Metapower Manipulation Power Pool

9 hours ago, kelly Rocket said:

Yes I did. But notice I never in that post said anything about me being the team leader. I would like to see team leaders get that power, and I do think the team leader's job is to dictate to the team how we approach the missions. That doesn't mean I expect to be that dictator.

You know who's a team leader that's always trying to be in control of the team? Cyclops. And everyone considers him to be a colossal dick. Wolverine always did better doing things his way while also contributing to the team.

Teams work better when people are allowed to use their powers how they see fit. If a group can't jive as a team, then they're probably better off not being a team. There's plenty of people playing to find one you mesh with or you like the way they do things. It doesn't require controlling people's play styles. 

Edited by Rylas

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

6 hours ago, Steampunkette said:

Part of the reason I was cool with suddenly whipping up a whole power pool of "Metapowers" was the idea that because it was an explicit investment into one's build there'd be LESS little dictators running around demanding everyone use their KB to KD toggle or get booted from the team. 

IMO: There will not.

• Haha 1

While this is an interesting idea, there are some issues, and there are especially some balance issues that are going to occur. Furthermore, it seems that blasters and corruptors would be forced to take a power they can't used to get access to the T3-T4 powers (they generally do not run enough toggles to make the high endurance cost of the endurance reduction toggle to be useful, and the T2 can't be made perma). Furthermore, the T3 and T4 seem to be doing essentially the same thing with the same Duration:Cooldown ratio. And finally, the T5 would take an immense amount of work because it is essentially taking a CC designed for solo play isolation and converting it to a CC designed for group play mitigation and would require a case-by-case examination of every sleep power for a rework of the duration to prevent it from making CC ATs obsolete as DPS sleeps (such as Siren's Call, Frozen Aura, Will Domination, Charged Brawl, Havoc Punch, Jacob's Ladder, Poison Trap, etc) will become both stackable and are of unbalanced duration outside of the context of sleep. This could not be done with a formula as CC AT sleeps are generally of lower duration because they are balanced by the existence of other CC powers. As such a formula that reduces duration would make the T5 completely useless for CC ATs in order to prevent it from being OP for DPS ATs.

I understand where the idea is coming from, but I do not think it is as well thought out as it could be and seems to have a lack of understanding of the roles that different forms of CC fill and related balance issues that could arise from using a screwdriver as a hammer.

• Thanks 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

For the record, Zepp, Blasters and Corruptors would see some of the -highest- benefit from the 20% endurance reduction toggle. Simply because almost all of their abilities are Clicks rather than toggles (And thus the ATs have a higher EPS rate during combat) except for Corruptors who have toggles which are all in the more expensive range (Radiation, Dark, Etc). Right up there with Controllers, Dominators, and Defenders.

And yeah. We'd have to go through on a power by power basis to balance out stun times. That's something we've agreed on. You don't have to keep repeating it every post.

I also really dislike the "well thought out as it could be" comment. It's incredibly dismissive and disdainful for an idea I threw together in literally 6 freaking minutes. Of course it's not as well thought out as it could be. It's a freaking Napkin-Scribble!

Edited by Steampunkette

I apologize if I sounded dismissive or disdainful. It was not my intent. What would you change now that you have had some time and feedback to help you think about it.

One reason I ask this is that when I get around to the Pool Powerset Compilation thread, I would like to make sure your idea is set in the best possible light.

• Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

6 hours ago, Zepp said:

I apologize if I sounded dismissive or disdainful. It was not my intent. What would you change now that you have had some time and feedback to help you think about it.

One reason I ask this is that when I get around to the Pool Powerset Compilation thread, I would like to make sure your idea is set in the best possible light.

Honestly do not know. Maybe turn Empathic to a fear rather than stun?

I can't think of many other directions for it to go, other than KB centric. Intangible is both too rare and too hacky to easily swap into something else. I had wanted, initially to do an "Energy Admixture " power, where damage type swapping was a partial thing managed by preselected options. Like half of a Dark power becoming Psi for fear. Or 1/3rd of a bladed Lethal attack becoming Toxic for poisoning the edge.

But such a power would have to essentially force a partial rewrite of EVERY attack power in the game.