If the other stances had bonuses like Defensive has BG....

Galaxy Brain

What would they be?

Honestly,  given the way BG mode works I find my MMs never leaving it unless on a safe team where I can sometimes set to aggressive. I could see the stances be something where aggressive gives further Supremacy buffs while in range, and passive possibly give regen and recovery while in Supremacy range.

Thoughts?

They already do.

Aggressive: the pets will attack anything in aggro range, no need to survive the enemy's alpha strike first.

Passive: the pets won't aggro or attack anything, so they don't drag half the zone (sixteen enemies PER PET) after you.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

16 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

What would they be?

Honestly,  given the way BG mode works I find my MMs never leaving it unless on a safe team where I can sometimes set to aggressive. I could see the stances be something where aggressive gives further Supremacy buffs while in range, and passive possibly give regen and recovery while in Supremacy range.

Thoughts?

Actually, what I'd rather see is a way to "collapse" your pets onto yourself, without having to unsummon them.  I don't think it's reasonable to give pets more damage (take assault), or more tohit (take tactics), or stealth, (just take grant invisibility).  There was another thread going which talked about making the pets even level with you, and just adjusting their stats accordingly, which I think is a good idea...

Edited by biostem

23 hours ago, PaxArcana said:

They already do.

Aggressive: the pets will attack anything in aggro range, no need to survive the enemy's alpha strike first.

Passive: the pets won't aggro or attack anything, so they don't drag half the zone (sixteen enemies PER PET) after you.

Those are not stat changes tho (passive iirc can still attract enemies if you have them stand around in range). Defensive + (Not Attack my Target) activates Bodyguard within supremacy range that is a mechanical change on top of the behavior that says "don't attack unless we are attacked".

• Like 1

I'd be be fine with 20% dmg bonus on pets or or 25% movement increase on pets or both for being in aggressive. But this is just buffs i'd like to see for MMs in pvp in general because being out of BG mode is such a huge risk and it's tough to keep up with other ATs movement otherwise because there is no real lockdown.

Edited by M3z

5 hours ago, Shoulung said:

Does group flight even work on pets?

Yes, it does.

Badly.

But it does work.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

On 9/4/2019 at 11:06 AM, M3z said:

I'd be be fine with 20% dmg bonus on pets or or 25% movement increase on pets or both for being in aggressive.

That would be an overall buff to Masterminds.

It's the equivalent of asking for Blasters to do 20% more damage with their primary powers, ST and AoE alike ... "just because".

4 minutes ago, M3z said:

they do need a buff for pvp.

Not if it can't be done without affecting PvE.  I like where the balance is at for PvE, right now.

Edited by PaxArcana

1 hour ago, M3z said:

According to who? You?

According to basically everyone who doesn't PvP.

Which in this game, happens to be the majority of players.

Your dismissive response,t hough?  Only reinforces the sterotype of bad PvPers.  Good job on that.

Just now, PaxArcana said:

According to basically everyone who doesn't PvP.

Which in this game, happens to be the majority of players.

Your dismissive response,t hough?  Only reinforces the sterotype of bad PvPers.  Good job on that.

Yeaaah, your opinion doesn't= everyone elses as much as you like to think it does. And if you don't like my responses, don't type to me in a patronizing tone about my suggested changes, especially when I've been pvping on test ladder with MMs before you knew what CoH was.

As much as you are trying to turn this into a pvper vs pver thing it isn't. But I suppose next time I make a pvp suggestion I'll make sure to put a little disclaimer at the bottom "WILL NOT AFFECT PVE" so the anti-pvp crowd (you)won't have an excuse to start screeching.

2 hours ago, M3z said:

Yeaaah, your opinion doesn't= everyone elses

I don;'t know if you were here back on Live, but that opinionw as pretty near universal among the PvE-only community.  Which, then as now, was significantly larger than the PvP community.

2 hours ago, M3z said:

And if you don't like my responses, don't type to me in a patronizing tone about my suggested changes, especially when I've been pvping on test ladder with MMs before you knew what CoH was.

It is literally impossible for you to have been "PvPing [...] with MMs since before I knew what CoH was", since I was playing CoH back in Issue 2 or 3 ... and MMs didn't exist until issue 6.  Hell, my main on Live was a Mastermind.

2 hours ago, M3z said:

As much as you are trying to turn this into a pvper vs pver thing it isn't.

That's funny; I didn't mention PvP or PvE in my first response, at all.

In fact, I responded on the assumption it was a PvE suggestion - and I stand by that response, even in a purely PvE environment: MMs do not need a buff.

As for PvP buffs ... you can have whatever you can convince the devs to give you, without a peep from me ... as long as it doesn't negatively impact my PvE experience.  The moment it does affect my experience that way, you can expect me to be in full opposition to it.  The same as I'd expect you to be upset by a PvE-motivated change that negatively impacted PvP.

Edited by PaxArcana
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 1:08 PM, biostem said:

Actually, what I'd rather see is a way to "collapse" your pets onto yourself, without having to unsummon them.  I don't think it's reasonable to give pets more damage (take assault), or more tohit (take tactics), or stealth, (just take grant invisibility).  There was another thread going which talked about making the pets even level with you, and just adjusting their stats accordingly, which I think is a good idea...

IIRC EverQuest 2 summoners had a spell to store their pets fully buffer while either traveling or in areas pets were a liability.  It's been years since I played my necromancer however...

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds