Allow Wormhole to work on lvl 54 Bosses

pwntoon

On 1/20/2020 at 8:16 PM, Mystic_Cross said:

When did Grav get so popular? back in 2011 it was largely considered to be one of (if not the) the worst controller primary sets...

Always loved it myself, Grav was the 2nd alt I ever made so... add me to the list of YES PLEASE !

Late on Live Gravity received a pass that resulted in changes to Dimension Shift and Wormhole; Wormhole became aggro free and its radius was increased (IIRC), which helped a great deal.   On HC the introduction of the kb > kd IO, Wormhole become much, much more orderly; instead of throwing targets randomly near your target, it drops them in a nice pile.

On 9/4/2019 at 3:31 AM, pwntoon said:

This happens if the team runs the LGTF below the +2 level difficulty. Hami spawns as an Elite Boss, so Wormhole can work on it if it's within the level requirement and an accuracy check passes.

Just to clarify: it's only a level disparity check. The video I posted (https://forums.homecomingservers.com/uploads/monthly_2019_09/585267662_UltimateInspirationWorks.webm.3eb16ed82f19248b322ab178ec0368b2.webm) demonstrates this. At 30 seconds in I use an Ultimate Inspiration and successfully TP the boss.

Those Ultimate inspirations are Super Inspiration rewards for incarnate trials. They can also be acquired on the ah, or you can trade Incarnate Threads for them in ouro. I typically carry a few around with me to work around this annoying mechanic, but it's really expensive to use them for every lvl 54 mob I come across, in MSRs, ITFs, Tin, Apex, Mission teams, etc.

Knockback, Teleport, and cage powers like Detention Field and Sonic Cage have variable magnitude which means they are reduced by level differences.  (At one point, you could use Hami-Os to alter the magnitude of DF/SC in order to cage an even level elite boss. I'm not sure if that remains unchanged.)  At +3 the Teleport is being resisted, reducing it from 4.1 mag to 2.66 mag so it is no longer able to overcome a boss mob's inherent 3.0 protection.  I would imagine a fix is as easy as tagging the teleport unresistable, but that relies on things that shouldn't be teleported actually having been given teleport protection rather than some ridiculous amount of teleport resistance.

On 4/24/2020 at 12:17 PM, DoctorDitko said:

My favorite is Wormhole, although I do wish it also got a bit more range. When I wormhole a group up to the top of the sky, some of them arrive back in the fight with enough health to matter.

I personally love TP on steamroll teams, porting whole groups back to the team to beat down, works really well on the outdoor missions of ITF for example.

on a slightly related suggestion, I would love to have a way to set a location power as a team member in a macro, the same way you can make it automatically be dropped at your feet or the feet of your selected target. Basically allowing something like /powexec_location team_select 2 wormhole to work.

I want this mainly to make wormhole a bit more effective in indoor maps where trying to grab targets and set destinations around corners and other obstacles can be a hassle. You don't need direct LOS to activate wormhole, just to be within range. However, often you'd have to first run and select an enemy to port, then run back to your team to select the destination of the wormhole, then run back towards your targeted enemy until you get within range and the power activates (since it'll sit on hold whilst your out of range of your target). opening up powexec_location to include team members would massively cut down on all the back and forth running around in indoor maps, just find a group to target, hit the button and watch them catch an express train to the killzone. Outdoor maps are fine since you can probably target your enemy and the destination without having to move around much.

Just a little selfish idea of mine 😏

Edited by 10kVolts

InGame: @10kVolts    |    Tenkay's Log Combat Parser

• 5 weeks later

It's been a month since the last post. Any interest in fixing this?

Just for funzies, here's some footage of me trying literally everything I can think of to get the teleport to proc. Teleport is like it's own little category of resistance so nothing you try can enhance it.

I've got:

Domination (+Mez)

Vanguard Medal (+Mez)

Alpha Slotted (+1 level shift)

Melt Armor (-11.25%% resistance to all damage for 40.00s on target, Defense debuff)

Clarion Radial Epiphany (+Secondary effect boost)

Power Up (Boosts the damage and secondary effects of your powers)

Control Core Embodiment  (75% Chance for +1 Mag to "Controls")

Power Analyzer (simply verifies the Boss's TP resistance at "0%". It's unclear to me what that means in practice.)

The power hits (see combat log).

• 1 month later
  • 1 month later
  • 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later

Captain Powerhouse told me at my birthday party that he wants to make this happen, but it's not a simple matter of setting "Affects level 54 bosses?" to "TRUE" in the database, the power needs to be set at a high enough magnitude to still be high enough to overcome boss resistance to teleportation after being Purple Patch'd, but setting it so high runs the risk of making it possible to teleport things that are not meant to be teleported, so he needs to find the time to do a full accounting of all those things before he can make the change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

Captain Powerhouse told me at my birthday party that he wants to make this happen, but it's not a simple matter of setting "Affects level 54 bosses?" to "TRUE" in the database, the power needs to be set at a high enough magnitude to still be high enough to overcome boss resistance to teleportation after being Purple Patch'd, but setting it so high runs the risk of making it possible to teleport things that are not meant to be teleported, so he needs to find the time to do a full accounting of all those things before he can make the change.

I would also on top of this suggestion, like to see Dimension Shift have a 5 second delay to the Phase portion on it. That way players who fire off attacks at the exact same time won't waste their attacks, and it gives them enough time to switch targets before the Phase activates.

I was on a TF a while back and had a Blaster go nuts and actually ignored me in game because he decided to skip the mob in front of us and jump to the mob in the back. Little did he know I had plans on phasing that mob out with Dimension Shift so that they would not aggro before we were ready to tackle them. Well, he lost his cool, ended up calling the power a "shit" power, asked me why I would even take that crap power, told me I should have taken Wormhole and grouped them together instead, then placed me on ignore.

Little did he know, I was not high enough level to pick up Wormhole yet at the time, it was kind of his own fault for skipping a mob and trying to AoE some other mob than the one we were fighting. However, you can't fix stupid. Since you can't fix stupid, I think it would be a good idea to stick a 5 second timer on Dimension Shift before the Phase kicks in. I think that would fix a lot of issues with one player's Dimension Shift power conflicting with another player's AoE powers. At least if it has a 5 second delay on the phase portion of the power, it would be the other player's own stupid fault if he kept attacking after his initial strike.

I actually had a suggestion on this at some point, however, I don't think it was al that popular because it's long buried right now.

And lastly. I support this thread. Yes, please fix this issue. Wormhole leaves a lot of NPC's behind because of this issue and I rather miss the days when it barely left anything behind. It feels borderline useless as it stands now.

Edited by Solarverse

@Vanden that's really encouraging to hear. If the team needs any help testing, I'm absolutely on board.

@Solarverse if you start a suggestion/thread about Dimension Shift, I'll absolutely participate. I never take that power and would love to see it tweaked. At least one other private server has changed the way that power works and it looks much more exciting than its vanilla behavior

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vanden said:

You would think simply setting it to ignore Purple Patch (ignoreLevelDifference Flag) would do the trick.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn