Faction limitations?

Lazarillo

Just curious when it comes to hunting badges, I've heard tell that there are a couple badges that can only be obtained by characters who start Praetorian as they require not picking a hero/villain side until higher levels.  Can anyone confirm whether this is the case?  And, similarly, are there any that are specific to starting as Primal?  Or if I want to make a "true" badging alt, is Praetorian simply the way to go?

Oh yeah, one other thing, sort of an off-shoot, are any other badges permanently missable at this point?  Or does the existence of Ouroboros, plus various other HC tweaks, allow for going back and obtaining and/or re-trying everything (except for maybe the one mentioned in this thread that I've heard of) at this point?

I'm not aware of any Praetorian-only badges that can't be earned by Primals through Ouroboros.  If you're referring to the Escapist badge, for leaving Praetoria, it can be earned through Ouroboros, although you might have to wait until 50.

Afaik, the only permanently missable badge is Efficiency Expert, since the timed missions required are all one-offs and not part of an arc and don't seem to be available through Ouro.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eva Destruction said:

If you're referring to the Escapist badge, for leaving Praetoria, it can be earned through Ouroboros, although you might have to wait until 50.

The one I've heard rumors on the wind of sounds like the opposite.  It's for not leaving Praetoria (at least, not when it's first available).  But that's the funny thing about rumors and fast-scrolling Help channels.  Sometimes wires get crossed.

51 minutes ago, Eva Destruction said:

Afaik, the only permanently missable badge is Efficiency Expert, since the timed missions required are all one-offs and not part of an arc and don't seem to be available through Ouro.

Not sure if it's because I've not done the arc as a 50 or not but it's showing up in Ouroboros for me, called Alone in the Darque

Edited by Coin

4 hours ago, Coin said:

Not sure if it's because I've not done the arc as a 50 or not but it's showing up in Ouroboros for me, called Alone in the Darque

If you go to grandville as a rogue and run newspaper missions until you rob the bank, you can be introduced to agent pither as a contact. You can then do all his missions to get the efficiency expert badge (did this the other night). None of his mission through ouros are the timed missions. 

On another note, can you do Praetorian morality badges if you never were praetorian? 

12 hours ago, FrostyDelicious said:

If you go to grandville as a rogue and run newspaper missions until you rob the bank, you can be introduced to agent pither as a contact. You can then do all his missions to get the efficiency expert badge (did this the other night). None of his mission through ouros are the timed missions. 

On another note, can you do Praetorian morality badges if you never were praetorian? 

Yes, you can do all of the Praetorian story arc & Morality Missions through Ouroboros & thus earn the Praetorian morality badges.  I earned them all on my main who started as a Hero, but was Ouroing the arcs as a Rogue.

• Thanks 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

10 hours ago, Zolgar said:

What about the Praetorian tutorial badge, is that accessable by a Primal?

No, as far I can know, the Praetorian tutorial is not available via Ouro.  But the Avid Reader badge, which used to only be available from the Praetorian tutorial, is now available by talking (extensively) with a contact in Ouroboros - Prometheus - after completing an Incarnate Trial.

Edited by Mister Mass
Incomplete information

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

On 8/15/2019 at 2:39 PM, GavinRuneblade said:

Arent there badges in all of the tutorials that are mutually exclusive? Like the big shivan in the galaxy tutorial.

The hero Tutorial is where you can get the Isolator badge for defeating 100 of the contaminated.   You can also get it during the Ouroborus Intro arc if you are Hero/Vigilante

Breakout Tutorial for redside contains the Jailbird map badge. Any subsequent missions that take you back to this map will not give that badge. But teh redside ouro intro arc should send you back to get it.

Avid Reader is from the Praetorian Tutorial, if you aren't Praetorian of origin, then become an incarnate, go through an incarnate trial and then chat with Prometheus until the badge dings.

Efficiency Expert Pither: his timed missions are NOT in Ouroborus and never have been.  You have to get him as a Grandville contact and succeed at all the timed missions he offers.  See my thread in this forum regarding that. 

• Thanks 2

On 8/20/2019 at 2:50 AM, Nericus said:

The hero Tutorial is where you can get the Isolator badge for defeating 100 of the contaminated.   You can also get it during the Ouroborus Intro arc if you are Hero/Vigilante

Breakout Tutorial for redside contains the Jailbird map badge. Any subsequent missions that take you back to this map will not give that badge. But teh redside ouro intro arc should send you back to get it.

Avid Reader is from the Praetorian Tutorial, if you aren't Praetorian of origin, then become an incarnate, go through an incarnate trial and then chat with Prometheus until the badge dings.

Efficiency Expert Pither: his timed missions are NOT in Ouroborus and never have been.  You have to get him as a Grandville contact and succeed at all the timed missions he offers.  See my thread in this forum regarding that. 

Thanks, that's very helpful! I thought there were more exclusive badges it's good to know there's a path to them.

16 hours ago, GavinRuneblade said:

Thanks, that's very helpful! I thought there were more exclusive badges it's good to know there's a path to them.

You're welcome.

The way it appears now is that all badges can be obtained by any character, provided you are willing to switch alignment and also go to Praetoria to work the badges there.

The badges that you should work on getting immediately are the ones tied to the holiday events.

The instant the event comes online, Halloween,  Winter and Spring,  you need to pounce on those events and work all the badges as fast as possible on as many alts as you want them on as they are still yearly events.  After that, farm up some merits and during May you can visit Luna in Ouroborus where she will offer for 100 merits each the previous anniversary badges.

Winter Event you can get a jump on if you want to buy candy canes from auction house and then go to the vendor in the ski chalet and while there you can also work the 6 ski badges.

The rest of the badges in the game,  take your time with.

Edited by Nericus