Brute Kinetic Melee/ Energy Defense Tank help?

Zarkon

I created a Brute in order to have a little bit more melee damage. I'm running into issues not having enough stamina to maintain my toggles defensives. I've tried to enhance them with stam reduction. I can do a single pull and then I'm starved for stamina.

Anyone have any ideas on how to balance this issue. I was originally going to use invulnerability as my defense set, but energy looked cooler in my opinion. looking for some feedback.

Usually, it is not the toggles that drain your endurance, it is the attacks that drain your endurance but at low levels everything is noticeable. Until you get better enhancements, I would suggest you equipping end reduction

enhancements on your attacks and see if the situation improves. Other than that, the only thing I can think of is not to use all your toggles at same time like we used to do on Dark Armos ages ago but that can't be good for tanking.

I've tried to enhance them with stam reduction.

Just to clarify, do you mean you enhanced with End Reduction? It's been a while, but stam red sounds like it would be for draining an enemies endurance, not reducing the cost of your endurance.

As others mentioned, slotting your attacks for end red would be more efficient. Especially if this is lower level generic enhancements.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Thank you for responding. I'm currently running power shield, kinetic shield, antropic aura and maneuvers. Even when I try to just run 2, I still run into the issues. I will try to slot attacks with reduction. When I'm not running them at all, I take a huge deal of punishment. I'm mainly in the hollows fighting trolls and the frost fire missions.

Usually, it is not the toggles that drain your endurance, it is the attacks that drain your endurance...

This is kind of where I was leading things.  It gets even worse if you've slotted Recharge before going with EndRdx, as you're upping your burn rate without doing anything about the cost.

Also, IIRC, the Leadership toggles are kind of hoggish about their End consumption.  If you've got to pick one to switch off, I'd nominate Maneuvers.

Also, not sure the benefit you get from Maneuvers, I would turn it off for now until you get proper enhancement, you shouldn't notice much chnage in your survivability (personally, not sure you'll need Maneuvers at all but not

getting on that discussion).

I haven't played in a long time and there is not a lot of build or data around. I go maneuvers to help give the team a little more defense. I have been just going off my own instincts on what was best. I was thinking it would probably be more for a support of controller to use to assist the team. Is there anywhere we can go to see pros and cons of abilities? I can't find anywhere that shows caps percentages for ability enhancements.

I haven't played in a long time and there is not a lot of build or data around. I go maneuvers to help give the team a little more defense. I have been just going off my own instincts on what was best. I was thinking it would probably be more for a support of controller to use to assist the team. Is there anywhere we can go to see pros and cons of abilities? I can't find anywhere that shows caps percentages for ability enhancements.

Granted, they haven't been touched in 6+ years, but Mids Hero Planner is still viable and useful for everything but Sentinels. Start messing with builds, there.

Longer version, at low levels, you're going to be sucking wind, A LOT. Abuse the Rest power to recover in-between mobs, use inspirations to recharge, and/or just wait. Your attacks are definitely using more end/sec than your toggles are. Add Brawl into your rotation as a Brute, it builds Fury, recharges fast, and has little/no end cost IIRC. Then, use your bigger attacks to finish off the mob. Slotting is a mess at low levels, as you get higher up, you'll earn more slots for your powers, and also gain access from Training Origin to Dual Origin to Single Origin (each is 2x as strong as previous). There are also Invention Origin enhancements, which the generic ones are as strong as SO's, and the Set IO's can be a weird mish-mash.

Also, with Energy Defense, your Defense shields are typed off of the damage - Fire, Smashing, Lethal, et alia... Look at what the mobs are trying to hit you with, and try to run the ones best suited. Always run your mez shield, though. While I didn't do Kin, I did do a DM/Nrg brute to 50 back in the day.... once you get up in levels, it is hilarious fun... sneaky/smashy/punchy fun.

Death is the best debuff.