Is it possible for a GM to change my character origin?

Moka

It's the only permanent choices you can make for a toon: Origin, Archetype, and Powerset choices.  Nothing in the game will let you change them, and GMs won't do it for you either.

You can rename, change gender and Respec a toon, so if you make another Level 50 with the aspects you're seeking, you can "move their identity" over to the new Level 50.

Inactive account.  For current info, see GM_Tock.

You can get different origin attacks though through P2W.  

I've taken to just choosing natural for just about everyone as anything else can be fit into it.  Natural talent... with magic, naturally gets powers that would be considered mutations. etc.

1 hour ago, Tahquitz said:

It's the only permanent choices you can make for a toon: Origin, Archetype, and Powerset choices.  Nothing in the game will let you change them, and GMs won't do it for you either.

You can rename, change gender and Respec a toon, so if you make another Level 50 with the aspects you're seeking, you can "move their identity" over to the new Level 50.

I wonder would it be possible to unlock the origin title options for all characters regardless of origin choice? That might also help ease the pain of choosing an origin that you later find the title or theme didnt exactly fit what you had in mind.

just a thought, because the title choices are one of the only real differences now between the origin picks, since you can access all the origin powers through PTW vendor, so unless someones just a stickler for theme or RP, then origin has no real effects aside form the titles you can select for the character.

Origin also affects DO and SO choices, stores you shop in, contacts you select or are assigned by others, and dialog choices (the Origins of Power dialog arc being one example).  While all of these are questionably negligable in the end game (IOs make all of the above irrelevant at Level 50), it's still very much a part of the mid game.

I'm not arguing the importance of Origin (save for every Level X2 and X7 training session beneath 47, that's the only time it occurs to me), but it's not trivial to say that origin can be dismissed quickly either development-wise.

Inactive account.  For current info, see GM_Tock.

Would be cool if it were possible. I have a "team" of heroes who are all science origin, having all gained their powers from a scientific process invented by their leader. For one of them, at level 15 or thereabouts I decided her powers just weren't working for me, so I deleted her and rerolled, and got her up to 15 again before I realized I'd inadvertently selected "mutation" for her origin. D'OH!

26 minutes ago, Tahquitz said:

Origin also affects DO and SO choices, stores you shop in, contacts you select or are assigned by others, and dialog choices (the Origins of Power dialog arc being one example).  While all of these are questionably negligable in the end game (IOs make all of the above irrelevant at Level 50), it's still very much a part of the mid game.

It doesn't even effect store options anymore as the generic vendors near the trainers sell TOs, DOs, and SOs specific to your origin and level now.