?/martial combat

graeberguinn

Have a theme in mind. Going elemental. Would you suggest fire, ice, water, elec as primary to round out martial? What are pros/cons? Synergies? Builds? 

I know with martial I'll be in melee blapping it up so...

Was thinking of getting CJ/SJ/SS, and stealth if I can fit all those in. 

I can only chime in as a DP/MC, so I'll only go off of mostly MC and a blapping perspective:

1) If you're blapping, don't pass up Burst of Speed--> Dragon's Tail to go into melee groups. AoE-Warping, PbAoE dmg-KD, and melee mop up or nuke while they're on their asses.

2) Bearing that melee stuff in mind, do the patron arc, villain side, get Scorpion Shield and switch back to blue or pick up the Ice EPP for the Ice Shield and possibly Hibernate or Hoarfrost for even extra dmg soak.

3) Love Ki Push for Bosses and annoying Lt's/Minions. They stay in the air nice and long which gives you a lot of options to handle them or others. You can even semi ping-pong them depending on where you position yourself near them while they're flying away.

4) Never, ever turn that Reaction Time toggle off. Love it for the absorb. Love it for the debuff. Love it for extra end...with the right slotting (and I just mean basic, non-set IO's), you'll be able to run Leadership toggles, Fighting toggles, and Scorp Shield without breaking much of a sweat at all) . And love it for the slow.  Combine it with slotted Scorpion Shield, Tough, Weave, Maneuvers, etc. and it's just a blast to play. 

5) Inner Will is optional for me. I kept it because I'd rather use Break-Free inspirations as combination ingredients for purples or yellows. The heal component is absolutely terrible. lol

My take:

Water is ranged. REALLY ranged. It does awesome at medium range. You can do it with MC, but all the diving in and out of range is kinda tough.

Fire's nuke is melee-based.

Ice is another major ranged set, but you don't really have to play it that way because it's cones basically suck.

Electric's got some... issues. Still doable, but it pays with some damage for an effect that is just hard to capitalize on (end drain) and doesn't work on the Big Bads very well.

1 hour ago, Frostweaver said:

You guys have heard of the 'go to enemy' bind for shield bash, right?

Does anyone know a similar bind for burst of speed? Doing 3 in quick succession nets you a nice damage boost, but the hunt-and-peck-and-target circle of it slows you WAY down.

Fat man posted it on a different /MC thread here:

I believe you can also use something to the effect of:

/bind key "powexec_location target Burst of Speed"

This should immediately use a location based targeted effect on your target.  Instead of target you can use me or self to do the same thing with rain powers to make you the center of the location based power.