Use old debuff anchor mechanics?

Rumors

So, one change with I25 is that, if you use a debuff anchor, like Radiation Infection, on an enemy and it dies, the skill does not detoggle.  That sounds great on paper.  But, in practice, it's proving pretty annoying since now I have to micro the skills a little more closely and need to remember to turn them off after clearing the group lest my team jump into the next one and I'm flipping my skills off and waiting for the recharge.  Yeah, sometimes its convenient for the toggles to stay on, but they still end when the body vanishes, which is a problem in longer fights, and you can't move dead bodies around like you can living one if the fight shifts location or someone uses a knock back skill.

Is there any setting or way for me to set my debuffs to switch back off once the target drops like it did in the past?  I find that much easier to manage than the new changes.

I agree, this is kind of a "double edged sword" tweak.

It's fantastic not to have to worry about your anchor dying.

It's also annoying to have to de-toggle after each group. Especially on fast paced teams.. However I imagine you'd get used to it after a few hours and it would become second nature. So overall it's probably a net-gain.

But ya, an option under Power Customization (like the 'No Redraw' option) would be nice if possible.

Nice and not nice --- I remember all the times my storm toggle would go down (forgetting name right now just found this) because ppl killed my anchor. Having to remember to detoggle is a pain too.

Still so happy to be back.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

All my years playing a Rad, I came to a simple conclusion:

Outside of AV fights, literally no one cares about your toggles. They don't need them, they kill plenty fast enough without them. I gave up even bothering to try on anything short of EBs.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

I'm also not a fan of the change, but not because it's annoying. I just always felt, and could have sworn it was also the opinion of the original devs, that the toggles dropping when a target dies was intended to be a balancing point between toggle debuffs and click debuffs. I know it was brought up often about how frustrating it was for the anchor to be killed, and I have a vague memory of a redname saying that was the point, strategy/teamwork was necessary to leverage them and that was intended.

BUT it's been 7 years, so who knows.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

After playing some more time with this change, it appears it's only going to be a factor early on before IOs and global recharge increases.

In my play time I've notice the default recharge times is what makes the change a bit troublesome, but after the toon is outfitted I don't think it will be a factor.

I'm also not a fan of the change, but not because it's annoying. I just always felt, and could have sworn it was also the opinion of the original devs, that the toggles dropping when a target dies was intended to be a balancing point between toggle debuffs and click debuffs. I know it was brought up often about how frustrating it was for the anchor to be killed, and I have a vague memory of a redname saying that was the point, strategy/teamwork was necessary to leverage them and that was intended.

BUT it's been 7 years, so who knows.

To be fair it only adds like a couple seconds to their duration, just until the body decomposes is teleported out for medical treatment and legal sentencing.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.