Allow Wormhole to work on lvl 54 Bosses

pwntoon

Wormhole will only work on bosses +2 to your level. This means that, even with the Alpha slot level shift, Wormhole can only TP lvl 53 bosses. It is impossible to enhance this or boost its effectiveness with Domination, Vanguard Medal, Power Boost, +Mez procs, or Control Core Hybrid. This therefore means the only way to wormhole bosses higher than +2 levels over you is to use an Ultimate Inspiration, which are relatively hard to come by

(Also: Sorry for using the /petition system for this the first time.. 🙂)

• Like 13

Wait really? Crap.

I'd actually like to see this work on +4 bosses, as I was building a character specifically to use Wormhole as an opener... And if it doesn't work on +4 bosses then it's kind of crap because all groups play on +4 difficulty...

In fact, could we just ditch teleport mag protections on non-AV/GM mobs entirely please? The rationale given for mag protections when they were initially introduced was that it was necessary for there to be a point in having more than one Controller in a team. But you can't stack teleport mags, as teleport effects have no duration. So this becomes a completely binary immunity.

I don't really think it's necessary, as TP Foe is single target and just a pulling tool, and while Wormhole is better, the Bosses are going to resist the stun component anyway, and anything with knockback protection will resist the knockback component as well. So I'm not seeing Wormhole being OP if we make the teleport more or less always work on Bosses.

Edited by kelly Rocket
  • Like 3

I thought it did work? I've been told Hami was wormholed in the lady grey, but it was due to eating a tray of yellows. I'll need to get in game and test on lvl 54 bosses, see if it's an acc issue.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Giant Monsters, Monsters, AVs, and Objects, and similar things such as the Rikti Drop Ships are immune to teleport, no matter if you "hit" or "miss"

Bosses and Elite Bosses can only be teleported at anything at or below +2 to your level, regardless of accuracy/to hit. Even if you "Hit" the target.

I'd certainly enjoy being able to TP GMs, Objects, and AVs, but I expect people would deem that unfair, and/or it'd be more difficult for the homecoming developers to change.

Mostly what I'm sad about, and I think is a reasonable request to change, is not being able to TP Bosses and Elite Bosses even though an accuracy check was passed. Here's a video clip demonstrating the disparity. For context: I'm a level 50+1 grav/kin controller named Besterena sitting in RWZ. In the clip I'm targeting a lvl 54 Boss (Chief Solder). You can see my hit roll saying

"HIT Chief Solder! Your Wormhole power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 71.46".

and yet, he did not TP. Then I used an Ultimate Inspiration, shifting my level from 50+1 to 50+2. Then I used Wormhole again, and a similar hit roll message appears, but this time, the TP effect worked.

My ask is that we remove the level check to determine the TP's effectiveness against Bosses and Elite Bosses.

Edited by pwntoon

Can confirm, a whole tray of yellows and no TP effect. The check should be removed, Wormhole is such a large part of Gravs appeal.

• Like 1

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

It's not a level check per-se, it's a mag protection granted by the purple patch.

As I suggested before, I'd actually like to see teleport mag protections just removed from bosses. There's not really a lot of point to them, and you can't stack teleports to overwhelm the protection like you can with holds/immobs/mez, so it becomes an exception to the usual mechanics and somewhat unfairly penalizes people who build a teleport-centric toon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RubberDougie said:

fun and useful in lower content that isn't at set past +1!! 

Unfortunately that means no teams ever, since every team I've ever been on (Even at low levels) is running at +4

I too have scrapped a Grav/ Controller I'd been building over this. I drew up a full endgame build, and played him to around level 22 I think, and then saw this thread and shelved him. I'll not bother continuing to play him unless they make Wormhole work on +4 bosses.

On 8/30/2019 at 1:08 PM, Profit said:

I thought it did work? I've been told Hami was wormholed in the lady grey, but it was due to eating a tray of yellows. I'll need to get in game and test on lvl 54 bosses, see if it's an acc issue.

This happens if the team runs the LGTF below the +2 level difficulty. Hami spawns as an Elite Boss, so Wormhole can work on it if it's within the level requirement and an accuracy check passes.

On 8/31/2019 at 8:46 PM, kelly Rocket said:

It's not a level check per-se, it's a mag protection granted by the purple patch.

Just to clarify: it's only a level disparity check. The video I posted (https://forums.homecomingservers.com/uploads/monthly_2019_09/585267662_UltimateInspirationWorks.webm.3eb16ed82f19248b322ab178ec0368b2.webm) demonstrates this. At 30 seconds in I use an Ultimate Inspiration and successfully TP the boss.

Those Ultimate inspirations are Super Inspiration rewards for incarnate trials. They can also be acquired on the ah, or you can trade Incarnate Threads for them in ouro. I typically carry a few around with me to work around this annoying mechanic, but it's really expensive to use them for every lvl 54 mob I come across, in MSRs, ITFs, Tin, Apex, Mission teams, etc. 

22 hours ago, pwntoon said:

This happens if the team runs the LGTF below the +2 level difficulty. Hami spawns as an Elite Boss, so Wormhole can work on it if it's within the level requirement and an accuracy check passes.

Just to clarify: it's only a level disparity check. The video I posted (https://forums.homecomingservers.com/uploads/monthly_2019_09/585267662_UltimateInspirationWorks.webm.3eb16ed82f19248b322ab178ec0368b2.webm) demonstrates this. At 30 seconds in I use an Ultimate Inspiration and successfully TP the boss.

Those Ultimate inspirations are Super Inspiration rewards for incarnate trials. They can also be acquired on the ah, or you can trade Incarnate Threads for them in ouro. I typically carry a few around with me to work around this annoying mechanic, but it's really expensive to use them for every lvl 54 mob I come across, in MSRs, ITFs, Tin, Apex, Mission teams, etc. 

Mobs that are higher level than you get a knockback mag reduction. I suspect they probably also get a teleport mag reduction. So by the time you're dealing with +3 or +4 bosses, the effective teleport mag is reduced against them below the level of their protection.

This would mean that, yes, Ultimate Insps would fix the problem, but it's still not an explicit level check. It's an effect of the level difference giving them mag resistance.

Edited by kelly Rocket

Yes, incarnate shifts that apply during incarnate trials like BAF, Lamda, etc shift your level (up to 3 levels), and you can therefore TP lvl 55 bosses. However, some trials have mobs which are also level shifted, so it's on a case by case basis which trials you'll be within +2 levels of the mobs.

Edited by pwntoon