't tried it with anything lower than 50.

I did see a few errors pop up.  A couple of my toons wouldn't import the final lvl 49 power pick for some reason.  But I'd just choose it myself.

O.O

Do you have one (build.txt) I could look at for comparison? Also, are you using standard enh or IOs? I'm guessing the latter as you play more than I do likely, but it's one thing that could make a dif if it had trouble interpreting the enh. Is it actually importing those or just the slots? I'd be curious to see what's going on TBH if this works for others.

12 hours ago, Pine said:

Yeah.... the import functionality needs to be worked on. Works sometimes, but not all the times. I just don't have enough broken test builds to find out what is breaking. 

Well I can't think of a one of mine that works when importing from the game and seems like most of my Mids builds must be "old" now as they'll all get the error about the inherent powers when loading. I haven't had a Need to load most of them in a while though (as I've been Consoling for a while).

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 11:05 PM, presto2112 said:

Nikki Static.mxd 4.93 kB · 1 download

it kinda works. except for the inherits, they don't import. tried it on a few chars just now

example attached

build.txt 4.74 kB · 2 downloads

Yeah, the Inherents always seem to fail, but I think it's because of core changes ingame that weren't able to be translated to the base code of Mids since they're not able to work on that level (atleast I don't think they are).

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 year later
On 1/3/2020 at 7:09 AM, Crysis said:

Since my search for how to do this brought me to this thread, I’ll update it by stating that it’s now possible to take your in-game build out to Mids.  The reverse isn’t possible outside of private/personal servers however.

Heres how:

Sorry to necro this thread, but for anyone else who is frustrated nd annoyed with a "Here's how:" message pointing to box that says "Sorry, this content is no longer available"the command you use is "/buildsave".

It's kinda, sorta sometimes imports.

• Like 1

• 1 month later

This appears to require Developer help to fix, but would also seem to be relatively simple fix. Toon stat export to include IOs is a very important user feature for COH. that many, many players like me would like and use.

What are the obstacles to making this macro work to provide a complete set of player stats? Does Homecoming not want to provide this info to players?

Edited by ToonExport4Freedom
No short starting window for corrections

I have to say I'm surprised. I would have thought that Exporting a Build from CoH to Mids would be one of THE most basic things the program should be able to do. Without this ability, no one can correct a current build other than to manually re-build the entire char in Mids.

• Thumbs Up 1