Tanker Tuesdays

Tiffany Seville

8 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

I was on @Warboss's team this time!

He didn't have enough KB protection and got FREEM!'d by the mapserver!

Thanks for leading!

Don't look at me. I didn't change the friggin' mechanics of the game. I was running a Rad. Recent changes are the issue. I've already stated multiple times how I feel about them.

• Moose 1

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

1 hour ago, Warboss said:

Don't look at me. I didn't change the friggin' mechanics of the game. I was running a Rad. Recent changes are the issue. I've already stated multiple times how I feel about them.

This is nothing compared to the earlier change to Singularities.  Only SOME powersets have Repel protection.  Those without can enjoy being bounced around like a beach ball by 2-3 boss-level Singularities on EVERY spawn when going up against Family.

I would rather be knocked down a dozen times on a Citadel than endure THAT.

I must have missed this change. I was also noticing that I was getting ragdolled on my Bio/Spines running missions against the Council.

What change did they make?

I don't care for either affect, and not sure what the thought process was that pumping both affects up to the levels they're currently at would add more fun to the game.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

5 hours ago, Warboss said:

I was talking about the mag 30 DC you got hit with towards the end of the TF!

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

A fun night tonight on Torchbearer. We had 3 teams running with PLV leading a Hess TF, Agoogala leading the mission team, and myself with a 5 tank LGTF (yes Hami took a while but we got him).

Thanks all who came, there were a bunch of new tanks tonight and hopefully they will return the next time.

screenshot_240514-20-38-52.thumb.jpg.aa2c7b87b9ab717661db35ed2bb92992.jpg

This Saturday we are on Reunion 5:30pm GMT/ 12:30 pm ET / 9:30 am PT. I think Yin in on the schedule for that one with the Bio/* tanks.

And next Tuesday, May 21 we are on Everlasting.

See you then.

10 hours ago, Ronin_Around said:

A fun night tonight on Torchbearer. We had 3 teams running with PLV leading a Hess TF

We had seven and finished a +2/8 in 48 minutes.  @Pep Rally's latest dinged 50 (actually during the spanking of Pali to start the night), so that made it all worthwhile.

...and we had loads of fun, even with the new Council FREEM-ing away.  I can say that the Rad/SS I drove didn't get knocked down, a single time, where my Fire/Fire on Citadel, last week, was flattened a dozen or more times.  With defenses around 20%, I can only surmise the absorb shield was deflecting the KDs.

See you, Saturday!

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Before I switched servers to last night's TT, I thought "I should get some SG boosts before switching because you never know what TT will serve up." I then, of course, forgot about it till after I switched and was SG-less. Man, I could have used some End Drain Resistance and Fear Resistance vs those 4 Horsemen. Famine, I guess, kept doing a massive end drain combined with Terrorize that would detoggle everything. Those were some challenging fights for Shiny Doom Ball (ice/spines).

But the whole thing was fun and not many people can say they've done a tank-only LGTF. Next time, I'm respeccing to get more holds!

On 5/15/2024 at 8:58 AM, Glowworm said:

I then, of course, forgot about it till after I switched and was SG-less.

The "Tank HQ" SG is on all servers we visit.  Ask one of the TTT leaders for an invite if you arrive early enough.   Personally, I just made mini-bases on all the servers and park a level 1 SG leader to hold down the fort and invite my travelling tankers.

Not that I've been around lately.  Hope to make Everlasting next week tho and maybe even Reunion Saturday if I can remember it this time.

On 5/15/2024 at 6:52 AM, PLVRIZR said:

...and we had loads of fun, even with the new Council FREEM-ing away.  I can say that the Rad/SS I drove didn't get knocked down, a single time, where my Fire/Fire on Citadel, last week, was flattened a dozen or more times.  With defenses around 20%, I can only surmise the absorb shield was deflecting the KDs.

Hmmm, an interesting thought, but I don't see any documentation that indicates that Particle Shielding would be providing that, unless there's a rather LARGE allowance to the term "Absorb" meaning KB as well as damage... could be, can't really say. But with the number of Rads I've run, I don't find that power to prevent the issue.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

18 hours ago, Warboss said:

Hmmm, an interesting thought, but I don't see any documentation that indicates that Particle Shielding would be providing that, unless there's a rather LARGE allowance to the term "Absorb" meaning KB as well as damage... could be, can't really say. But with the number of Rads I've run, I don't find that power to prevent the issue.

If definitely has nothing for KB.  Just absorb, regen, and recovery.  I would guess the more likely reason for getting knocked down less was... knocking THEM down more.  Rad/SS puts butts on floors more often than Fire/Fire, I'd wager.  

2 hours ago, ZemX said:

If definitely has nothing for KB.  Just absorb, regen, and recovery.  I would guess the more likely reason for getting knocked down less was... knocking THEM down more.  Rad/SS puts butts on floors more often than Fire/Fire, I'd wager.  

That was my thinking as well. So anything that interrupts the attack process would achieve the same "results". 

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Back to slotting FM for KD for me...

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Back to slotting FM for KD for me...

Bossman... you slot FM for "kill fasterer" and it achieves the same effect.  Permanent KD.  Only need to do it once. 🤪

True, but you can open with KD (FSC (Avalanched)), then hit them with a proc'd out Combustion, Epics, Incarnates. Works pretty well, and you get to see them on their backsides at the start. Plus FSC fires pretty quickly and you can get a fast recharge on it (atm).

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

A good run on Everlasting tonight, we had 3 teams going with a Manticore TF (thanks for leading, PLV), a mission team (thanks for leading that, MsA) and a Sutter for the people who like being lead to horrible deaths by me. We finished the night by merging teams and doing a couple of passes through the werewolf world for fun and some dumpster diving.

screenshot_240521-20-36-34.thumb.jpg.de31d35c5641d1570de3625d886d4dc7.jpg

Will see you all next week on Indomitable at the same Tank Time and same Tank Place.

9 hours ago, Ronin_Around said:

A good run on Everlasting tonight, we had 3 teams going with a Manticore TF (thanks for leading, PLV)

My pleasure and we had a blast.  Eight tanks (only three of us: @Spaghetti Betty and @ZemX plus my AVALNCH were 50+/built/incarnates and the other five were sub-40, when we started) finished the +2/8 in 55 minutes, with a kill through strategy.  @wittylibrarian died first, so the streak continues.  MANY levels attained and much herding and hilarity ensued.  Thanks to SB and Zem for leading the herding and welcome to the new (to TT) tankers.

• Moose 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

8 minutes ago, PLVRIZR said:

finished the +2/8 in 55 minutes, with a kill through strategy. 

Well we started kill-through anyway... that always gives way to speed by about the second "kill so-and-so, his men" mission.  It'd be a hell of a long slog otherwise, so I'm cool with that.  Some good herding in the first few missions.  Always happy to give Ground Zero's 30 target cap a workout. 🤪

I like bringing my Elec/Elec to Manticore! I do give Elec Melee a lot of slack for being an underperformer, but Lightning Rod handily deletes all of the problematic mobs from the Crey ranks (Crey Crisis Units and Juggernauts are LTs, so they are promptly flattened)!

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

21 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

I like bringing my Elec/Elec to Manticore! I do give Elec Melee a lot of slack for being an underperformer, but Lightning Rod handily deletes all of the problematic mobs from the Crey ranks (Crey Crisis Units and Juggernauts are LTs, so they are promptly flattened)!

For my Rad Tankers, and I would imagine this goes the same for Elec... the PP Elite Radiation Defender is the absolute worst.  Unresistible Enervating Field.  We were at +2, so worst case, the +3s were chopping -40% res(ALL) off anybody in range of their toggle anchor, no matter how much RES you had to begin with.  Nasty business.

Everybody else was just annoying.  THOSE guys were deadly.

Ice armor and it's massive defense had little problem, with any of them.  Surprisingly, I didn't see much defense debuff in the combat monitor.  Maybe it's because I build for survival 😝

We had 2 full teams on Indomitable tonight, @PLVRIZR led a Market Crash team victory in about 48 minutes and some new faces and tanks joined me on some missions in PI.

Much leveling and mayhem ensued, but no photo evidence survived.

Next week, June 4th we will be back on Excel. See you all then

Damn it, you guys were on my home server, where I have close to a dozen Tankers at various levels, and I missed it. Curse this active social life 🙂

12 hours ago, Ronin_Around said:

We had 2 full teams on Indomitable tonight, @PLVRIZR led a Market Crash team victory in about 48 minutes

It was a blast, with some new faces and a shout-out to @MsAligned for helping to lead the herding.  We rocked and rolled and the giant Crimson d-bag dropped in about 5 min.  See you next week!