What Synergizes with Sonic?

drgantz

I was thinking of making a Sonic/Sonic Defender, but  I noticed that the first Primary and Secondary ability has Foe -Res.  I don't know if they stack or not.

My character conception is that I want a bardlike toon, so I want someone who buffs.
I'm thinking of Sonic/Sonic, Emp/Sonic or something else with Sonic.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Sonic Resonance isn't a very active buffer, you only use your buffs once every two minutes.

Empathy and Time would be better choices for a Bard concept. Empathy's RA's and Time's Farsight+Chrono Shift are like bard songs.

Edited by Auroxis

3 hours ago, Auroxis said:

Empathy and Time would be better choices for a Bard concept. Empathy's RA's and Time's Farsight+Chrono Shift are like bard songs.

Agreed.

I'd also add in the thought that Nature Affinity/Sonic would also qualify, particularly if you want to have a more "visible" effect for your powers bard songs than what Empathy or Time would necessarily provide.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

3 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Agreed.

I'd also add in the thought that Nature Affinity/Sonic would also qualify, particularly if you want to have a more "visible" effect for your powers bard songs than what Empathy or Time would necessarily provide.

The NAff would be a nice representation of Psychologic/Vision type stuff a Bard might instill in their audience that buffs/encourages them. 

I love that idea. Psy mastery works well with that theme too. 

Edited by Ankhammon

Time/sonic would be one of the only defenders I would roll these days.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Just a nit-pick, the sonic shields last 4 minutes, which accentuates the point of not being an active buffer.  

An interesting option for synergy with Sonic Resonance - Dual Pistols with Chemical Ammo.  Chemical applies -dmg.  -Res buffs -dmg.  I just made a sonic/dp on Justin to check this out.  Against an even con a Pistols attack (using Chemical Ammo) applied a -10% damage debuff as expected.  When I applied a Sonic Siphon, this number became -13%.   With both of the -res debuffs and a steady pistol attack, an enemy's damage output can be significantly lowered.  That lowered number then gets further lowered by your resist shields.

I think I see one of these in my near future.

ETA - on re-reading it looks like OP was asking about synergizing with Sonic blast, not resonance.  So nvm, still gave me something to think about though.

Edited by Hedgefund

34 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

Just a nit-pick, the sonic shields last 4 minutes, which accentuates the point of not being an active buffer.  

An interesting option for synergy with Sonic Resonance - Dual Pistols with Chemical Ammo.  Chemical applies -dmg.  -Res buffs -dmg.  I just made a sonic/dp on Justin to check this out.  Against an even con a Pistols attack (using Chemical Ammo) applied a -10% damage debuff as expected.  When I applied a Sonic Siphon, this number became -13%.   With both of the -res debuffs and a steady pistol attack, an enemy's damage output can be significantly lowered.  That lowered number then gets further lowered by your resist shields.

I think I see one of these in my near future.

Dual Pistols and Sonic Resonance is an excellent combination as you stated.  As is Beam Rifle and Sonic Resonance, with the additional -res and -regen, and Beam Rifle does better AoE damage than Sonic Attack.

One of the best things for you as a Sonic/ defender in a team is your inherent. Because your rings make your team brave, they get into stuff and take some damage. It's usually not much but with everyone on your team at like 10% less HP your end discount is just huge. You basically cannot use up your endurance. 

As to the Sonic/Sonic you will be master/mistress of RES. While fantastic, it gets overlooked all the time. 

You will create an entire team of tank mages and at the end of the day you will hear... "Nice heals"thrown over to the one guy on the team who took Heal Other. 

Seriously, you might want to think of coloring your rings so others know when it's applied and you know easily when to refresh em. 

Other thing to note is ranged Defenses you add are particularly good because post 40 it seems like everything throws a sleep into their powers and that get's straight to you so your personal ring gets less effective than you think. 

Also, I personally loved Sonic Cage. It can be used in lots of situations. For instance, that eden stone (forget the name) making life tough for the team trying to shut down the baddies, Cage it and move on. Some dang Hurricane throwing baddie wants to step in and mess up a perfectly good situation, cage him and laugh while he does nothing.

Lots of stuff like that come up. 

BTW, first Sonic/Sonic on Infinity (non PL'd)

Edited by Ankhammon