21 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better Archetype Concept? Captain v The Warden

• Captain
    • The Warden
  2. 2. Which is the better Archetype Concept? The Duo v Tactician

• The Duo
    • Tactician

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/25/19 at 02:59 PM

Welcome to The Great Archetype Concept Battle. This is a set of polls wherein proposed Archetypes go head to head to determine community interest. The Polls will be open for approximately one week and the brackets will be updated weekly. The goal is to come up with a single proposed archetype concept that the whole community can rally behind.

Voting should be based, in principle, on Feasibility, Niche, & Interest.

Feasibility: 1 (difficult to balance, requires a large amount of set development, etc.) to 10 (could be in-game tomorrow)

Niche: 1 (is already addressed by another AT) to 10 (there is a hole in the game that this would fill)

Interest: 1 (I wouldn't play it) to 10 (I plan to make at least 20 alts in this AT)

Your Contestants!

Battle 1: Captain v The Warden

Captain (19.05.27.02.57.28)

Melee/Support

Tactical Advantage: Enemies within 15' act as a power boost, allies in the range increase regeneration and defense.

Captains are frontline fighters that support their teammates from within the fray.

The Warden (19.07.10.16.18.03)

Assault/{Support/Control}

[placeholder]: Defensive bonus against status-affected foes. Increased length for status effects.

Wardens are jacks-of-all-trades in that they have a little melee, a little ranged, a little support, and a little control.

Battle 2: The Duo v Tactician

The Duo (19.06.07.16.09.36)

Assault/{Pet/Armor/Support}

Partnership: +DMG +ToHit in proximity to pet. Share power effects with pet.

The Duo is an AT that is focused on working strongly with a single pet partner and balancing the burden with them.

Tactician (19.06.12.13.01.17.01)

Pet/Control

Attacks of Opportunity: Pets do additional damage to controlled targets.

Tacticians focus on disabling enemies for a form of controlled chaos.

• Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Captain (19.05.27.02.57.28)

Feasibility: 6 - While easy to port powersets, I see balance issues as taking some time (the inherent seems inherently unbalancing).

Niche: 4 - It seems to be competing for a niche with Defender.

Interest: 3 - It would be fun, but I do not really see why I would choose it over a Defender.

The Warden (19.07.10.16.18.03)

Feasibility: 5 - The secondary sets may take a while to fine-tune and survivability may be difficult without hard controls.

Niche: 5 - It is a unique role, but the question is whether it would feel necessary

Interest: 4 - It would be fun to play with the powersets and see what I could make it do, but I do not see it as a mainstay

Winner: The Warden

The Duo (19.06.07.16.09.36)

Feasibility: 6 - The playtesting that has already been done by the proposer has doubled the score here.

Niche: 6 - This is definitely in the DPS camp, but with a different approach to other DPSers out there.

Interest: 8 - I would definitely make at least one of these.

Tactician (19.06.12.13.01.17.01)

Feasibility: 7 - Easy to port sets, balance should not be too much of a problem.

Niche: 2 - Definitely competing with Masterminds, but likely to be more complained about because they don't buff.

Interest: 4 - As a fan of Controllers and Masterminds, I would definitely enjoy playing this, just think of all the pets out there with a gangwar going on, while supported by all my decoys...

Winner: The Duo

I think the Tactician is a neat concept, and the Unyielding effect of its inherent is a really clever way to patch the survivability hole that not having defenses might have.

I'm abstaining from the actual poll because I dont feel like it's appropriate for me to vote on the second question, and it won't let me only vote on one.

Edited by malonkey1

22 hours ago, Pbuckley818 said:

I kind of disagree with the notion people will complain abou the tactician more than the MM due to not having buffs, as CC is just as if not arguably more important. It's probably the best alternative mastermind idea I have seen really. 

The problem with CC is that it is relatively useless in AV battles. That means you have pets that are less buffed than MM pets getting in the way while many of your powers are useless because CC is fairly useless in AV battles. That, and many of the control sets have more pets, meaning that a Tactician with illusion control could have more than a dozen pets out when you get to incarnates...

41 minutes ago, Zepp said:

The problem with CC is that it is relatively useless in AV battles. That means you have pets that are less buffed than MM pets getting in the way while many of your powers are useless because CC is fairly useless in AV battles. That, and many of the control sets have more pets, meaning that a Tactician with illusion control could have more than a dozen pets out when you get to incarnates...

Ok, that is a good point...

Still a pretty solid combo. But I can see where that might become troublesome. 

I agree, I like the combo, but there would definitely need to be some adjustments, which may mean changing it from pure control sets to control + something else to limit pets.