Homecoming Server Update (May 7th): Donations

Cipher

Thankyou Homecoming Team and all involved for bringing so much happiness to so many people.

Thankyou to everybody who donated, I like many others here are genuinely disappointed we couldn't contribute something towards the costs this month.

I appreciate that right now things may be somewhat hectic organising such a project but perhaps when the non-profit is set up and you have a few months under your belt, the donations pool could be expanded to include a legal defense fund or any excess in funds donated to charities (maybe a forum vote each month to decide the beneficiary).

I have very little clue about how realistic this would be but like myself I'm sure many would like to contribute in anyway to ensure the continuation of our city and the team that gave it back to us.

Wonderful! A feeling of great joy and gratitude. Great joy and gratitude. ;)

You guys should keep donations open and just be transparent about how much is in reserve. Population will eventually decline to a point where the monthly cost becomes tougher to hit. Reserves will allow the game to continue for longer which would be great for those that want to play long term. I personally don't mind paying 10-15 dollars a month for any game that I enjoy playing. I would rather see that than have a game I enjoy die out.

If I could win the lottery, the game would be permanently funded! You know, I started reading this thread and by time I was a few comments in I started to well up with tears.  Thank you for bringing back my favorite game, those that are running it and those that donated to the cause.

I hope that these forums will get the same attention announcement-wise as Discord....not all people like/use Discord.

And not all people CAN use Discord... like those of us that are trying to play from work when they should be working.... *whistles innocently*

I'm out.

Hello Cipher (and all).

I'm a 51yo medical professional who does truly enjoy this game and has missed it since it was originally retired by NCsoft.

I am grateful that you all have resurrected the game and I have spent many hours enjoying the fruits of your efforts and labor already.

More and more, I am feeling guilty that I am not able to contribute (at least financially) to your efforts.

Is there some way that we're going to be able to do so to help keep the game running?

Thank you,

~ JonArmyMedGuy

Thanks for doing this folks. I played this game from 2004 to 2010... 6 beautiful years. Took a break, came back only to find back that they'd closed down THE game for me. So I'd be happy to chip in regularly. That being said.... where's the link to the site where donations are made? Apologies in advance.