Day jobs and poof-to-base macros

Heraclea

I have taken to exclusively using 'poof-to-base' macros to enter my bases (e.g. /macro base enterbasefrompasscode amazon-963).  If your SG base has a passcode set up you can do this.  It requires no badges or day jobs, is not subject to interrupts, charges, or cooldwns, and can be used from anywhere.

How does this work with day jobs?  When you exit your base after entering this way, it puts you back where you poofed from (if open world) or by the door (if an instance).  Does time spent logged off from in the base count towards the base badge, or from the outside location badge? 

• Thanks 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

not sure if it makes a difference being hero or villain side as I seem to have issues with the base day job on the villain side incrementing whether I enter via the usual portal or the poof to base.  but definitely doesn't appear to increase on villain side using poof method

The Monitor Duty badge requires you to log out at a base portal.  Since logging out from a base puts you in the last spot before you entered, the “poof” won’t help you unless you were standing next to a base portal when you did it...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

12 minutes ago, justicebeliever said:

The Monitor Duty badge requires you to log out at a base portal.  Since logging out from a base puts you in the last spot before you entered, the “poof” won’t help you unless you were standing next to a base portal when you did it...

this may be why I am having issues with the badge.  at a base portal = outside the base but within "X" feet of the portal or inside the base?  if inside the base do you need to be within "X" feet of the exit portal?  I will frequently enter the base, hit the crafting station or one of the storage bins and then log out from there.  wondering if I have to be closer to the portal for it to register

You can only get Day Job points by logging out, so it doesn't matter where in the base you are when you log out.  What matters is where you were BEFORE you were in the base, since logging out will restore you to the same spot you were in before you zoned into the base

So if I zone (using the enterbase command or the base teleporter) to the base from a train station, and log out, I'll earn time on my commuter badge, since that's where I was before I entered the base

If I zone to the base from the middle of a map and log out, I'll earn patrol XP and time on my Patroller badge

If I go to the base by either a.) going thru a base portal, or b.) standing next to a base portal and zoning to the base, then I'll earn time on my Monitor Duty...

Let me know if you need more clarity...hopefully that made sense!

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

2 hours ago, kendo339 said:

not sure if it makes a difference being hero or villain side as I seem to have issues with the base day job on the villain side incrementing whether I enter via the usual portal or the poof to base.  but definitely doesn't appear to increase on villain side using poof method

Be aware there is a known bug with the base portal in Mercy not giving credit for the day job if you log out next to it.  You have to actually stand on top of it when you log out to get credit.  So if you log out while in the base I don't think you would get credit.  If you want credit villain-side I'd use the portal in a different zone.

11 minutes ago, carroto said:

Be aware there is a known bug with the base portal in Mercy not giving credit for the day job if you log out next to it.  You have to actually stand on top of it when you log out to get credit.  So if you log out while in the base I don't think you would get credit.  If you want credit villain-side I'd use the portal in a different zone.

thank you, that could be it as this is on a lower level character that is still frequently in Mercy.  will try from a different zone and see if that does it